Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Updating policies

Hi,

How does everyone go about reviewing their policies and procedures?. Also, how often do you review each one?. Currently our committee reviews them at half termly meetings but  when meetings attendance is low (which is most of the time) the reviews are moved to the next meeting. 

Edited by littlebunnies

Ours our revised annually or when new legislation comes in.  I look through them, make any changes then email them to committee and staff to look at and they make any changes that they think. I then write the review date on the bottom of the policy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, littlebunnies said:

Hi,

How does everyone go about reviewing their policies and procedures?. Also, how often do you review each one?. Currently our committee reviews them at half termly meetings but  when meetings attendance is low (which is most of the time) the reviews are moved to the next meeting. 

Do you mean they review all of them at each meeting (gulp), just a couple or when you ask them too?

like zigzag, I do them annually (Sept) I have a record sheet at the front and add the date and ‘R’ for reviewed but no changes needed, then work through any that need updating, no more than a couple at a time and pass to the committee to check/sign off, once done I add date agreed and ‘R/U’, then update through the year as things crop up or legislation dictates.

• Like 3

We review ours on a rolling program so that we look over a few every month. If legislation or guidance changes we review them then too. We keep a list of policies and procedures, the review dates and then any action taken (updated? telephone numbers or personnel changes? No changes required? etc)

• Like 1

On 06/03/2018 at 07:15, Mouseketeer said:

Do you mean they review all of them at each meeting (gulp), just a couple or when you ask them too?

like zigzag, I do them annually (Sept) I have a record sheet at the front and add the date and ‘R’ for reviewed but no changes needed, then work through any that need updating, no more than a couple at a time and pass to the committee to check/sign off, once done I add date agreed and ‘R/U’, then update through the year as things crop up or legislation dictates.

I meant they review just a couple each meeting. 

Thank you for your reply. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)