Jump to content
About Us

Early Years Unit - alternative name


Recommended Posts

Dear all,

From September our school Nursery will no longer be run by a teacher but by an EYP. I am the Reception class teacher and EYs lead and will be overseeing the Nursery. We want to name our EYFS to incorporate both the Nursery and Reception but don't really like the word 'unit' as sounds a little institutionalised. Does anyone have any alternatives that we could refer ourselves to which is not 'EY's Unit'

Many Thanks ::1a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry - not sure what this means ???


An attelier is a term from Reggio Emilia meaning an area of their classroom/school used for creative work, investigation, exploration and led by an attelierista.


Not sure about using it for a name in England though, as I think most people wouldn't know what it is!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 years later...

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)