Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A little bit excited!

finleysmaid

To be honest looks like you've been to Lakeland and bought the latest in electric egg boiler! How long do you wait now for them to hatch? My grand daughter's class had duck eggs last year, she used to call them the 'duckerlings' so sweet.

• Like 3

blimey don't use THAT word...have had to block off the whole area from the cleaners...terrified there might be a horrible sight in the morning!

:lol: I knew eggzactly what i was saying :rolleyes:

Hey - but wait - you have cleaners? Blimey how the other half live ;) :lol: :lol:

Anyway - crack on! :lol:

• Like 3

To be honest looks like you've been to Lakeland and bought the latest in electric egg boiler!

:o oh that's a bit scary - let's hope she knows what she's doing :blink: sure she does, she is usually a shining eggzample to us all :lol:

Right enough with corny yolks - I have work to do :rolleyes:

• Like 1

so they will stay with us till a week on friday, We get to put them in their brood cage tomorrow and then they get to go swimming next week :wub:

When they leave us they will go back to the farm (egg not poultry!!!!!)

We have promised NOT to name them...I don't want 5 weeping members of staff next week :ph34r:

• Like 2

no we didn't know it would be so quick ...they suggest the eggs will hatch in the first 48 hours but ours all popped out today. It's very clever, they check the eggs and choose them send them out on a Monday or Tuesday have Wednesday off and then pick them up Thursday or Friday. Lovely chap delivered them. Really wished I had worked out how to do the tip lapse on my laptop will have to aim for this next time ;)

• Like 2

So sweet, in honour of your Duckerlings I read a Fergus the Dog story about baby ducks following him and woofing instead of quacking today, children adored it.

51MB808cKML._SX387_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

so sweet!

I am happy to provide you with a special photo or two to share!!

We are reading gumboots chocolatey day tomorrow....also about a young duck but he makes friends with a pig!!

• Like 1

We are so lucky in our nursery. Our outside space is tiny, but for the last 3 years we have had a duck nesting under one of the only bushes in the garden. She sits on it each day, well hidden (but the children know she's there) less than a foot away from the playing children. After hatching she hangs about for a couple of days, leaving the safety of her nest, then scurrying back with her chicks when the children go out. ☺️

• Like 4

We had ducklings and chicks this year. We used our pupil premium money to get them. Children loved them.

The ducklings went to happy homes, 2 to my house to join our other 8! and the other 4 went to live on a pub allotment.

We have a duck nesting in out nursery hedge too, bizarrely about a meter high! she sits happily on her nest and pops out for a waddle when the children come in!

We had ducklings and chicks this year. We used our pupil premium money to get them. Children loved them.

The ducklings went to happy homes, 2 to my house to join our other 8! and the other 4 went to live on a pub allotment.

We have a duck nesting in out nursery hedge too, bizarrely about a meter high! she sits happily on her nest and pops out for a waddle when the children come in!

What a great way to use your pupil premium money!