Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYPP Monitoring

No, we haven't seen anyone - although our Ofsted inspector was very thorough about how we could prove 'impact' of the money we had spent.

Hmmmm we got a very thorough 'going over today'. Over 3hrs!! I think we 'passed' with a few admin 'to do's'.

Made me think though....it's another extra lot of work being placed on us for .53p per hour (less tax) resource!

Maybe we should be in 'Power' - we make magic happen.....on nothing very much at all, imagine how we could get people's bins emptied every week!

Hmmmm we got a very thorough 'going over today'. Over 3hrs!! I think we 'passed' with a few admin 'to do's'.

Made me think though....it's another extra lot of work being placed on us for .53p per hour (less tax) resource!

Maybe we should be in 'Power' - we make magic happen.....on nothing very much at all, imagine how we could get people's bins emptied every week!

This term I have one child who is elegible....a total of about £87.....now what can we do with that.....???? finding it not worth it if you know what I mean....

• Like 2

good grief....what did they ask you???

• Like 1

Was at an EY conference with Ofsted last week. They say that from April inspectors will really be tracking EYPP children and asking the key person how the money is being spent in much more depth than of late. it will be reported on in the reports and if no EYPP children are on the register in a depreived area why not!!!!!

We were told at the annual PVI business meeting with our LA today that the last few inspections in the city have been very keen on the EYPP tracking/expenditure and outcomes for children. Moreover, they expect staff in the pre-school room, and not just the managers, to be able to explain which children get the funding, what they are doing for those children over and above, and what the expected outcomes are.

• Like 1

Yes the feedback was all about what Ofsted will be looking for. I confess our paperwork was not quite up to scratch!

I have the feedback form -not with me - but I will put the headings on.

IF YOU DO HAVE EYPP CHILDREN THEN THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF!!

Everything must be documented individually: , individual childrens needs: expenditure: etc

I messed up by grouping my 6 childrens eypp together and arranged small group activities that support early learning skills in readiness for school. I pay someone to come in 2 days a week

Thought I was ahead of the game.......

Now realise that paperwork showing individual needs is a MUST!

Will put the monitoring headings on here tomorrow so you can see how its supposed to be done!

Lots of work again and I feel another big judgement on us, as if we don't do enough already!!!

• Like 3

so............wht kind of things would you buy with the extra money from EYPP?? I might have two children on it soon

We had 3 children previously, although only 1 at the moment despite the area we are in! Lots live in flats and we were getting frequent requests not to take them outside if it was raining, so we bought some good quality waterproof trousers to enable them to access outdoor play more readily.

• Like 3

We currently have one child on EYPP who has no developmental delays at all. I have struggled to come up with ideas of things to buy so that I can justify my spending and the impact it has. I think the amount of paperwork involved for an extra 53p an hour is just ridiculous and the extra responsibility of justifying it to Ofsted just puts more pressure on.

• Like 2

So here is the monitoring form used for EYPP by our LEA - so questions you may be asked by Ofsted??

How is the Eypp being promoted to parents?

Have you encountered any barriers stopping parents applying for Eypp?

Do all practitioners know who the EYPP children are and what their Eypp action plans cover?

How do you ensure a shared ethos of high aspirations and expectations for all children and ensure that all practitioners are held accountable for individual children's progress?

Then..

Discussion on an identified child with Eypp

Has the child got an action plan and if so who was involved in developing this?

Childs progress tracked

Action Plan (subtitles):

Have the needs of the child been identified

Have actions/interventions been identified

Does the plan link to the prime areas

Is supporting parents in engaging with children's learning a feature in the actions

Are timescales included

Have the costs been recorded

Have monitoring strategies been identified

Is impact noted

Good eh?

• Like 1