Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Quibbles!

So... I don't really post often and am more of a lurker.

can anyone advise, we have constant staff moaning and quibbles about leaving washing up in the sink. Do you have a time when one member of staff does the washing up. Obviously there are times when some mugs, spoons etc are left.

Staff are now saying i'm not washing up anything I haven't used! It feels like we're in a school playground!

Tia sorry if this doesn't make sense

Hello Amina - glad that you have stopped 'lurking' and have decided to join in! :1b

How petty of your staff (if you don't mind me saying so)

We all wash up as when needed and don't think twice about it........sorry that's not particularly helpful :blink:

• Like 3

Oh I do love a good quibble! We wash up as when it's convenient and not at the expense of valuable time with children. For example tidy up or story time and it's whoever is free. At times this will be at the end of the session (although will probably be me!).

• Like 1

Whoever is there does the washing up and has their cuppa and a biscuit ( special staff chocolate ones) at the same time - is that classed as bribery? Failing that I do it, we all seem to get on and it gets done..

However at my last place it all got a bit niggly so we had to have a rota. I did a list of all the jobs like getting snack, washing up, nappies singing, story etc for the week and let the staff sort it out fairly amongst them or I sorted it out for them! :ph34r: ::1a

Quite simple really : if YOU use a cup for your brew, then YOU wash it up. Anything left in the sink, or on the drainer in a used state, goes straight in the bin. No cups/mugs will be bought to replace them. Whinge on ladies...............wash it, or lose it :)

• Like 1

Thank you all for replying :) Its not really the dishes in the room thats the problem, it seems to be the kitchen when staff have had lunch, or had a cup of tea.

Would love to just say bin it, but its all nursery dishes so i'd probably have to replace them anyway -_-

Suppose it depends on the age of the team, often the staff that had children or dependents would see it needs doing and just wash up, whereas those younger staff who often lived at home were used to it being done for them.. A generalisation I know but often the case.

You could use a version of Narnias and hide away any crockery that had been left at the end of the session.. so it was no longer in use.. and see what happens..

and/ or allocate one person to do it at the end of each day.. (which may cause issues if someone is never there at end of the day) ensuring everyone has a turn to do it..

Edited by Inge

I agree with narnia if you use it then you wash it our staff have their breaks in the staff room so it's not the cups etc that the children have used but what they've used for themselves so I would expect them to clean up after themselves