Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

6 minutes ago, Froglet said:

😄  You talk about bins all you like - I'm enjoying it !  I have just slightly run out of things to add to the conversation...Plus am feeling slightly left out because I've never been stickered!

Oh right, well when I pop up for breakfast I will remember to put a big sticker on your bin 🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Deal! 😉 Although remember that gardening assistance I need!

No problem and on my way back down to Kent I can call in to Louby and get her composting started 🤣 - oh in a compost BIN of course 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

!  A new skein of hand-dyed yarn in the most beautiful autumnal colours has arrived in the post. 

You've just reminded me I have a Persian Jewel kit I ordered. I thought I would do it during the summer. :) 

I once made banana and coconut pancakes, they were nice and I totally forgot about those too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Yep - I've been stickered 'do not put food waste in this bin' - what, I did no such thing 😡- turned out as Mousie said it was a general sticker job(good job that I realised that before ringing the council full of indignation) 🤣

I had tell old Andy to refrain from getting into the bin- then jumping up and down trying to compact it down after my sticker shame. 🤣

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, louby loo said:

You've just reminded me I have a Persian Jewel kit I ordered. I thought I would do it during the summer. :)

I once made banana and coconut pancakes, they were nice and I totally forgot about those too!

Glad to have been of service! 😉  Persian Jewel?  If it's the one I think it is that will be stunning!

42 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Glad to have been of service! 😉  Persian Jewel?  If it's the one I think it is that will be stunning!

Off to google 'Persian jewel'

Crochet? If so very pretty

Note to self:do not go back and look at pictures of Persian cats

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cait said:

Having waste visible in the boxes, rather than all in a bin makes bin day walks into town interesting. “Look how many bottles of wine they’ve got through in a fortnight!’  ‘Ooh they’ve not washed out their tins and jars, yuk!’   Makes me become very judgemental 😂😂😳🤔

I was doing this on my daily walks (before returning to work) and it was quite an eye opener lol - obviously it was during lock down so lots of people seemed to be having their own parties in their houses lol.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Off to google 'Persian jewel'

Crochet? If so very pretty

Note to self:do not go back and look at pictures of Persian cats

crochet :) ............. off to google Persian cats now .....

The restaurant in my local garden centre has opened today, and now I'm very hungry. I shall leave it a few weeks then I'm going to meet a friend there for lunch. It has gone a bit 'chain menu' now, but the actual garden centre was taken over a few years ago by a small chain, and I guess they've now used the time to upgrade the restaurant part of it.  I hope it hasn't lost its charm though.

• Like 2

You're OK Froglet I haven't been stickered either - seems my council saved that for giving us helpful stickers to put on the bins telling us what could and shouldn't be put in it.

during lockdown we haven't had any batteries or electrical or clothing items collected.   We have to book an appointment for the dump.  No 20 tried she was well into the thousands on a waiting list so I haven't bothered:lol:

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

I thought it was Thursday today- but it turns out its Friday again.

Hope all the term times have had a good last week, not sure about the full year'ers, normally I guess this is when it often gets quieter - but not sure how it pans out for you this year.

I had my hair cut this week, not really much different to normal really apart from masks. My hairdresser set up on her own a few years ago and has a log cabin type thing in her garden. 

• Like 2

It is indeed another Friday!

My last day of term today - well it would have been if I had gone back!

Time to think about the summer TDL 😮 with all sorts of additions for a safe return in September

Happy weekend y'all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

Monitor the ticking off!!????............. I'll be out 'n' out just copying it! 🤣🤣🤣

No change there then 🤣

I have been up to our Post Office to post some letters (didn't go in at all) - out came my youngest son's ex girlfriend (from 20 odd years ago), she is such a lovely person and a huge 'hugger' - I found myself saying "no, stop, no hugs, keep away from me" - luckily she thought that was really funny and we whiled away an hour, chatting from a safe distance!

• Like 2

well thats it! all our goodbyes done and shut up the pre-school for the summer. We have taken the opportuntiy to have a good clear out and a refresh and have also invested a bit in the garden for the beginning of next year. It's been an emotional term end...perhaps even more so than normal. 

We had a great meeting and have had a bit of a rethink with regards to planning and reporting next year to reduce the workload and make it more user friendly! It was lovley to have the whole team together again  I'm ready for a break but need to make sure i finish the paperwork first or it just won't get done!

• Like 2

It all sounds very positive Fm, we haven’t done any planning as such for a couple of years now, it’s made us realise we don’t need anything like the amount of resources we previously had available (not sure what to do with what isn’t out though, it’s currently being stored in a space that will need to be included in floor space when we get back up to speed 🤔).

Enjoy a well earned break for all you TTO settings and stay safe for those of you open through the summer ️ 

• Like 3

We are usually packaway but have been able to leave stuff out over the last 7 weeks which has been lovely, only having to clean and rotate stuff which has been put back in the cupboard out of the childrens way.

However we have been a little gung ho the last few weeks with putting stuff back properly and the cupboard was a real mess which was fine until yesterday when we had to put everything in the cupboard to allow for a deep clean by the centre's cleaners during the holidays - it was really hard work getting everything into it and I think it will need a "Caution" sign on the door to remind us when we return to tidy, sort and get rid just before we return.

Have a lovely break everyone and those who continue to work stay safe. 

• Like 3

'ere we go again - another Friday!

Pretty good week here

Just as I was beginning to feel more confident about this whole situation I have had a text message from staff member this morning (also dear friend) her husband is not well, high temperature, dodgy tum and chest pain (he thinks muscular), she rang 111 expecting them to say 'get a test', but in fact they sent an ambulance, upshot is that he was checked over, his blood pressure kept dipping too low.....whole family to be tested this morning (drive thru), obviously I have everything crossed for them.

Hope that all my Friday Friends are well, wishing you all a good weekend x

• Like 1

I'm doing the Ofsted Big Conversation thing today - hoping that there might be something useful for September.

A good week, although I am at last feeling a little more relaxed now.  Even though we didn't open I couldn't seem shut-off before with the constant should/shouldn't I be open etc.   I still have a small constant  whir in the but of my head planning for Sept though!

I need to try and sort some kind of compost as I filled the green bin yesterday and it was only just emptied, with none of the neighbours going on holiday this year-  not able to add extra bins along the road!!!

Any lavender experts here?  We planted a lavender raised boarder and it has gone wild!,  Is it early this year as we had good weather early on? If I chop it back now will I get a second bloom?  It was absolutely beautiful - but has now gone over :(  I was expecting it to be at it peak around now to be honest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I'm doing the Ofsted Big Conversation thing today - hoping that there might be something useful for September.

A good week, although I am at last feeling a little more relaxed now.  Even though we didn't open I couldn't seem shut-off before with the constant should/shouldn't I be open etc.   I still have a small constant  whir in the but of my head planning for Sept though!

I need to try and sort some kind of compost as I filled the green bin yesterday and it was only just emptied, with none of the neighbours going on holiday this year-  not able to add extra bins along the road!!!

Any lavender experts here?  We planted a lavender raised boarder and it has gone wild!,  Is it early this year as we had good weather early on? If I chop it back now will I get a second bloom?  It was absolutely beautiful - but has now gone over :(  I was expecting it to be at it peak around now to be honest.

Oh - please share if you get any good info from the 'Big Convo'

I completely recognise the 'constant whir' - I know that I need to get my thoughts down on paper and organise my Risk Assessment (instead of just constantly thinking about it)

Compost is definitely the way to go! 

Lavender - I do have lots - but I'm no expert - I do know that you shouldn't cut back as far as the 'woody' parts.....

I came back with a book recommendation 'The Last days of Rabbit Hayes' Anna McPartlin 

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Just been reading up about lavender - apparently you must not cut back at all in it's first year

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Just been reading up about lavender - apparently you must not cut back at all in it's first year

Ohpps... it's had a bit of a trim up!  It went in last spring so not sure if this counts as first year or not?

Anyway I blame Monty Don - he told me to do it!    I've only done a couple of drastic cuts though, as it seems if I cut a bit lower at this time of year it 'should' be ok 😳, if left until later no so good. One plant seemed to have gone a bit...'can't think of a word'.... so that one had a deeper cut, the rest is really just a trim up of stems.

The Ofsted Big Conversations.  Main points, inspections will continue properly in Jan 21, although settings with RI or inadequate- with wellbeing and safeguarding recommendations from this September.  These will only be checking they have followed up recommendations though and will not give a grading.       Setting can actually be inspected from Dec 1st though- although these will only be urgent cases.    When they do commence it will be "like the clock stopped' with regards to timings- so for example for us awaiting our first inspection which was due by this July,  it will now probably be due by around next April/May time.  

New Development Matters to be launched in September (subject to gov approval) supposed to be less paperwork, with less emphasise on tracking and date collection.

Lots of questions about the lack of child development knowledge in newly trained staff - at all levels not just early years settings but schools too.

To be honest it was a weird thing, along with the zoom meeting on the screen there was an online  'chat session' going on with all the participants!   Very confusing as I wanted to both listen to the speakers and read the comments people where making.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1