Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

33 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh - should just say that I have absolutely no intention of retiring yet - I hope that I have a good couple of years left before I take that leap! 😁

Yay! to state pension 😁.  Probably not that much between us ... but I still have a few years 😭. My husband is 6 weeks older than my brother, and because of all the phased changes  my brother had to wait about 3 months longer to get his.

I have decided to take a step back in September though.  I think I've said before, but I'm the youngest in our 'age group' of friends- and they are all well and truly retired! I'm now going to take more time for myself now. My deputy has been a star during the last few months and is more than happy to take on more responsibilities. 

• Like 2

Well it’s been a hellish two weeks for me. My darling Dad was rushed to hospital (not Covid related) and it’s literally been a rollercoaster everyday since. We were first told there was no hope, then told he was improving then told they were removing all treatment and we were called in four times for end of life visits. But I am delighted that today he actually managed to sit in the chair for an hour and ate some lunch.  Despite being 89 and very seriously ill he still has the most amazing fight and stubborn streak in him! I am almost scared to say that we now see some light at the end of the tunnel. Although the end of life visits were traumatic we were lucky to see him. Now of course we are not allowed to visit which is hard on us but so very hard for him.  Makes me so very, very cross when I see the beaches and the football celebrations with all those irresponsible people congregating together, what on earth are they thinking! 

Just wanted to add that we reopened this week and it was my first day back today. I was dead set against opening with just three children but I have to say that they are very happy and don’t seem phased by it at all.  It’s also a good learning curve for September. (Quite concerned how we are going to operate on full numbers in September and keep up with the cleaning) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Well it’s been a hellish two weeks for me. My darling Dad was rushed to hospital (not Covid related) and it’s literally been a rollercoaster everyday since. We were first told there was no hope, then told he was improving then told they were removing all treatment and we were called in four times for end of life visits. But I am delighted that today he actually managed to sit in the chair for an hour and ate some lunch.  Despite being 89 and very seriously ill he still has the most amazing fight and stubborn streak in him! I am almost scared to say that we now see some light at the end of the tunnel. Although the end of life visits were traumatic we were lucky to see him. Now of course we are not allowed to visit which is hard on us but so very hard for him.  Makes me so very, very cross when I see the beaches and the football celebrations with all those irresponsible people congregating together, what on earth are they thinking! 

:( So sad to hear these stories.  Hope he continues to do well though xxxx

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

I have kept your dad in my thoughts just as I said I would, hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for him now x

• Like 1

ZIgzag thinking of you and your family. xxxHope all goes well.

My week has flown by i seem to have got in to a habit of having a nap when i return home ..much to the dogs annoyance but its been too hot to walk them till later. Seems normal to go to work now. Have offered places to new starters for september and beginning to plan for that . Have worked out a reasonable plan i think for returning (all subject to change) and new routines etc. Have had to restrict some things but i seem to be getting lots of requests for 30 hour places which seems easier! Although we seem to have about 4 children with SEND on the list and we won't be able to take them all, we just don't have the staff to meet their needs:( very excited to have a family barbeque on sunday and need to help daughter with sorting out her storage stuff tmorrow plus some allotment work. i should be busy!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

I am going to have to close my windows - all I can hear is cows calling for their calves - they must have been separated today, such a sad sound 

I would find that upsetting 😪. We're surrounded by crops, which I always think is a bit boring- but I'm glad about that now.

34 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I would find that upsetting 😪. We're surrounded by crops, which I always think is a bit boring- but I'm glad about that now.

It is unbearable poor cows, such a mournful sound, they will continue with this for ages too, when they do stop then I will be thinking that they are just in despair, farming can be so cruel - but then I drink milk and eat meat 

5 hours ago, zigzag said:

My Mum has just been rushed in tonight. ...

'The cows' are now a topic of conversation on our village Facebook page - now I can (sort of) understand one or two people not recognising what is going on but my word their are loads of frankly ridiculous speculative posts <walks away muttering flippin' townies this is country life>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

'The cows' are now a topic of conversation on our village Facebook page - now I can (sort of) understand one or two people not recognising what is going on but my word their are loads of frankly ridiculous speculative posts <walks away muttering flippin' townies this is country life>

Goodness - wrong their in my post <hangs head in shame> 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Ah young Froglet pleased that you have posted - you do realise that if you don't pop up on our Friday thread that I worry about you!

I do and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Am just a bit manic at school right now - there are several ‘challenges’ at the moment which are not remotely Covid related and somehow that seems to make them even more frustrating and tiring!

• Like 1

Wow, I popped in briefly Friday and all seemed relatively quiet - was surprised to see so many posts on here.

Cait, a very worrying time for you, given that you have also had the virus in close family to deal with.   I'm thinking of you, and know your mum will receive the best of care, just difficult when you are unable to visit and even when you can, it's not an easy thing to do.

Zigzag, I think it's amazing how many times the older members of our families can pull through really difficult times.  Glad your dad is on the road to making a recovery.

• Like 2

Pleased to report that she is hopefully returning home today.  The meningioma in her brain hasn’t grown since January, but the CT scan did show that she’s had a stroke since then, but not recently. It’s in the area of her brain that controls vision, but her vision isn’t impaired at all, which has them stumped.   Her muddled state has calmed and she can now text again, and has been doing.   Things are looking up again.   Fingers and toes crossed I can get her back to her beloved sewing machine, where she’s been making masks for everyone in the apartment block!   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cait said:

Pleased to report that she is hopefully returning home today.  The meningioma in her brain hasn’t grown since January, but the CT scan did show that she’s had a stroke since then, but not recently. It’s in the area of her brain that controls vision, but her vision isn’t impaired at all, which has them stumped.   Her muddled state has calmed and she can now text again, and has been doing.   Things are looking up again.   Fingers and toes crossed I can get her back to her beloved sewing machine, where she’s been making masks for everyone in the apartment block!   

Great news x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cait said:

Such good news Cait - hopefully onwards and upwards now x

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cait said:

Pleased to report that she is hopefully returning home today.  

excellent news Cait.

I too have been making masks today!     My eldest granddaughter now 9 had a sewing machine for her birthday a few weeks ago.  I've been expecting 2 things a)   My machine isn't working what can I do and will you fix it?   and b)   What shall we make together.

Both coincided today.   Her mum and dad have no idea about the sewing machine and if I'm being sexist I would say my DIL has no interest in sewing or indeed the machine.     I did manage to sort out the machine - it's a cute little thing I must say, but not particularly robust.   It was just the tension really causing all the problems and while GD said she had not touched any dials the younger GD said she hadn't - but we aren't quite sure about that🤩  (she's obviously been told to keep her mitts off of it in no uncertain terms)😨

We got half way through a mask but ran out of cotton - my spools would not fit her tiny machine.  They are both back for a sleepover later in the week - we'll sort it then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1