Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

20 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

oh dear which ones are you looking for?

I had to order a 16kg bag of flour so that i could get some!!! don't worry i'll share it out:D either that or the freezer is going to be VERY full!

A mid-range  kenwood- that was what the last one was and it's been good. I am open to recommendations though. I did almost think a kitchenmaid- but I'd want to have a  good play around in a shop before spending that amount.

I make about 3 cakes every 2 weeks - 16kg of flour would last me a looooooooonnnnnggggg time!xD

38 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

said to my sister this week that ive turned in to my mum as i start the day with "now ...what are we having for dinner tonight?!"

I identify with this fm :) think it might be something to do with comfort in these strange times

Similarly Mr S asked whether to light the log burner this evening - honestly not needed - but "yes, go on" 

Dinner was delicious even if I say so myself! No veggies left for bubble and squeak but just enough chicken left for sandwiches tomorrow lunchtime :)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, louby loo said:

A mid-range  kenwood- that was what the last one was and it's been good. I am open to recommendations though. I did almost think a kitchenmaid- but I'd want to have a  good play around in a shop before spending that amount.

I make about 3 cakes every 2 weeks - 16kg of flour would last me a looooooooonnnnnggggg time!xD

there are a couple available on the kenwood site on special offer

It feels wrong - I made some casseroles for middle son and partner when he was trying to work and look after partner and newborn -   he had no more room in his freezer a couple of weeks ago - we are now eating them!!!!  Chicken and chorizo stew this evening

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Panders said:

It feels wrong - I made some casseroles for middle son and partner when he was trying to work and look after partner and newborn -   he had no more room in his freezer a couple of weeks ago - we are now eating them!!!!  Chicken and chorizo stew this evening

Sounds lovely!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Panders said:

Sound like me :o!  

My daughter rented her flat out... the person wanted it unfurnished- so obviously a lot of it come here temporarily, whilst her and her partner moved to a new house. Said stuff in now stacked in my conservatory and I keep having the odd rummage through and taking stuff xDxD   I did say my husband when we first had news of the lockdown that will should very quickly fill the car with all the boxes and dump them on their doorstep!  

1 minute ago, finleysmaid said:

john lewis online??? seem to have a couple!

They didn't have the one I wanted yesterday - off to check again now.

I did find one that I needed to go about 15 miles to collect - but I told my husband that that felt wrong.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, louby loo said:

They didn't have the one I wanted yesterday - off to check again now.

I did find one that I needed to go about 15 miles to collect - but I told my husband that that felt wrong.

Ah try Nisbets (they are usually commercial) but will deliver domestically . 

2 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Arghhhh that was the place where they cost £50 more!- and they only price match on 'available stock" >:(

im not doing well here am i ?!!xD

they have an easter offer on...11%off seemed to be quite reasonable need to use their easter code

Edited by finleysmaid

2 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

im not doing well here am i ?!!xD

they have an easter offer on...11%off seemed to be quite reasonable need to use their easter code

The one I want is on backorder xD........... but you sent me down a rabbit hole and I almost conserved buying an ice- cream maker!xDxDxD

I've never heard of the place- but I could spend a few hours looking at stuff .

I do appreciate your help though :) x

My own fault really, the old one had a bit of a blip a month or so ago- but my husband had a play around and fixed it. I kept meaning to look for a new one then.

• Haha 1

Just to say that I’m feeling very proud of myself. Have just figured out how to get YouTube on my TV which means I can comfortably watch some of the amazing ballets, plays and musicals being streamed at the moment! Anyone want to join me for Jane Eyre on Thursday?

Just now, Froglet said:

Just to say that I’m feeling very proud of myself. Have just figured out how to get YouTube on my TV which means I can comfortably watch some of the amazing ballets, plays and musicals being streamed at the moment! Anyone want to join me for Jane Eyre on Thursday?

we watched James cordon in two guvnors the other day...very funny. (not very highbrow!)

Two of my parents have now put my story readings on the tv ..so i am offically a TV star!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I must admit that we too are kind of planning life around meals!  It’s actually one of the positive things to come out of this awful time, we are all home every night to eat together. We sat down at tea time tonight to plan this weeks menu as we are having to brave the supermarket tomorrow🙁 We we’re lucky tonight as my sons friend is a commercial fisherman and dropped some cod in for us. It was very nice!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Do you know who's playing Jane?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

we watched James cordon in two guvnors the other day...very funny. (not very highbrow!)

Two of my parents have now put my story readings on the tv ..so i am offically a TV star!

Congratulations!!  Two guvnors is my plan for tomorrow!  I watched Joseph on Friday.  Jesus Christ Superstar this weekend...

I am just planning my menu for the next week.  I always do a week at a time anyway but at the moment I'm trying to do a combination of eating out of the freezer but also keeping it stocked with a couple of week's worth of meals to minimise my supermarket trips as much as possible.

17 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I must admit that we too are kind of planning life around meals!  It’s actually one of the positive things to come out of this awful time, we are all home every night to eat together. We sat down at tea time tonight to plan this weeks menu as we are having to brave the supermarket tomorrow🙁 We we’re lucky tonight as my sons friend is a commercial fisherman and dropped some cod in for us. It was very nice!

I was reading earlier how hard it was on the fishermen, seems all markets to Europe are closed off and many are trying to sell on line here and delivering when they can.  Could be a chance for them to "grab" the attention of the public for the future, rather than all the good stuff going to Spain etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

Me too Froglet so I could watch the ALW musicals, saw Joseph with Lee Mead a few years ago, I’d forgotten how weird it really was...Donny was pretty fit though :-D 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Froglet said:

Oh - Mr S has done that accidentally a few times! xD

• Haha 1

Did a Jane Eyre for O Level English Lit, back in 1976!   It's my 'go to' book - the school copy we were allowed to keep!  I find that most films miss out important bits so I end up getting cross with the TV.  Might give this one a go though!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cait said:

Did a Jane Eyre for O Level English Lit, back in 1976!   It's my 'go to' book - the school copy we were allowed to keep!  I find that most films miss out important bits so I end up getting cross with the TV.  Might give this one a go though!  

I confess to only reading it for the first time 3 years ago, took me a couple of days to get into the language and then I fell in love with it and spent a whole, glorious summer holiday day devouring it!

• Like 1