Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Finished my book - I have been reading the Stillhouse series by Rachel Caine - have read first two and downloaded the third - really good but I think that I have had enough of blood, guts and gore for now so I'm looking for something much lighter - recommendations appreciated :)

How much lighter? And what sort of genre do you like? 

I'm going to try and post this, but am having some odd stuff happening - so if it's a bit weird when it appears on the forum that's why:D

I am currently enjoying listening to the last part of the Thomas Cromwell story by Hilary Mantel on Radio 4

• Like 2

Just now, sunnyday said:

I'm thinking much lighter, I will read anything really...….

Ok, so if you want utterly predictable but restful ‘rom com’ type things I’d suggest Katie affords or Trisha Ashley or Heidi Swain.

A bit of cosy crime - Carola Dunn’s Daisy Dalrymple series or Patricia Wentworth’s Miss Silver books. The latter were written in the era of Agatha Christie.

Gervase Phinn’s Little village school series.

Terry Pratchett if you don’t mind humourous fantasy.

MC Beaton’s Agatha Raisin books.

Any of those any good?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

the corner chop at cockleberry bay has won lots of awards (its on kindle too ) i havent read it but thought i might have a go at it....can't remember the last time i read a non work book

'corner chop?'  

• Haha 1

Great embarrassment here this morning

Opened the door to find that Mr S has received an 'emergency food package' - this because he is in the highest risk group (one of the 1.5 million) and I had registered his details on the Government website.....

We do not need this level of support - have taken out the fresh fruit and potatoes - will donate the remainder to the local foodbank as soon as this is over (adding some extra bits to make up for the fruit and pots)

Have re-registered on Gov site to say that we do not need this in the future

Great to see that their schemes work - but as I said feeling very guilty and embarrassed…..

• Like 1

Don't feel guilty and embarrassed!  It's great that the system is working so well!   Fab idea to pass it on though, so someone can get use of it.  

Edited by Cait
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, zigzag said:

I have only braved reading a story so far on Tapestry and that was nerve wracking enough!  I am ALWAYS behind the camera and NEVER in front of it😬

one of my lovely staff did a game for the children today....she must have videoed (SP??) it several times ...you can hear how nervous she is......but the children have loved it! Once you've done it once it doesn't seem SO bad

• Like 2

We have loads of activity ideas ready to publish on Tapestry. I have asked for parents to let us know how they get on with these if they do them.  I have also asked them to also just add photos and let us know what the children have been up to, just as a way of keeping connected.  Some parents have done this and it’s lovely. I am also writing a message to the children on these obs and hope the parents read it back to them.  Is anyone using the memo feature on Tapestry to add activity ideas? I have been adding activity’s as a normal observation but am thinking at the end of the year when it comes to downloading LJs it will make it too large.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

one of my lovely staff did a game for the children today....she must have videoed (SP??) it several times ...you can hear how nervous she is......but the children have loved it! Once you've done it once it doesn't seem SO bad

I second that. I’ve videoed myself giving a greeting and then read a story ( no visual of me - just my voice and the pictures). Children loved it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Froglet said:

Is anyone using the memo feature on Tapestry to add activity ideas? I have been adding activity’s as a normal observation but am thinking at the end of the year when it comes to downloading LJs it will make it too large.

Haven’t used the memo option yet, we’ve always had a ‘child’ called news and events added to all parents and quickly set up 2 more chn called 2020 or 2021 adding the relevant one to each parent so we could send different activities to try out dependent on cohorts, stories and rhyme videos go to both :-) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Haven’t used the memo option yet, we’ve always had a ‘child’ called news and events added to all parents and quickly set up 2 more chn called 2020 or 2021 adding the relevant one to each parent so we could send different activities to try out dependent on cohorts, stories and rhyme videos go to both :-) 

I am a wee bit confused - I honest don’t remember asking about the memo feature!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

I am a wee bit confused - I honest don’t remember asking about the memo feature!

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Well I’m definitely confused now too Froglet, it def says Froglet 23hrs ago 🤔

Maybe someone in FSF-HQ  did an April Fool O.o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/04/2020 at 17:33, Froglet said:

Is anyone using the memo feature on Tapestry to add activity ideas? I have been adding activity’s as a normal observation but am thinking at the end of the year when it comes to downloading LJs it will make it too large.

Look zigzag and froglet ...it’s done it again and I def quoted it from zigzags post 🤔

• Confused 1

On 31/03/2020 at 17:07, zigzag said:

We have loads of activity ideas ready to publish on Tapestry. I have asked for parents to let us know how they get on with these if they do them.  I have also asked them to also just add photos and let us know what the children have been up to, just as a way of keeping connected.  Some parents have done this and it’s lovely. I am also writing a message to the children on these obs and hope the parents read it back to them.  Is anyone using the memo feature on Tapestry to add activity ideas? I have been adding activity’s as a normal observation but am thinking at the end of the year when it comes to downloading LJs it will make it too large.

If I quote the whole post instead of just the section it says zigzag?

• Haha 1

So it's Friday again - some/most of us have been home/locked up for two whole weeks......

Have just been able to speak to one of lovely daughter-in-laws through a closed window - she came to collect some shopping that I had been able to order for her and other daughter-in-law - was lovely to see her ad great to feel that I had been able to do something useful

• Like 1