Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

What a night :o further storms at 1am and 3am - but so much more comfortable today - phew

Actually, clouds are gathering again  so wonder if we have some more rain to come

Loads of admin completed this morning - feeling quite virtuous :D

Happy weekend to all :)

• Like 1

On 25/07/2019 at 09:59, finleysmaid said:

they'r often referred to as Guernsey lillies in the channel islands because they flower so easily!... can't grow them for toffee in my garden though:(

currently 31 degrees here!!!!!:bananas: need some solar balaclavas with built in fan!

Ah, sorry to pedantic.  Yes they do grow easily in Guernsey, but the Guernsey Lilies are nerines.  They are similar, but pink.  Equally as lovely.  I have both in my garden, my sister lived in Guernsey for eleven years, and I brought both types home in my suitcase! 

20 hours ago, Cait said:

Ah, sorry to pedantic.  Yes they do grow easily in Guernsey, but the Guernsey Lilies are nerines.  They are similar, but pink.  Equally as lovely.  I have both in my garden, my sister lived in Guernsey for eleven years, and I brought both types home in my suitcase! 

normally the pink ones are referred to as jersey lillies on the island! well at least that's what i was always told ....either way i still can't get the blinking things to grow:DxD

I'm pretty sure it really is Friday; I'm already in that slightly weird but lovely state of not being entirely sure what day of the week it is.  So far this holiday I've spent three days in school moving classrooms, two days being ill on the sofa - just a high temperature and lots of sneezing but I think it was my body's way of forcing me to stop.  I have properly cleaned most of my house although I have avoided the dining room and spare room as they are too scary.  I've been lazy and I've read a ridiculous number of books and eaten a ridiculous amount of chocolate!

I really must get outside today - I'm getting headachey but I also need some exercise.  Today I mostly want to make a plan for achieving the TDL and doing fun stuff this holiday.  My mum is dog-sitting for my sister while they're in Greece and I get the feeling she wants some company so I might head over there.  I also have a frog to start crocheting!

51 minutes ago, Froglet said:

have a frog to start crocheting!

As you do :D

Feel  better soon young Froglet

I don't really want it to be Friday as that means two weeks of the precious holiday have already been and gone......I am really enjoying the break, have spent quite a lot of time with two youngest grandchildren, have my 'holiday dog' here until sometime tomorrow (will miss him when he goes home), have tackled some of the TDL (but only as and when I have felt like it), have read lots, have met up with friends......

My biggest achievement so far today - I have renewed my library books online:D

S'pose I should go and get dressed really as it's fast approaching 10 o'clock :oxD

It’s quite alarming how quickly you start to lose track of days and scary that it is now two weeks into the holiday!  I have been sanding and painting walls at school this week (when it’s not sunny) They are in a truly awful state and our landlords (the school) show no interest in decorating so I thought I would have a bash at trying to make it look presentable.  The only thing is, it’s an old Victorian school building and it needs so much money spent on it and when you start a job it’s like opening a can of worms!😱. I did have one very scary moment when not just pain came off but plaster as well!  Popped in and did a second coat whilst dog walking this morning and when the sunn disappears will go and try and create a beautiful room!  We are inspired by some aspects of the curiosity approach and am trying to make a cosy home corner/ living room type area with things that have been donated or charity shop sourced.  I am going for a very different look and feel this time. Watch this space... Happy Friday everyone.

• Like 3

zigzag that all sounds brilliant, you certainly have been busy.....

I have just harvested the first of my runner beans - it looks like we should get a good crop this year :)

btw if anyone good use a cucumber or three you know where to come!

Edited by sunnyday
clearly could not good - doh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

zigzag that all sounds brilliant, you certainly have been busy.....

I have just harvested the first of my runner beans - it looks like we should get a good crop this year :)

btw if anyone good use a cucumber or three you know where to come!

I love cucumbers!  My late dad always used to grow them for me.  Was over your side of the bridge yesterday xD

• Like 1

Just now, zigzag said:

I have a frog phobia, but love this!

He's lovely isn't he?  You should see the dog patterns this woman does!  I tell stories about a very particular frog and this one is going to help me illustrate them!

Just now, zigzag said:

Can you deliver a cucumber to Cornwall for me please Sunnyday. I am having salad tonight and just realised all the cucumber is gone!

Good plan - I don't seem to have any actual real veggies in my house other than cherry tomatoes - and frozen broccoli!

Looking good Zigzag - so silly but I love the coloured paper chains - we used to have the same dresser etc :(  (huge sigh)   What a lovely inviting space you have made, almost want to take it all up again - but that just isn't going to happen.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Panders said:

Looking good Zigzag - so silly but I love the coloured paper chains - we used to have the same dresser etc :(  (huge sigh)   What a lovely inviting space you have made, almost want to take it all up again - but that just isn't going to happen.

I really want to get away from the coloured furniture but sadly money will not allow that, just have to wait until something suitable comes up on marketplace. I made these paper chains about six years ago, so they are doing really well.  I did notice yesterday that there is a lot of dust on them that needs dealing with!  Keep thinking maybe it’s time to take them down but I really love them.

Looks good zigzag, I’d also love to loose our coloured furniture, tables/chairs mainly but they don’t give up so can’t justify changing them for the sake of change, I did swap all the coloured drawer trays from colour to the transparent/opaque ones which toned it down a lot, if your up to painting the ‘chalk’ paints they require no prep are really good on coloured wooden things like the kitchen units :-)