Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

There are ten reports left to write which I must do tonight as the deadline is Wednesday and I have a governors meeting to chair tomorrow.  I need to prep for that meeting and also get my end of year assessment data entered for Wednesday...

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Froglet said:

There are ten reports left to write which I must do tonight as the deadline is Wednesday and I have a governors meeting to chair tomorrow.  I need to prep for that meeting and also get my end of year assessment data entered for Wednesday...

Hope you got it all done xxx

I think I have a case of 'endoftermitis'

One of my mums - looking at the sunscreen that I supply for those who have forgotten:

Mum: will you be going out today?

Me: er yes we go out every day

Mum: will it be sunny?

Me: do I look like Carol Kirkwood

All said with a smile - think I got away with it :ph34r:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, louby loo said:

Hope you got it all done xxx

Not quite - 6 but I managed to get the last 4 done after school before governors. Have just eaten some tea and am about to start my end of year data submission.

• Like 1

Bit late on parade tonight - have been watching the tennis!

Just one more week to go - just as well as I am pretty much on my knees......

Busy day in prospect tomorrow - training in the morning and our two youngest grandchildren will be here for the afternoon

Sunday will be catch up with housework and then settle down for the men's final

Have a good one whatever you have planned :)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Panders said:

Thought that was where you were - me too, absolutely thrilling with all the deuce points and advantage points.   I am a Roger fan, so I was so pleased.

Ah I'm a Rafa fan, however Roger deserved the win

14 hours ago, Cait said:

Can I come too? I love admin! 

Absolutely!  Although to be fair I love a bit of admin too.  I also like cleaning the house and making stuff and pretty much everything on my list at the moment - I just don't have time at the moment!  What I am not loving is the knowledge that I'm moving classrooms this year!

It has been a good week overall this week.  I told my children first thing yesterday morning that we were going to play sleeping lions all day, then sat back in my chair and closed my eyes.  It was hilarious - I could hear them all 'hiding' from me plus the sensible girl in my class (who I would happily leave in charge) saying "She'll see you're not there when she opens her eyes" and then the slightly less sensible girl calling across the room saying 'She won't see me here!'  At that point I had to open my eyes to point out that just because I couldn't see them didn't mean I couldn't hear them!!

I think I am going to take today 'off'  Given that I woke up about half 6, got up at 7 and needed a nap again about half 8 it doesn't bode well for a productive day work wise.  I think I'm going to try to tidy and restore a little order at home and do some governor jobs.  Not a huge tennis fan but it will probably be on in the background.

• Like 3

Well I have to say ...

I'm done!    Phew.. actually saying that we've actually had a really nice year with some (most) pretty easy going this year.

We had our leavers concert/party on Thursday and right up until last minute we were predicted rain and thunder. We booked a last minute entertainer as usually we just spend a day in the woods with picnic.  Can't remember the last time we had an entertainer in!

Anyway the weather turned out good so after the entertainer we had a picnic in the park. "Percy' the park-keeper (AKA Jim  the Head Groundsman) was in particularly fine feckle-  and let up set up tresses tables and benches under the (decorated by us) trees. I kid you not the whole thing was Pinterest Worthy :D  - it was something like a magazine shoot.  :)

We were actually only funded for 37 weeks this year, but I am going to spend next week on paperwork/ sorting resources etc with a couple of staff, and then hoping to have the complete summer off this year. xD

Hope everyone has a good last week,  and those that are full time are about to have a bit of a quieter spell during the summer (although I guess many of those now have summer clubs for much needed financial back-up:()

• Like 4

Well I spent the morning weeding and sweeping the playground this morning.  I have vowed to myself that we really must keep on top of it to make it less of an onerous task!  (Got the blisters to prove it)

We have sports day on Monday, the annual visit from not one but two LA support assistants on Wednesday and then we finish on Friday.  I am not sorry, I need a break mentally and really hoping to be able to switch off completely for at least a couple of weeks before the TDL will have to kick in! I plan to relax, get the work done then relax again!

We have an area too zigzag that is rarely used and it looks really unkempt and like you I vow to stay on top of it, it doesn’t happen and then it takes me hours and I get quite stressy about why should I be the only one having to stay on top of it gggrrr.

As for LA I don’t remember the last time we saw one.

Sports day Friday (looks like rain ☔️), then done, apart from the usual TDL until Wed Sept 4th, planning ahead it looks like we need to take 3 weeks off at Easter or 2 weeks at half term or not go back until quite late Jan ...has anyone else found this? 

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

planning ahead it looks like we need to take 3 weeks off at Easter or 2 weeks at half term or not go back until quite late Jan ...has anyone else found this? 

Our LA hasn't given us the dates for returning after Easter yet >:(  I'm going to complain on Monday- its number one on my TLD, not sure how they expect us to run a business.  Number 2 on list is to offer the LA all the funding forms for them to store as my GDPA policy states I do not keep data beyond is 'needed' date xDxD

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

yes we're late back January . Don't break up till Friday this week but yippee nearly there

That will practically give us a month off, our funding dates are 6th Jan to 27th March but this is the term dates, maybe it’s because the 1st April just scrapes into the end of spring term again and we will be paid the extra week with Summer funding again....would be really helpful if they told us that though instead if having to ask!

274245D1-B9E5-457B-A015-47AB7F39F195.jpeg

Edited by Mouseketeer

12 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

That will practically give us a month off, our funding dates are 6th Jan to 27th March but this is the term dates, maybe it’s because the 1st April just scrapes into the end of spring term again and we will be paid the extra week with Summer funding again....would be really helpful if they told us that though instead if having to ask!

274245D1-B9E5-457B-A015-47AB7F39F195.jpeg

if you planning the hols don't forget the May one shifting to Friday next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

No one else can have one though as zigzags got both of them 😝 

I really would be very happy to share! Could do without it at this stage in the year, be far happier if they came in September!  Anyway, fingers crossed it looks like we may hVe escaped the big O with this cohort and for that I am grateful! (Probably jinxed myself now and will turn up on Wednesday as well)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I really would be very happy to share! Could do without it at this stage in the year, be far happier if they came in September!  Anyway, fingers crossed it looks like we may hVe escaped the big O with this cohort and for that I am grateful! (Probably jinxed myself now and will turn up on Wednesday as well)

I thought it was a bit tough coming in the last week...who needs it? We were ofsteded just into the start of the last cycle so guess we could be up anywhen between Sept’19 and End of Summer’23 😂 

3 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I know you could come up at the start of one cycle and the end of the next in theory but you will have missed a whole cycle if they don’t come this week :o

Shhhhh, think we really may have jinxed it now!  God that really would finish me off this week if they came😮

7 hours ago, zigzag said:

Shhhhh, think we really may have jinxed it now!  God that really would finish me off this week if they came😮

You’d nail it and a great feeling to go into the summer hols, I’d much prefer this end of the year (though maybe not THE last week) to show where the chn have come, their confidence and how independent they are (mostly) than a new school year, we have 20 nicely rounded 4yr olds shipping out and 16 not so nicely rounded 2yr olds coming aboard O.o

Edited by Mouseketeer

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

You’d nail it and a great feeling to go into the summer hols, I’d much prefer this end of the year (though maybe not THE last week) to show where the chn have come, their confidence and how independent they are (mostly) than a new school year, we have 20 nicely rounded 4yr olds shipping out and 16 not so nicely rounded 2yr olds coming aboard O.o

we've been so low on numbers this year I only have 12 leavers! unheard of for us and im only sending to two schools (well 4 if you count school nurseries) …..it's been a VERY strange year lets hope we don't have this again next year for the first time ever we made a loss>:(

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, zigzag said:

Well I spent the morning weeding and sweeping the playground this morning.  I have vowed to myself that we really must keep on top of it to make it less of an onerous task!  (Got the blisters to prove it)

We have sports day on Monday, the annual visit from not one but two LA support assistants on Wednesday and then we finish on Friday.  I am not sorry, I need a break mentally and really hoping to be able to switch off completely for at least a couple of weeks before the TDL will have to kick in! I plan to relax, get the work done then relax again!

Sounds like a good plan zigzag :)

I have written my summer TDL - it's not pretty :( - I think I will try to get on with it all first week of hols and then take a complete break and then deal with the rest of it + cleaning etc towards the end of the summer break - well that's the plan at the moment, could all change xD

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

We have an area too zigzag that is rarely used and it looks really unkempt and like you I vow to stay on top of it, it doesn’t happen and then it takes me hours and I get quite stressy about why should I be the only one having to stay on top of it gggrrr.

As for LA I don’t remember the last time we saw one.

Sports day Friday (looks like rain ☔️), then done, apart from the usual TDL until Wed Sept 4th, planning ahead it looks like we need to take 3 weeks off at Easter or 2 weeks at half term or not go back until quite late Jan ...has anyone else found this? 

No rain on Friday please - we will be having our end of term picnic......

We are returning Monday 6th January - are you later than this - have I done something daft?:ph34r: