Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Well I know it is not Friday but I am packing up now!  This week I have done a fair bit to the garden better known as the outdoor play area.  Cutting the lawn took me two half days.

I am going to be away in July so have written a guide to being me for my team!

I have prepared the contracts to go out to parents for children starting in September and am shattered!

I am going to spend tomorrow with my 3 year old grandaughter and I can't think of what to do!

• Like 2

I'm a bit 'oh no it can't possibly be Friday already'...…..

Needless to say I haven't completed my TDL - not worrying about it and not doing anymore now - my weekend starts here! :D

Will be out all day tomorrow and intend to spend Sunday in the garden

Have a good weekend y'all

• Like 3

Youngest home for the weekend, have the distinct feeling he could be moving back home, plenty of hints, but the commute to work from here is not the best.  Be lovely to have him home again though.   Second in line is in New York, he's gone to watch Joshua's fight!   Eldest did a flying visit to see the Giant's Causeway yesterday because his eldest daughter is doing "volcanoes" and they got an excellent deal on Easyjet to Belfast - they got back at about midnight last night - don't know where he get's his over achieving spirit from:D

My TDL consists of taking my eyedrops - had the first of two cataract ops last week, only another 2 and half weeks of drops to go! then other eye to be done.  AMAZING to see properly again!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Panders said:

Youngest home for the weekend, have the distinct feeling he could be moving back home, plenty of hints, but the commute to work from here is not the best.  Be lovely to have him home again though.   Second in line is in New York, he's gone to watch Joshua's fight!   Eldest did a flying visit to see the Giant's Causeway yesterday because his eldest daughter is doing "volcanoes" and they got an excellent deal on Easyjet to Belfast - they got back at about midnight last night - don't know where he get's his over achieving spirit from:D

My TDL consists of taking my eyedrops - had the first of two cataract ops last week, only another 2 and half weeks of drops to go! then other eye to be done.  AMAZING to see properly again!

Oh my little black and white furry friend - you're young to be having cataract ops - glad all went well though xxx

Panders - take care of yourself, keep remembering those drops and how exciting to be able to see clearly again - brilliant news!

I love contemplating a school free weekend.  I'm just about still in pjs but once I've got dressed I'm going to venture to the garden centre to get some goodies to plant up some pots - I am a rubbish gardener so need all the good luck you can send; I'm always envious when I hear about the horticultural endeavours of everyone on here.  I've just finished a re-read of a favourite book of mine (Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn).  I also have a lovely new recipe book to indulge in - am hoping to eat more fruit and vegetables regularly which is also the perfect excuse to make a carrot cake later...Other than that just normal cleaning and tidying and food shopping although I will aim for a somewhat more thorough cleaning than usual as it won't happen again until the end of July!

Enjoy today's sunshine everyone!

So here we are again!

All been a bit manic this week

Looking forward to a busy, but hopefully, fun filled weekend - out for dinner tonight, looking after youngest two grandchildren tomorrow for a few hours and then youngest granddaughters birthday on Sunday :)

Hope the weekend is kind to all

P.S. what the heck is going on with the weather - it is June isn't it?:/

• Like 1

Manic week for us too. I've only actually worked two days (well we did have an inset paperwork day but not counting that xD)

We have a group of 3/4 boys that really are ready for school. Cheeky challenging behaviour- think we're going to have to  think outside the box for this little posse for the next fee weeks!

• Like 1

What a week, school transition session started and brought with it the usual excitement and attitude!  A general lack of high level engagement in everyday play and a lack of care with toys, not sure why, still trying to figure that one out!  Had to ring referral unit today for advice about a family that have only been with us since the week before half term and have now done a flit.  This follows a pattern from his three, yes three, previous Pre-schools.  They just get an IEP in place and SENCO and SALT on board and they go.  Just feel sick about it, he is so delayed and meant to be going to school in September.  The referral unit, although the family are known to them, say that he does not meet child protection or child in need thresholds, but he is so vulnerable if they continue as they are.  I know I have done as much as I can, but I can’t get it out of my head.

As for the weekend, my gorgeous boy turns twenty! Just where did the time go😮 So celebrations for that and Father’s Day and hopefully not too much work and some sleep 😴 

4 minutes ago, zigzag said:

What a week, school transition session started and brought with it the usual excitement and attitude!  A general lack of high level engagement in everyday play and a lack of care with toys, not sure why, still trying to figure that one out!  Had to ring referral unit today for advice about a family that have only been with us since the week before half term and have now done a flit.  This follows a pattern from his three, yes three, previous Pre-schools.  They just get an IEP in place and SENCO and SALT on board and they go.  Just feel sick about it, he is so delayed and meant to be going to school in September.  The referral unit, although the family are known to them, say that he does not meet child protection or child in need thresholds, but he is so vulnerable if they continue as they are.  I know I have done as much as I can, but I can’t get it out of my head.

As for the weekend, my gorgeous boy turns twenty! Just where did the time go😮 So celebrations for that and Father’s Day and hopefully not too much work and some sleep 😴 

Poor little chap :(

22 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Health visitor any use? or family known to the police???

• Like 1

They have moved around so much that I doubt he has a HV.  All the agencies are having a hard job keeping track of them as they keep moving to different localities.  I just feel desperately sorry for him but unless they return next week, there really is nothing more that I can do.😢

Oh my actual goodness - is it really Friday already?:D

Don't want to tempt fate here so will just whisper very quietly 'we have had a much better week'

Busy, busy, busy weekend coming up - none of it related to pre-school which is a good thing!:)

Hope everyone has a good weekend 

• Like 4

Oh my actual goodness it really is Friday again (well Saturday now)!  I went to the theatre to see The Mousetrap last night which I really enjoyed. 

This week has been ridiculously busy but not upsetting which was lovely.  I have got some eczema like signs on my wrist, hands and feet which is driving me mad although I'm desperately trying to ignore it!  Never had it before so am slathering myself in E45!  My phone died on Monday so I need to try and sort it out today (although I haven't missed it as much as I expected to).

I'm treating myself to nice lunch today - homemade cheese scones and smoked salmon.  

Other than that my TDL for the weekend includes lots of report writing, school work and some cleaning and tidying at home to get ready for new windows and doors being installed next week.  Three of them are replacing old sash windows so I'm hoping it goes smoothly!

• Like 1

Well....... I've had a fantastic week! :D:D:D:D

I can officially say that at long last I am going to be a GRANDMOTHER :D:D

Due Boxing Day. 

Back to work issues- I'm actually off non-weds this week (taking my daughter for a treat/break)  then only a couple more weeks left after that :o

x

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Due Boxing Day. 

Back to work issues- I'm actually off non-weds this week (taking my daughter for a treat/break)  then only a couple more weeks left after that :o

x

Whoop! Whoop! Many congratulations - you will love being a granny it is the best thing ever :)

• Like 1

It’s that time of year when the school transition sessions are starting and as soon as they start the children start getting cocky! We are boy heavy at the moment which makes it harder I think and struggling with a couple who get no discipline at home, who then have to conform to our rules and have done but are now starting to push boundaries! May be a long four weeks until we break up!

I am off to Kent on Monday as my big brother is turning 60 so we are doing a flying visit for just two days to celebrate with him.  Hope to be feeling better by then as am currently suffering with a cold sore which has made my face, glands and tonsils swell up and causing extreme pain😢 So I am actually not in work until next Friday 😀

• Sad 1

Oh no zig-zag!  I hate how they make me feel too!  Luckily I don't seem to have had so many since my coeliac diagnosis!  No mouth ulcers either!  There had to be an up-side to being coeliac! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, louby loo said:

Due Boxing Day. 

x

Me too LoubyLoo - second in line to the throne and his partner are due originally they said on the eve of the celebration beginning with C, but now they are saying more likely 28th December - so basically anytime around the middle of December onwards.   Very pleased for them both, they were born to be parents.     Get to have granny cuddles again lovely:)     Have a lovely break.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Panders said:

Me to LoubyLoo - second in line to the throne and his partner are due originally they said on the eve of the celebration beginning with C, but now they are saying more likely 28th December - so basically anytime around the middle of December onwards.   Very pleased for them both, they were born to be parents.     Get to have granny cuddles again lovely:)     Have a lovely break.

Oh more great news!

On 24/06/2019 at 09:53, Panders said:

My niece used to live in Chelsfield.    Have a lovely day at Hever, such a great place and area.    

We had a lovely day at Hever, very chilled, lovely picnic and just chatting and enjoying being together. Then had a really lovely meal on the evening at Chipstead.  Now back home in sunny Cornwall.

• Like 2