Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Fab news, welcome home Mr S!  Great week for us, happy returning children and incredibly happy new starters😀.  We were having such a lovely morning this morning that we didn’t realise it was home time until the parents started looking over the wall into the playground😲🤭  None of the children wanted to go home and I would quite happily have opened this afternoon!  Definitely a “I love my job day”😀😀

• Like 4

19 hours ago, zigzag said:

Fab news, welcome home Mr S!  Great week for us, happy returning children and incredibly happy new starters😀.  We were having such a lovely morning this morning that we didn’t realise it was home time until the parents started looking over the wall into the playground😲🤭  None of the children wanted to go home and I would quite happily have opened this afternoon!  Definitely a “I love my job day”😀😀

Ah, how lovely ... we do need those days! There are plenty of the 'other kind'! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Where have you been young Froglet? We called register and missed you....>:(

Sorry Miss!  First week back at school and it has been scarily busy - if is a foretaste of the summer term I'm going to be wiped out by the time we get to May!  My niece's 6th birthday party yesterday - very sweet and cool - lots of dancing (from the children - I mostly cleared tables and made tea for grown ups!)

• Like 1

Whoa where did the week go 

Has been a good one for me on all fronts - excellent week at preschool very busy and productive - and Mr S is doing so well (touch wood) his procedure seems to have been very successful :)

Have a lovely weekend all 

• Like 2

Quite a good week.  One new little boy started, he is Polish, but speaks English fairly well.  Such a sweetie.   Youngest son comes home from France after 5 months tomorrow - good to have my baby back home!  Well done Mr.S, onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

'ere we go again - it's Friday!

Funny old week here - Monday was a disaster thanks to the abysmal weather and a leaky building:(

Tuesday not too bad at all apart from my noisy, noisy boys - think they all got their 4 year old testosterone boost on the same day!

Wednesday is my day off - weather was dire again and I felt that I just wasted that day......

Thursday - super day - we took our children round to visit the primary school, we were, as always made to feel very welcome and this has provided a positive first impression of school for my leavers

Today - the noisy boys were at it again!

Really looking forward to the long weekend - weather is supposed to be warm/hot - can't wait:) hope to get some gardening done and other than that pretty much just chill:)

Hope the weekend is kind to everyone.....

P.S. Mr S continues to be really well <touching wood> he actually managed to go back to work for 3 days this week, the first work in 5 months (he is self-employed so he can please himself) :) he is currently riding around on his tractor mower so all good :D

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Tuesday not too bad at all apart from my noisy, noisy boys - think they all got their 4 year old testosterone boost on the same day!

Today - the noisy boys were at it again!

Same here with the boys >:(.... I put it down to now they've been allocated the school they feel they are 'grown up and too big for us now' syndrome xDxD

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Same here with the boys >:(.... I put it down to now they've been allocated the school they feel they are 'grown up and too big for us now' syndrome xDxD

You could well be right - I am giving them so much active physical play - I would like to think that might calm them down a bit, but doesn't seem to be working - they all seem to be 'over-excited' - they are lovely, lovely boys but the noise level is getting just a little wearing.......

It's Friday!!! (again)

Really good week here -although the boys are still a little 'noisy' - don't think that will change anytime soon!:D

Hope everyone else has had a decent week

All good wishes for a great weekend:)

P.S. Mr S is doing really well (touching wood) 4 days work this week and so good to hear him making plans!:)

• Like 4

Good week for us.

Last weeks newbie temper cryer - came in Wednesday stated the  loud wail..... I asked her politely to stop- she looked at me and said 'can I come back tomorrow?' then quickly got of my lap and played happily for the next 2hours 55mins of a 3 hour session. Mum did warn us she has a temper and will try anything to get her own way!

Another new starter this week, only two but came in happy to stay. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

well I'm not really sure what's going on here but whatever it is it can blooming well stop. grumpy parents and badly behaved children seem to be the order of the day>:( where's the gin????

Oh no fm - hope things improve soon

In the meantime - bottoms up!

I have had the best Friday EVER! Nothing to do with work though!

Over the years i have /am many people: daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, mum, friend, colleague, neighbour to name a few but GUESS WHAT .......

As of November 2018 please feel free to call me GRANNY -  delighted, ecstatic, over the moon, - none of these come close to explaining how i feel.

When i joined FSF in 2004 my youngest son was off to Uni. So much has happened since and here we are with him and his lovely wife about to become parents. I am sure they will be amazing parents.  I hope i will be an amazing Granny too,

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Gezabel said:

Over the years i have /am many people: daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, mum, friend, colleague, neighbour to name a few but GUESS WHAT .......

As of November 2018 please feel free to call me GRANNY -  delighted, ecstatic, over the moon, - none of these come close to explaining how i feel.

When i joined FSF in 2004 my youngest son was off to Uni. So much has happened since and here we are with him and his lovely wife about to become parents. I am sure they will be amazing parents.  I hope i will be an amazing Granny too,

Whoop! Whoop! Fantastic news - I can recommend the whole granny business it is wonderful! Congrats to all :)

• Like 1

It is a pure sense of joy.  Our eldest grand child was 7 yesterday - where did that time go?   She is a credit to her mum and dad and we get all the love and cuddles without any of the broken nights and anguish!     

I heard this week that I shall be a Great Aunt again - once in June and again in October - Great Aunt -  makes me feel much older than Nanny or Grandma does

Congratulations Gezabel. it will do you the world of good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gezabel said:

Officially jealous ....>:(xD.       

I have a 'grandchild' at work though- she actually calls me nanny when she comes in runs and gives me a bit hug.  Mum has told me she will be expecting free babysitting and family holidays though....

• Like 1

Is it Friday yet.......surely it must be......I couldn't be this tired on a Thursday.......could I? :ph34r:

Have spent too much time today attempting to sort out my term dates for Sept '18 - July '19 - it all goes very pear shaped in April as Easter is so late - LA have one calendar for EY and a completely different calendar for Primary school which means that we are not following same pattern of closure for Easter holiday - I know that I can come up with my own term dates but can't make it work for funding weeks - have walked away from it now - perhaps it will be much clearer if i go back to it tomorrow (or perhaps not)

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Is it Friday yet.......surely it must be......I couldn't be this tired on a Thursday.......could I? :ph34r:

Oh yes you could! I was pretty wiped out by Tuesday! Then a very intense staff meeting tonight. I could do with going to bed but the TDL has grown too much!