About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 27/10/2023 at 12:14, louby loo said:

Happy weekend every one 😄 x

Back to work for some of us 🙀!

Thanks louby, hope you have a good 2nd half term 🤞

More changes to get our heads around for January, I’ve come to the conclusion that the only reason the need for maths is being dropped (unless new or changing job managers) is so that people won’t be able to work out how underpaid they are 🤪

But I can see it creating an even bigger loss for experienced  managers who don’t already have maths, they’ll either be stuck in a job they’re not happy in or leave full stop as they won’t want to do a maths qualification to move jobs 😔 

On 28/10/2023 at 13:24, Mouseketeer said:

More changes to get our heads around for January, I’ve come to the conclusion that the only reason the need for maths is being dropped (unless new or changing job managers) is so that people won’t be able to work out how underpaid they are 🤪

But I can see it creating an even bigger loss for experienced  managers who don’t already have maths, they’ll either be stuck in a job they’re not happy in or leave full stop as they won’t want to do a maths qualification to move jobs 😔 

You too. 😊

The thing I can't get my head around why maths and not english?  I mean (unless as you say it's the need to work out how much the government are shafting us) your average 0-5 year old doesn't really need above basic math skills!  Far more important  for people to have a good level of basic english?  I guess math is universal subject, and english not so much so! (answered my own question there I think)

Fair enough!  Jane Eyre is my go to read.  Did it for O level and it’s actually the school stamped book that I own as they were chucking them out after our year as they’d not be cycling it round again.  

On 28/10/2023 at 16:07, Cait said:

Fair enough!  Jane Eyre is my go to read.  Did it for O level and it’s actually the school stamped book that I own as they were chucking them out after our year as they’d not be cycling it round again.  

I did Midsummer’s Night Dream 😴 

I don’t think they’ve dropping the requirement for English, though I have staff with A level English that can’t spell or use grammar 🙄

• Confused 1

On 28/10/2023 at 13:24, Mouseketeer said:

I have read the governement's resposne document about thise changes. Are they actually going to publish a revised/updated EYFS does anyone know?! One of the things i saw was about adding 'devices to safeguarding' but no more detail. Pretty sure we will be convered by our current policy on all things techy but it would be nice to know!! Rant over :-) I do wonder why it's so last minute too.

Oh and a little exciting update - we have had everything crossed for my son and daughter in law with the success of their third round of IVF. All going well and 20 week scan coming up - so pleased but still just cautiously optimistic.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/10/2023 at 13:12, Gezabel said:

Oh and a little exciting update - we have had everything crossed for my son and daughter in law with the success of their third round of IVF. All going well and 20 week scan coming up - so pleased but still just cautiously optimistic.

What lovely news. Congratulations and fingers crossed for you all.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 13:12, Gezabel said:

I have read the governement's resposne document about thise changes. Are they actually going to publish a revised/updated EYFS does anyone know?! One of the things i saw was about adding 'devices to safeguarding' but no more detail. Pretty sure we will be convered by our current policy on all things techy but it would be nice to know!! Rant over :-) I do wonder why it's so last minute too.

I hadn’t seen that Gezabel, we also have a Using devices policy/staff agreement so hopefully that would suffice, I would think they’d have to publish a new framework if/when all the proposed changes are signed off 🤷‍♀️

I’m thinking that not enough thought has been given to this managers/maths thing, there will need to be a lot more detail, especially around deputies, I actually think they should have L3 but as they don’t if they were covering the manager would they need the maths or if they were to step up to the managers position in the same setting would they/wouldn’t they need maths?

So pleased to hear thing's are going well, look forward to more of your positive updates 😊 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2023 at 17:18, zigzag said:

Well it was rather rough! But we have escaped unharmed, just a loose fence panel. Lots of trees down in the local area though.  Hope everyone is ok. 

That’s good zigzag, a loose fence panel is a result I’d say, I have just been watching the south west coast clips on the news 😔 our area was more the flooding issues and all the roads being impassable, schools opened but closed at lunch time again so a number of our children left early.

• Like 3

I have been up to London today!

Every fibre of my being was saying "you shouldn't be doing this"

But I felt the fear and did it anyway!

What a brilliant day we had at Olympia 'Spirit of Christmas'

Awful journey home (coach) as Operation Brock was in place on the M20 and the M4 was closed because of an accident...journey up was 2.5 hours and home 4.5

On 02/11/2023 at 17:18, zigzag said:

Well it was rather rough! But we have escaped unharmed, just a loose fence panel. Lots of trees down in the local area though.  Hope everyone is ok. 

On 02/11/2023 at 18:47, Mouseketeer said:

That’s good zigzag, a loose fence panel is a result I’d say, I have just been watching the south west coast clips on the news 😔 our area was more the flooding issues and all the roads being impassable, schools opened but closed at lunch time again so a number of our children left early.

Glad you're both ok xx

• Like 2

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

I'm still here - wasn't sure after my use of the C word yesterday! Mind you, it is November, sure we can say it now...

I so enjoyed my 'grand day out' - it started off being an outing for our little Knit and Natter group but then it grew a bit to include friends and family which enabled us to book a coach - thank goodness we did as the trains weren't running early yesterday. Lots of festive shopping completed - yay! Super company and lovely to be out!!!

So quiet outside today - no wind, no rain and a lovely blue sky - need to make the most of it and spend some time outdoors...

Hope everyone is okay

Wishing you all the best of weekends x

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It sounds like a really lovely day Sunnyday!

we have clear blue skies here too today although it is really cold. I am planning to blitz the rest of the school TDL. I have reduced it to the absolute must do or the world will end list! The this evening I’m out for dinner with a friend. 

This weekend I have nothing special planned - just a weekend of calm before heading back to school next week. 

Have a lovely time everyone, whatever you’re up to!

• Like 3

Only just realised it't Friday 🙀

Now the dark nights are here i actually like to start thinking about C-mas, and I'm glad you had such a nice day yestereday Sunnyday.

I had the granddaughter to stay again last night, and she has decided thursdays are 'sleepover nights' from now on 😂  I had to look after the grandson this morning 😳.... all i can say is he is not as easy going as his sister!  I have renamed him the 'mountain goat' (and I have had to clear a lot of things away😂) I'm worn out!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1