About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 06/10/2023 at 08:28, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Hope everyone is okay?

Have a lovely weekend x

All good down here, enjoying some beautiful weather and making the most of this last lovely weather before winter sets in!  Have been enjoying a little break from a couple of my jobs as people are away and the holiday changeovers have slowed right down. Been grand dog sitting each day this week which is a lot of fun as she is such a love but exhausting!  Hope you are ok Sunnyday, how is your sister getting on?

On 07/10/2023 at 07:58, Froglet said:

Well, if I’m honest it’s been a bit of a week. Nothing dramatic just very longs days and an overwhelming TDL. But it’s the weekend, time to rest and regroup. I have a friend coming for tea tonight - no idea what I’m going to feed her. Suggestions welcome! 

I have a significant birthday coming up very soon - people keep asking what I want to do for it - I have no ideas about that either!

I am reminiscing though - I discovered The House of Eliott on TV and am watching that - does anyone else remember it?

Hope  you’re ok too Sunnyday.

Hope you sorted something for your tea. It’s so tiresome sometimes to think what to cook every night.

I have a significant birthday next year, not looking forward to it!

I used to love The house of Elliott, gosh that brings back memories.

On 07/10/2023 at 17:59, Mouseketeer said:

Well it’s been two weeks of hand holding new committee members here to get the forms/checks done, Thankful to have new members but OMG 🤯 topped off when one of them said ‘I can’t think of anyone to sign the ID check form’, I said “please bring me the ID with the forms and I can do the ID check as the Ofsted registered nominated person” (they had simple guidance telling them this), their reply “oh, I thought it had to be a professional” …..says it all really doesn’t it 🥺

I used to dread getting this done and dread them ticking the wrong boxes, one did it once and ticked they were nominated person, it was a nightmare getting that sorted. I don’t miss it for a second! 

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, enjoy the weather unless you are in Scotland! 

• Like 3

On 07/10/2023 at 20:57, zigzag said:

used to dread getting this done and dread them ticking the wrong boxes, one did it once and ticked they were nominated person, it was a nightmare getting that sorted. I don’t miss it for a second! 

It’s such hard work, I hate doing things it bits and pieces instead of just getting the job done, if they all got the same thing wrong I’d think it was my guide sheet but they just don’t read what’s been given 😞 

I had that happen too zigzag, it took a whole week of Ofsted speaking to HMRC (Ofsted tell HMRC, they update who is on the childcare voucher registration 🤦‍♀️) Ofsted wouldn’t speak to me as I was no longer the NP, Ofsted require notifications for this that and everything else yet can let that happen at the click of a wrong answer without even checking 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  I've had a few days away and the weather has been kind to us 😁

Sunnyday, hope your sister is on the mend.

Froglet, hope you sorting tea... and yes I remember The House of Elliot !!! My daughter used to make us play/reenact it at home 😂

Cait - where biscuits are concerned RA go out the window!

Mouseketeer - hope everything gets sorted this week for you

Zigzag - enjoy the grandog and quiet times for a few weeks. Do you get busy again around Christmas?

• Like 2

Have loved reading all your news my Friday friends!

My poor sister, thanks for asking, it's all a bit of a disaster for her (that could be the understatement of the century) - in a nutshell her operated leg became so infected that she was moved to another hospital (Brighton) where an operation was carried out to open the wound and clean - but the situation was far worse than envisioned - tomorrow she faces another op to remove the knee replacement and then maybe Wednesday another op to insert a rod to 'fuse' her leg - this will leave her with a completely straight leg - horror of horrors the only alternative is amputation...

It is all so unbelievably stressful for her. I have no idea if she will cope with this 'fused leg', she is 77 and full of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Bet you wish you had never asked!

In other and better news - weather is incredible here today - hot, hot, hot - have been busy in my garden find this such a good distraction 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone - fast approaching half-term now!

Update on my sister and thanks for asking/caring - she had an operation on Wednesday - long, long time in theatre they did all procedures in one go - she was not in a good place yesterday - tired, stressed and probably still full of anaesthetic - this morning she is far more positive and upbeat...proud of her for that

Onwards and upwards!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Morning 😊

Half term is indeed very soon!😁

Sunnyday - hopefully this will be a turning point for you sister now.

I've had a 'sort of' stressful week (well three days).  We have 'one of those' parents this year and quite honestly I just can't be bothered with it anymore. It doesnt really bother me a such- it just p***** me off.  It puts such a downer on the day for the staff when she always walks in with the constant moan/digs. I'm really not sure why she sends her child to us five days a week if we have so many issues with us!

Hope everyone else had had a good week with the beautiful weather at the moment, not sure if it's just the south though, I know Scotland had it bad last weekend.

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 13/10/2023 at 11:03, louby loo said:

I've had a 'sort of' stressful week (well three days).  We have 'one of those' parents this year and quite honestly I just can't be bothered with it anymore. It doesnt really bother me a such- it just p***** me off.  It puts such a downer on the day for the staff when she always walks in with the constant moan/digs. I'm really not sure why she sends her child to us five days a week if we have so many issues with us!

I feel your pain louby and as you say why send her child if that's the way she feels 

• Love 1

Louby Lou, I never understood parents like this and found them really frustrating. Some people just need to have something to complain about to keep them going in life! Bet you are looking forward to half term.

Sunnyday let’s hope it’s all plain sailing with your sisters recovery from now on.

The rain has been a bit of a shock! Although this morning it was still so warm and muggy here that I was walking in just a T-shirt. Not loving darker mornings and evenings!   Have a restful weekend all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 13/10/2023 at 17:50, zigzag said:

The rain has been a bit of a shock! Although this morning it was still so warm and muggy here that I was walking in just a T-shirt. Not loving darker mornings and evenings!   Have a restful weekend all.

Not sure about the rain being a shock - today we've woken up (well we were actually up earlier 😂) to bright sunshine - but the need to wear winter jumpers and hats! Friday we had t-shirts on!!!  .... and yes, I've got the heating on!

• Like 1

we seem to be quite lucky with our parents this year bar one....she just will not comply with anything. She had one child booked in for after school club the other day (long story...she knew!) turned up an hour late....i was supposed to have gone home but had to stay to keep ratio correct ....i can tell you i was eff.... furious. ! No apology no nothing then turned up early the next day....i made her wait in the rain !😜🙊

• Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 16:43, finleysmaid said:

we seem to be quite lucky with our parents this year bar one....she just will not comply with anything. She had one child booked in for after school club the other day (long story...she knew!) turned up an hour late....i was supposed to have gone home but had to stay to keep ratio correct ....i can tell you i was eff.... furious. ! No apology no nothing then turned up early the next day....i made her wait in the rain !😜🙊

Don’t know what planet some these parents are on now, I tell myself nothing else they say or do or don’t say or do can shock me …..and then it does 🤦‍♀️

I do that to with the constantly late arrivers 🫢

• Like 1

Morning everyone. Happy half-term if applicable 😊

Re- StormBabet:  Andy is building a 'constuction' in the garden currently covered in tarpulin and has just had to go outside and relise all the trapped water 😂... during the '87 storm he was building a porch it almost blew away! 🙀   He appears to like building things during storms!

Had the granddaughter for a sleepover last night, and I'm currently on a break from playing board games 😂.

• Like 2

Think we got off lightly down here with the storm and the worst was further up the country. My son and his girlfriend have bought a house in the village and yesterday they got the keys. Bless them, they are so excited. But the last two days have been knackering! We have worked non stop to get them moved, luckily it is literally two doors down from their rented cottage so it’s all been walked to the new house. Going to sleep well tonight and look forward to going to work on Monday for a rest!

• Like 4

It is a two week half-term break for me - am really looking forward to it! I'm planning cooking (veg box arrived on Friday so I'm now planning broccoli and stilton soup and a beetroot risotto. I feel like some kind of bread might be on the cards too and definitely an apple pie as I have half a fruit bowl full of apples which are a little past their best.

I have a new book to read - the second in Richard Osman's Thursday murder club books. 

Also I really want to do some autumn decorating at home too.

There might be a teensy bit of a school TDL too...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Lots and lots and lots of rain here - some roads are flooded, the river and canal haven't reached me yet although if I were going to school this week I'd have to go a different route. Stay safe everyone!

• Like 4

On 23/10/2023 at 19:23, zigzag said:

Froglet hope you have a relaxing break and that the school TDL is very small!  I tried the first Richard Osmans book but just couldn’t get into it. My brother and sister in law rave about them.  

Glad it’s not just me 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

On 23/10/2023 at 19:23, zigzag said:

Froglet hope you have a relaxing break and that the school TDL is very small!  I tried the first Richard Osmans book but just couldn’t get into it. My brother and sister in law rave about them.  

The TDL is fairly epic but I have two weeks and only intend working in the mornings of the first one so hopefully lots will get done. I’m up late this morning though so I may not get to it… Most of it is organisational which will stand me in good stead next term though.

I bread the first Richard Osman one and liked it but don’t know that I’d rave about it. I’ve been finding reading hard recently so am hoping for something fairly easy to get me going again.

Edited by Froglet

On 25/10/2023 at 08:06, Froglet said:

I bread the first Richard Osman one and liked it but don’t know that I’d rave about it. I’ve been finding reading hard recently so am hoping for something fairly easy to get me going again.

Interesting - I have completely lost my reading mojo - not sure why...

You deserve a morning off  - enjoy!

I also need to catch up with Bake Off and fully intend to do so later...

Has anyone read 'Lessons in Chemistry'? - I have read some favourable reviews...I am currently sending a book each week (via Amazon) to my poor sister in hospital and I am fast running out of ideas

On 25/10/2023 at 10:53, Froglet said:

Sssh, I took the morning off - am knitting and catching up with Bake Off.

I bet an experienced baker like you would not try and take a very liquid filled pie out of the pie dish with strips of parchment 😆 I felt sorry for him as the filling looked sooo yummy but pastry cracks so easily....it was torturous watching.

Please note I have not used any names so hopefully no spoilers here!

• Haha 1

I have definitely broken a few pastry things in my time but I don’t think I’d have attempted that! Then I’m a bit of a gung ho cook rather than a precision one! I couldn’t do the pretty things they do on Bake Off!

My morning off may be turning into a a day off…

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 25/10/2023 at 08:06, Froglet said:

I wasn’t sure about the first (took a while to get going), already had the 2nd, pleased I read it as was way better than the 1st and thought the 3rd was better again, waiting for the 4th now 📚 

• Like 1