Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 21/04/2023 at 19:31, Froglet said:

Thank you. There’s nothing in particular wrong - just feeling a bit lonesome and tired. I tried calling mum and dad on the way home and it was tricky - they’re getting old and I wish they weren’t. 

I never did get the foot butter although I discovered that I have a pillow spray from the same people.

And yes, a big chunk of the weekend is going to be working.

Is the spray any good?  I’ve noticed that before and wondered - certainly less effort required if it is! 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2023 at 07:42, sunnyday said:

Dear young Froglet I hope that you had a good sleep and that you manage some time to do the things that are just for you - another virtual hug and lots of positive vibes are winging their way to you x

Thank you! I did get quite a bit of sleep. I’m just doing a bit of crochet catchup with my temperature blanket whilst watching a little TV then I’m going to get on with jobs.

On 22/04/2023 at 08:53, Cait said:

Is the spray any good?  I’ve noticed that before and wondered - certainly less effort required if it is! 

I’m not sure. At the moment I’m sleeping very deeply just not for very long which is partly dictated by work and habits. Plus I’ve had very little sense of smell since having covid and I don’t know to what extent that would affect its effectiveness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 21/04/2023 at 19:15, Froglet said:

Feeling quite glad it’s Friday. In bit of a need of a hug. Regretting not being able to stay focused and work last week. All will be well - some sleep will make a world of difference.

(((((xx)))) 💐🍰🍫

Try and find some time to rest as well as work!

• Like 1

You are all so lovely. Thank you! Today, in the end, I have pretty much just ended up pootling and dozing which has probably been good for me although I know I will be feeling bad tomorrow as I remember all the things that I was meant to do but haven't! I don't think I have ever known a school year quite like it. I don't know about others but I know that I find myself so busy during term time and the working week that when it gets to the weekend/holidays I am either wiped out or resentful at the prospect of working even though I know that if I could get just a little ahead with some of the more 'strategic' stuff it could make such a difference. I find it immensely difficult to be accountable to myself.

However, it's just after 8pm and I'm dopey so I'm not going to even attempt to do some work tonight. I will go to bed soon and plan an early start. I just need to find ways to be a little more focused and efficient an organised and as Sunnyday suggested a little while ago possibly consider a cleaner (although I suspect the idea is not me at all!)

Really weird day today. It’s my birthday but would also have been my Dads birthday and it’s the first one without him. It just doesn’t feel right at all. I would happily have ignored it but we all went out to lunch and then I was quite grateful that I had to work for a couple of hours.  I guess it’s always going to feel strange after sharing 48 if them with my Dad. 
Froglet hope you are ok and feeling in a better place. If I lived near you I would come and be your cleaner. 

On 23/04/2023 at 17:35, zigzag said:

Really weird day today. It’s my birthday but would also have been my Dads birthday and it’s the first one without him. It just doesn’t feel right at all. I would happily have ignored it but we all went out to lunch and then I was quite grateful that I had to work for a couple of hours.  I guess it’s always going to feel strange after sharing 48 if them with my Dad. 
Froglet hope you are ok and feeling in a better place. If I lived near you I would come and be your cleaner. 

Oh lovely zigzag Happy Birthday - you mustn't ignore your special day, although I do understand your thinking xxx

You could do young Froglet's cleaning and I would happily do her ironing for her!

• Like 1

No, contrary to common belief in the media I was not scared😆  2 of my sons were here, we all got the alarm bar one, and he can't understand why, he hadnt disarmed it and his phone is "smart" 

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 17:59, Panders said:

No, contrary to common belief in the media I was not scared😆  2 of my sons were here, we all got the alarm bar one, and he can't understand why, he hadnt disarmed it and his phone is "smart" 

I got mine at 2:59...Mr S was 3:10 - same network so can't really understand why

Happy birthday Zigzag! No, you mustn't ignore your special day. I am sure that they will always feel a little strange as you think of your day but I hope that over time it becomes easier to remember the lovely times. Sending you lots of good wishes.

• Like 2

I have some good news to share!

I have just been for physio and...I don't have to go again - whoop!

I didn't really give him a lot of choice "I'm really hoping that you will say I don't need to come again"

So I have to keep up the exercises, arrange another steroid injection without delay if needed, I am 'permitted' to try very short walks, but he advised about not pushing it.

The 'horrible knee' is not so 'horrible' now - it is tender and a bit niggly and a little bit of the swelling remains - but so much better, thank goodness

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 24/04/2023 at 12:49, sunnyday said:

I have some good news to share!

I have just been for physio and...I don't have to go again - whoop!

I didn't really give him a lot of choice "I'm really hoping that you will say I don't need to come again"

So I have to keep up the exercises, arrange another steroid injection without delay if needed, I am 'permitted' to try very short walks, but he advised about not pushing it.

The 'horrible knee' is not so 'horrible' now - it is tender and a bit niggly and a little bit of the swelling remains - but so much better, thank goodness

That’s brilliant news!  Onwards and upwards! 

• Like 1

Oh my actual goodness 'tis Friday again!

I imagined that once retired the weeks wouldn't fly by so fast - not the case at all!

Hope everyone is okay?

We have a Sunday lunch with eldest son and family this weekend - lovely - not seeing much of him currently as he is working away, so looking forward to a good catch up!

Other than that it looks like the weather might be good - so if you need me I will be in my garden - the gates not locked so just let yourselves through to the back 🤣

Hope that you all have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend x

Edited by sunnyday
Because I can no longer string a sentence together!
  • Like 2

Great news about the knee Sunnyday I’m envious. After a weeks respite from mine being too painful,  today it is being a right bugger! Am hoping for some nice weather at the weekend so can carry on with some garden jobs, just felt I was getting on top of it all and then the weather changed and has been very yucky for the last few days.  Really hope it settles soon.  Off to see the dental therapist now because at my check up this week the dentist discovered to new small chips in my teeth, I am NEVER eating Bon bons again!  Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend.

• Like 2

Well, I almost missed last friday and the week went to fast!  Not only is time flying past I do not seem to get very much done either lately 😳

I shall be around to your sunnyday - should i bring anything? 

Today I have put some washing out, brought in back in again... and, I am now trying to work out whether or not to put it back out again 😭

Nothing much planned for the weekend but we are going to the 'outlaws' for a birthday dinner which will be nice.

Zigzag - hope we get some warm sunny weather that will be kinder to you knees.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2023 at 13:24, louby loo said:

Well, I almost missed last friday and the week went to fast!  Not only is time flying past I do not seem to get very much done either lately 😳

I shall be around to your sunnyday - should i bring anything? 

Today I have put some washing out, brought in back in again... and, I am now trying to work out whether or not to put it back out again 😭

Nothing much planned for the weekend but we are going to the 'outlaws' for a birthday dinner which will be nice.

Zigzag - hope we get some warm sunny weather that will be kinder to you knees.

Just bring yourself louby!

Bloomin' washing hokey-cokey I am at it too...

Just popped on to say we were outside today (nice weather here!) only to get bombarded with a swarm of honey bees! Don't have a policy for that one!!!! All fine and safe (no harm to man nor bee) but it did give me a bit of a shock !

• Confused 1

Did they swarm?  you can ring local beekeepers club to come and collect if they do.  Quite scary when there's so many of anything.  I can always handle one or two animals, insects etc but when there's  more than a handful I get a bit freaked.

On 03/05/2023 at 16:40, finleysmaid said:

Just popped on to say we were outside today (nice weather here!) only to get bombarded with a swarm of honey bees! Don't have a policy for that one!!!! All fine and safe (no harm to man nor bee) but it did give me a bit of a shock !

Oh heck!

Hope the bees leave you in peace from now on Finleysmaid.  Well for me this week has been a total write off as have Covid. Been feeling rotten but am my own worst enemy as am not a good patient and try and do too much to prove I’m better and then wipe myself out! Do it every time. Tested positive on Monday and still feeling rubbish.  Hope it goes soon.

So what are everyone’s plans for the coronation weekend? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 05/05/2023 at 08:45, zigzag said:

Hope the bees leave you in peace from now on Finleysmaid.  Well for me this week has been a total write off as have Covid. Been feeling rotten but am my own worst enemy as am not a good patient and try and do too much to prove I’m better and then wipe myself out! Do it every time. Tested positive on Monday and still feeling rubbish.  Hope it goes soon.

So what are everyone’s plans for the coronation weekend? 

Ugh. Feel better soon!  I’ve heard of a few folk who have it at the moment.  

On 05/05/2023 at 08:40, Cait said:

Friday already!   January took forever and now it’s racing by!  

Agreed Cait - please, please can we have a nice summer now - my ideal would be sunny and warm during the days about 23 degrees would be perfect with some overnight rain for the garden...

• Like 1