Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 13/12/2022 at 18:57, sunnyday said:

Oh have you seen that there is an amber weather warning for you tomorrow - is it going to be the dreaded white stuff?!

Our white stuff is just hanging about too long now - I don't think that we got above freezing today...

I think it will just be rain. It’s raining now and I will be shocked if it turns to snow! Just hope it does not ice over as I have to drive down a very steep lane tomorrow to work😱

We’ve got a dusting but the blue sky and sunshine are here now, so the sledging party will probably be cancelled folk, sorry.  If Sunnyday still has some, we’d best meet up there again if she’s got her balaclava dry 

CE0859B1-1C12-411D-A8CC-9AF160889A93.jpeg

• Like 3

On 14/12/2022 at 17:05, Cait said:

Are the batteries still working in the fancy one with the FSF logo that lights up? 

Abso-jolly-lutely!🤣

Sheesh - it is flippin' lethal outdoors today - ice, ice and a bit more ice - have I ever mentioned I don't do winter?! 🙃

• Like 1

On 14/12/2022 at 12:29, sunnyday said:

I have a 'stash' of balaclavas - wouldn't want to be caught without one! 🤣

On 14/12/2022 at 17:33, sunnyday said:

Abso-jolly-lutely!🤣

Sheesh - it is flippin' lethal outdoors today - ice, ice and a bit more ice - have I ever mentioned I don't do winter?! 🙃

I don’t either!  
Meant to ask, have you enough for us all?  

• Like 1

Well we finished yesterday (Yay!!!)

Bit of a nightmare morning, but we did it.  Snow' s still around and not much different from Sunday night. But it's sunny now and after starting the morning at -6, it's now only -2 so warming up at last!!      It was very pretty driving thought the forest  yesterday morning though. 😊

Staff meal tonight, and we have a festive minature train ride booked tomorrow with friends and the grandchildren looking foward to those now.

Hope everyone is staying warm. xx

• Like 2

Good morning all - 'tis Friday!

Still no real thaw here - but the forecast looks hopeful - have I mentioned I don't do winter? 🤣

Have a lovely weekend x 

Oh and young Froglet - next Wednesday - oh my life that is so late to break up you poor thing - I am sending strength to you x 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2022 at 10:29, sunnyday said:

Still no real thaw here - but the forecast looks hopeful - have I mentioned I don't do winter? 🤣

Same here- first thing this morning it still looked pretty much the same as Monday morning, however the sun is now out and we are above freezing (+1 🤣) so hopefully something might melt!

• Like 1

On 16/12/2022 at 10:29, sunnyday said:

Oh and young Froglet - next Wednesday - oh my life that is so late to break up you poor thing - I am sending strength to you x 

Thank you! I have a nativity on Monday (2 performances) and we are very overdue Ofsted so once it gets to 2.30pm we’re celebrating!

We have a 2 week October half term break which I love but it does mean other holidays feel skewed. We started back in August, my niblings all started back the week after but they’ve finished this Friday and are back on the 4th January just like me!

• Like 1

On 17/12/2022 at 08:11, Froglet said:

Thank you! I have a nativity on Monday (2 performances) and we are very overdue Ofsted so once it gets to 2.30pm we’re celebrating!

We have a 2 week October half term break which I love but it does mean other holidays feel skewed. We started back in August, my niblings all started back the week after but they’ve finished this Friday and are back on the 4th January just like me!

That does sound like long weeks 🙁     As a preschool we go back as early as possoble after summer and Christmas to can finish early. 

A few of our local schools are extending their daily hours by 15min or so so that they can break up early too (although if we had that option I'd probably want to do 'block weeks' of 6-6 a couple of weeks per term! 🙀🤣🤣

• Like 3

On 17/12/2022 at 08:11, Froglet said:

Oh my actual goodness - Ofsted should be banned from inspecting this close to the end of term grrrr

On 17/12/2022 at 16:37, sunnyday said:

What are we thinking about tonight's Strictly final - who is your winner?

I am rather hoping that it is Helen

She’s had my votes every week.  I’ve found it hard to warm to the others.  Initially I wanted Hamza for the win, as he’s such a lovely bloke, but I think he peaked with his couples choice, and that’s why he is doing it again.    

I do think that they should all do every dance, Fleur hadn’t done a foxtrot or a tango, Hamza hasn’t done a Paso or a Viennese Waltz, Molly hasn’t done a Salsa or a VW, Helen hasn’t done a Rhumba or a Tango! I’ve been keeping a check this year as I misremembered last year, with all the absences with Covid.   they should leave the couples choice to this final - it’s just a showdance after all, so those who are doing it tonight are in effect doing two show dances, and that hardly seems fair! 

• Like 1

On 17/12/2022 at 17:20, Cait said:

She’s had my votes every week.  I’ve found it hard to warm to the others.  Initially I wanted Hamza for the win, as he’s such a lovely bloke, but I think he peaked with his couples choice, and that’s why he is doing it again.    

I do think that they should all do every dance, Fleur hadn’t done a foxtrot or a tango, Hamza hasn’t done a Paso or a Viennese Waltz, Molly hasn’t done a Salsa or a VW, Helen hasn’t done a Rhumba or a Tango! I’ve been keeping a check this year as I misremembered last year, with all the absences with Covid.   they should leave the couples choice to this final - it’s just a showdance after all, so those who are doing it tonight are in effect doing two show dances, and that hardly seems fair! 

Flippin' heck Cait have you got a spreadsheet 🤣

• Haha 2

On 17/12/2022 at 21:12, sunnyday said:

Now I acknowledge that as a dedicated balaclava wearer I probably have no right to comment but...what the heck has Shirley got on her head?🤦‍♀️

Caught in a fishing net, we reckon 

• Haha 1

Hello all...sorry i havent been around! been really busy trying to sell my house and buy another....no way that i thought this process would take nearly a year of my life! i hope that by the end of today we will have come to the end of the road....hopefully positively but by this stage who knows! 😱

Work has been really busy ...most of the year has been spent trying to get an EHC in place for a child......i cannot tell you how many hours we have spent on that ...but now agreed finally ! just got to argue about money now as the borough she is in is bankrupt! 

New staff at work finally after looking since feb.....she's lovely but is making me feel very old ! i made a reference to the vicar of Dibley the other day and she hadn't got a clue what i was on about.

haven't caught up on the gossip yet but hope you are all ok?

xx FM

• Like 2

Oh Fm how lovely to read your post - I was thinking the other day about how long since we had heard from you.   The whole house sale business and if you are downsizing you have my admiration a close friend has been doing that for months.  They moved in a month ago and first thing she said was - we have so much more to get rid of!

The EHC business we will need to do for one of our granddaughters this year as she begins school in September and I know it is hard going.

Season's Greetings dear Finleysmaid

• Like 1