Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 16/11/2022 at 13:59, louby loo said:

Betty Crocker? (Dons tin hat and runs to take cover 😮🤣)

That made me laugh louby!

Cait - I am sure young Froglet will come up with something but if not, I can ask one of my daughters-in-law - she makes a mean brownie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/11/2022 at 15:19, sunnyday said:

That made me laugh louby!

Cait - I am sure young Froglet will come up with something but if not, I can ask one of my daughters-in-law - she makes a mean brownie!

I don’t often make brownies but I do have a couple that I’ve made and taste tested before. Happy to share if you’d like Cait?

• Like 2

On 16/11/2022 at 14:58, Cait said:

Has anybody got a fabulous chocolate brownie recipe?  I was disappointed with mine really.   Could possibly have been because I put chocolate chunks inside because of walnuts (thought it safer).  
my tins are 30x23 and 32x23 

Have you tried and tested it?  

I will be honest and say I have tried the salted caramel one and it was nice.  Bought on offer.

On 16/11/2022 at 16:44, Panders said:

does it need to be GF  Have you  tried Becky Excell's recipes?  She's very good,

yes it has to be gluten free, I don’t have any muggle ingredients in my house 🤣.  I can generally convert recipes though, and of course there are some brownie recipes that don’t have any flour in them anyway. 

Yes I use a lot of Becky’s recipes.  Her brownies are generally 8” square and I need a larger traybake and sometimes things don’t transfer well doubled up.  I can’t be bothered to make several 8” squares - plus there’ll be too many edge pieces! 🤭🤭
edited to add that I’ve asked her for advice too. 

Edited by Cait

On 16/11/2022 at 19:13, Froglet said:

I don’t often make brownies but I do have a couple that I’ve made and taste tested before. Happy to share if you’d like Cait?

If they are big traybake ones, yes please.  

Good morning all - 'tis Friday!

Hope everyone is okay?

We know Mousie is more than okay!

Worried about fm she seems to be missing in action...

We have blue skies here this morning - so lovely after the rain, rain and more rain

Onwards and upwards - hope the weekend is kind to all x

On 17/11/2022 at 18:51, Mouseketeer said:

Just wanted to finally share this with you all 😁

126D5CB4-B050-43AD-8050-155E29726E65.jpeg

Abso-bloomin-fantastic!    HUGE well done to you and all the team!  I bet your cheeks are aching with grinning!   Careful how you go on the rooftops - they’ll be slippery after the rain!  Xx

• Like 1

On 16/11/2022 at 14:58, Cait said:

Has anybody got a fabulous chocolate brownie recipe?  I was disappointed with mine really.   Could possibly have been because I put chocolate chunks inside because of walnuts (thought it safer).  
my tins are 30x23 and 32x23 

Have you tried and tested it?  

I can't make brownies for love nor money but hubby makes the most amazing ones. He always get compiments on them.The recipe is from a waitrose card picked up in store.

On 19/11/2022 at 20:56, Gezabel said:

oops forgot to say he does not put the toblerone in. He doesn't add any extra chocolate to compensate either !

Thank you for that.  Has he tried it in a traybake tin, so double the mixture or whatever? 

On 20/11/2022 at 11:45, Cait said:

Thank you for that.  Has he tried it in a traybake tin, so double the mixture or whatever? 

Have you ever tried any of the 'Healthy Living James' recipes? Not sure if he has a brownie recipes, but he does have loads of quick and easy gluten free ones. I've never tried them but they keep popping up on my FB news feed for some reason.

On 20/11/2022 at 11:45, Cait said:

He does then in a 20 cm square tin. He has done double the recipe but just used two 20 cm tins. (Only because i don't have a big tray bake tin!)

Well, I was meant to be watching my sister’s orchestra do their family concert which is always good fun and then my brother in law was going to cook tea after (Nepali!) but my dad’s car broke down on the way and I’ve just got home.

Have decided to treat myself to Nepali take out instead!

• Like 1

On 20/11/2022 at 16:49, Froglet said:

Well, I was meant to be watching my sister’s orchestra do their family concert which is always good fun and then my brother in law was going to cook tea after (Nepali!) but my dad’s car broke down on the way and I’ve just got home.

Have decided to treat myself to Nepali take out instead!

Oh rotten luck with the car breakdown

A Nepali take out sound interesting - not available anywhere near here (as far as I know)

On 20/11/2022 at 17:22, sunnyday said:

Oh rotten luck with the car breakdown

A Nepali take out sound interesting - not available anywhere near here (as far as I know)

I’m surprised that it exists in my small town! As my brother in law is Nepali it seemed fitting somehow.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2022 at 14:06, blondie said:

Thanks, I do use her recipes but the brownie ‘traybakes’ seem to be the 8” square.  Oh well, onwards and upwards.    Thank you for your input.   I’ll keep searching.