Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 07/11/2022 at 16:23, sunnyday said:

Has anyone else been shouting at the TV today re the news about there being a long wait for Speech and Language support - good that this is being highlighted, but my goodness that has been the situation in my neck of the woods for so long (long before Covid)...

To say nothing of that poor mum that was shown writing chalk letters for her little boy, I could see that she was doing her best, but why oh why hasn't her HV given her some sensible advice - as I have typed that I am now thinking perhaps she hasn't had any access to a HV. Perhaps there needs to be some sort of campaign to help parents...

All so frustrating

It’s all very sad, early intervention is getting them nowhere, we have one Salt left for the whole of our side of the county, I actually feel guilty for making referrals now but because of the time scales (20 weeks Min)there isn’t any ‘wait and see’ time, we are bordering another county and they have no HV’s left now in the area we need access to, one of our families has been so badly let down because we have to try and access services through their home county, in ours we get portage support to 5 yrs, in theirs it’s only to 3 yrs, the child is past 3 so no support for the family there, paediatrician appointments are a minimum 12 months, they aren’t being seen, hence no professional reports which we need to support EHCP requests, so many more children are going to be going to school with no support in place 😔 

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 07/11/2022 at 16:23, sunnyday said:

Has anyone else been shouting at the TV today re the news about there being a long wait for Speech and Language support - good that this is being highlighted, but my goodness that has been the situation in my neck of the woods for so long (long before Covid)...

To say nothing of that poor mum that was shown writing chalk letters for her little boy, I could see that she was doing her best, but why oh why hasn't her HV given her some sensible advice - as I have typed that I am now thinking perhaps she hasn't had any access to a HV. Perhaps there needs to be some sort of campaign to help parents...

All so frustrating

It really is!   We had Catherine (Princess of Wales) interested in Early Years, didn’t we?   Maybe it needs to be flagged in her direction so she can start to highlight the desperate need.  

• Like 2

On 09/11/2022 at 10:16, sunnyday said:

Still banging on here!

I have checked - wait for Speech and Language intervention is eighteen months here - it was 12 months when I retired...

On that’s really not good.   

On 10/11/2022 at 17:25, Cait said:

On that’s really not good.   

It's hopeless - that's why I think that there needs to be a big campaign for parents - well no, ideally there needs to be better access to SALTs but we know that isn't going happen anytime soon

Good morning all - 'tis Friday again

Hope everyone is okay

Youngest grandson has celebrated his 5th birthday this week - no idea where that time has gone

Knit and Natter still going strong - have a lovely little group of core members with others that just come occasionally - so pleased that I decided to set this up 

Will attend the 'Act of Remembrance' this morning at our small village war memorial

Hope to get some more garden tidying done today and over the weekend - so good to get a break from the rain which has been relentless here

What an exciting life I lead 🤣

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 11:04, Froglet said:

I love that shade of purple!

we’ve had a couple of school open events this weekend. I am not feeling great - fighting off a cold I think so mostly curling up on the sofa watching old festive editions of Bake Off. Planning will be later…

So many nasty colds about young Froglet - rest and keep warm x

• Like 1

Mad busy couple of days baking!   It was our church bonfire social and I was responsible for the gluten free element of the cakes.   I did rainbow buns (extremely popular and went first!) brownies, flapjack (shown upside down because I had to smoosh a layer of chocolate on the base because it’s deliciously sticky) ginger crunch slice and date slice.  We had a huge turnout!  Mostly, I suspect, because it was in the vicarage garden, and folks wanted a nosey! 🤣🤣🤣🤭

65762342-8D2E-4941-8020-2E7FBC6C94A8.jpeg

99B634CD-48D6-4ADE-A4C1-6BC68F32F0D9.jpeg

570E5616-37CD-4E4F-88C6-4B248EF27581.jpeg

ACD75EB1-20D2-4A59-A005-89573DAEC3C0.jpeg

7D90F530-E00D-44BB-94DE-3BDB9E51BB6E.jpeg

Edited by Cait
  • Like 2

On 13/11/2022 at 16:40, Cait said:

Mad busy couple of days baking!   It was our church bonfire social and I was responsible for the gluten free element of the cakes.   I did rainbow buns (extremely popular and went first!) brownies, flapjack (shown upside down because I had to smoosh a layer of chocolate on the base because it’s deliciously sticky) ginger crunch slice and date slice.  We had a huge turnout!  Mostly, I suspect, because it was in the vicarage garden, and folks wanted a nosey! 🤣🤣🤣🤭

65762342-8D2E-4941-8020-2E7FBC6C94A8.jpeg

99B634CD-48D6-4ADE-A4C1-6BC68F32F0D9.jpeg

570E5616-37CD-4E4F-88C6-4B248EF27581.jpeg

ACD75EB1-20D2-4A59-A005-89573DAEC3C0.jpeg

7D90F530-E00D-44BB-94DE-3BDB9E51BB6E.jpeg

I think i need a food parcel send down south!!!

• Haha 1

On 14/11/2022 at 14:08, sunnyday said:

🤣 Just had a delivery from Sainsbury - my favourite driver today yay!

As he left, he said, "hopefully I will see you before Christmas, but in case I don't, have a good one"!

So that's my first 'Happy Christmas' 🤣

Eeek!   So much Christmas stuff in the shop this year and do much pressure for families to buy things as usual for their children.  It’s going to be a very bleak new year for lots of families, I think, with debt mounting up.  Then we get celebrities on tv saying they’ll be shredding money if something or other doesn’t happen with the football.  It’s heartbreaking 

On 15/11/2022 at 00:37, Cait said:

Eeek!   So much Christmas stuff in the shop this year and do much pressure for families to buy things as usual for their children.  It’s going to be a very bleak new year for lots of families, I think, with debt mounting up.  Then we get celebrities on tv saying they’ll be shredding money if something or other doesn’t happen with the football.  It’s heartbreaking 

I hear you Cait - so many people will be struggling - it is all so sad...

I have totally missed 'celebrities on TV saying they will be shredding money' what on earth is that all about?

We have our first 'saver session' this evening 5 - 6pm (with Octopus Energy) - I am as keen as mustard with this sort of thing, Mr S less so 🤦‍♀️🤣 oh well, we will see how we get on!

Weather is dire here today - rain, rain and a bit more rain - I am trying hard to convince myself that it is a good thing - it will help to fill aquifers - hmmm 

On 20/10/2022 at 15:51, sunnyday said:

Oh my actual goodness!

I just sent a text message to a friend: Thank you for the lovely card. Another year older and deeper in debt

She has just sent a reply and is clearly very concerned about my finances - i have had to reassure her that I am not really in debt and that is just an old saying

Told Mr S about and he has never heard of that saying - crikey - did I just make it up - I don't think so 🤷‍♀️

Someone please tell me that you have heard that before

yes I have heard that (bit late to the party, sorry!!)You load sixteen tons, what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt · Saint Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't go · I owe my soul to the company ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/11/2022 at 10:19, sunnyday said:

I hear you Cait - so many people will be struggling - it is all so sad...

I have totally missed 'celebrities on TV saying they will be shredding money' what on earth is that all about?

We have our first 'saver session' this evening 5 - 6pm (with Octopus Energy) - I am as keen as mustard with this sort of thing, Mr S less so 🤦‍♀️🤣 oh well, we will see how we get on!

Weather is dire here today - rain, rain and a bit more rain - I am trying hard to convince myself that it is a good thing - it will help to fill aquifers - hmmm 

Joe Lycett said he would shred £10,000 of his own money if David Beckham doesn’t end his sponsorship of the Quatar World Cup.  He ‘is prepared to donate the money to charity’ if David agrees to drop it within the next week.  He will live stream the shredding on Sunday, kick off time otherwise.   It’s about gay rights and human rights.    

My brother in law owns his dental practice (just him and nurses/receptionist) and his power contract runs out next week.  He has been onto his provider and the new quote is 10x what he is currently paying 😳😳.   He can’t afford to trade if that’s the case - I wonder how many more dental practices will bite the dust as well.   He doesn’t qualify  for any help 

On 15/11/2022 at 15:17, Cait said:

Joe Lycett said he would shred £10,000 of his own money if David Beckham doesn’t end his sponsorship of the Quatar World Cup.  He ‘is prepared to donate the money to charity’ if David agrees to drop it within the next week.  He will live stream the shredding on Sunday, kick off time otherwise.   It’s about gay rights and human rights.    

That is truly shocking - I had no idea...

On 15/11/2022 at 15:23, Cait said:

My brother in law owns his dental practice (just him and nurses/receptionist) and his power contract runs out next week.  He has been onto his provider and the new quote is 10x what he is currently paying 😳😳.   He can’t afford to trade if that’s the case - I wonder how many more dental practices will bite the dust as well.   He doesn’t qualify  for any help 

What the heck - how ridiculous - I'm so sorry to read this

Has anybody got a fabulous chocolate brownie recipe?  I was disappointed with mine really.   Could possibly have been because I put chocolate chunks inside because of walnuts (thought it safer).  
my tins are 30x23 and 32x23 

On 16/11/2022 at 12:44, Cait said:

Has anybody got a fabulous chocolate brownie recipe?  I was disappointed with mine really.   Could possibly have been because I put chocolate chunks inside because of walnuts (thought it safer).  

Betty Crocker? (Dons tin hat and runs to take cover 😮🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/11/2022 at 13:59, louby loo said:

Betty Crocker? (Dons tin hat and runs to take cover 😮🤣)

Have you tried and tested it?