Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 16/10/2022 at 07:49, Froglet said:

I was pondering a set of things that I’ve never baked before like babka or macarons.

I do have ‘build a gingerbread house’ on there already.

do a 5km mud run - get back in touch with an old friend - learn a new language. xx

• Like 2

On 18/10/2022 at 11:36, blondie said:

do a 5km mud run - get back in touch with an old friend - learn a new language. xx

Maybe a 5km mud saunter? I’m good with mud, not so much with running. I have, though, just planned out the 50th year temperature blanket I intend to make.

I have been pondering a list of 12 bakes I’ve never made before…

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 09:00, sunnyday said:

I thought the same when I saw 'London' on the list but...

Believe it or not I am actually quite shy

Mr S would have heart failure if I said "I'm off to London on my own to meet up with my forum friends"

Same here!    It took Sunnyday and I years before we even shared photos of what we look like!!!  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh my actual goodness!

I just sent a text message to a friend: Thank you for the lovely card. Another year older and deeper in debt

She has just sent a reply and is clearly very concerned about my finances - i have had to reassure her that I am not really in debt and that is just an old saying

Told Mr S about and he has never heard of that saying - crikey - did I just make it up - I don't think so 🤷‍♀️

Someone please tell me that you have heard that before

Some people say a man is made out of mud
A poor man's made out of muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that's a-weak and a back that's strong

You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter, don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one morning when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine
I loaded sixteen tons of number 9 coal
And the straw boss said, "Well, a-bless my soul"

I was born one morning, it was drizzling rain
Fighting and trouble are my middle name
I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Can't no-a high-toned woman make me walk the line

If you see me coming, better step aside
A lot of men didn't, a lot of men died
One fist of iron, the other of steel
If the right one don't a-get you, then the left one will

Edited by Panders
  • Like 2

On 20/10/2022 at 21:03, Froglet said:

I’ve never heard that at all - love finding out new sayings and phrases!

So do I - my lovely mum had some great sayings - she used 'once in a flood' instead of 'once in a blue moon' and loads more - in fact thinking about it she is probably responsible for 'another year older and deeper in debt' - I did feel pretty awful that my friend thought I was being serious 🤦‍♀️

My mum never learned to drive but that didn't stop her having lots of advice for drivers - particularly those that she deemed to be driving too fast 😂

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Must be half-term break for all?

I've just had a mega frustrating hour - went down to the next village to post our latest Knit and Natter efforts to Knit for Peace (we no longer have a PO here) and to collect repeat prescriptions for Mr S...

Having lugged the huge parcel to the Post Office I find a note on the door reading 'closed due to illness' - okay lug the parcel back to the car

Next stop pharmacy - they came out with the smallest bag - I said "oh no, that's not right, he has a big prescription on order" - honestly, this happens with great regularity - to make matters worse they speak to me as though I came down in the last shower of rain grrrr

Guess where I will be going on Monday 🤦‍♀️ never mind far worse happens at sea!

Happy half-term for those lucky enough to get a break now

Hope that everyone has a lovely weekend x

• Like 1

Well I've had a mega stressful week -this site stopped working on my laptop!😮😮😮 I think i have to update my browers.... i'm very much of the 'if it isan't broke don't fix' kinda person 🙄  I've been getting reminders for weeks possibly even a year or more that i need to update something!   Anyway, after checking on my phone that the site did actually still work, i have managed to get it back on the laptop via an atlernative method.

(I have noticed though that the auto correct doesnt work this way, and trying to type with a cat sprealled across you does make for a fair few mistakes !!)

Last dance class today 🙁  My friend and i have decided we will walk into the town 4.5 miles for breakfast every other week instead.

Nothing much planned for the half-term week- boob squash and pumpkin picking, that's about it. So a nice relaxing week. I even have my normal two childcare days off as my daughter and her partner have the week off too.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 09:00, sunnyday said:

Believe it or not I am actually quite shy

Mr S would have heart failure if I said "I'm off to London on my own to meet up with my forum friends"

Me too, although the older I get I think it's more that I'm actually a  very introvert person rather than 'shy'

• Like 1

On 21/10/2022 at 20:13, Mouseketeer said:

Hi all

hope everyone is well, and not washed away with all todays rain, ended the half term here with our Ofsted inspection under our belts, quite a relaxed affair to previous ones (will share the outcome when the report is in).

have a good weekend all x

Whoa Mousie - big news - can't wait to hear more - sure you smashed it!

• Like 1

On 21/10/2022 at 20:13, Mouseketeer said:

Hi all

hope everyone is well, and not washed away with all todays rain, ended the half term here with our Ofsted inspection under our belts, quite a relaxed affair to previous ones (will share the outcome when the report is in).

have a good weekend all x

It’s such a weight off you’re shoulders once it’s done isn’t it 😊😊

Glad it was a positive experience for you too 😊😊

• Like 1