Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 11/04/2022 at 19:31, louby loo said:

I know what you mean, I thought about the sewing bee 🤣

(on that subject I actually went our to a real shop today and bought a new sewing machine 😮... and I went to Tesco's! -first time in over two years!!!)

Oh wow! Very exciting! 

Oh wow Louby loo - which sewing machine did you go for?   I have been very pleased with my Brother I must admit.   I did though have to photocopy and cut out a piece from the manual regarding some of the switches to remind me which was what and I stuck it to the machine!

On 11/04/2022 at 20:09, Panders said:

I did though have to photocopy and cut out a piece from the manual regarding some of the switches to remind me which was what and I stuck it to the machine!

Love it!  I've just been trying to read the instruction book and kept glazing over 😳 fortunately it's 'reasonably' similar to my old one🙂

I have a Bernina (updated my older one)  Just need to decide what to actually make now, thinking of making some of the podlet things you were making last year? I won't be repairing gazebo's that's for sure as that's what upset my last machine 😬

• Like 1

On 11/04/2022 at 18:02, Froglet said:

I used to think about having a go when it was first on but it now seems to be so much more about how things look and I’m not good at pretty! Plus I suspect I wouldn’t be a good candidate for camera - I think I’d sit on a stool, with ear plugs in, looking grumpy and refusing to talk!

🤣🤣🤣

On 11/04/2022 at 19:31, louby loo said:

I know what you mean, I thought about the sewing bee 🤣

(on that subject I actually went our to a real shop today and bought a new sewing machine 😮... and I went to Tesco's! -first time in over two years!!!)

Whoop!

Enjoy louby - sewing just defeats me, I am full of admiration for those clever, talented peeps that can master it

• Like 3

On 12/04/2022 at 12:41, Panders said:

I have been having a sort out - what do you do with used diaries (particularly old work ones?)   If you dispose - how do you do that,  mine are of the rather large variety or very thick

Mine would go on a bonfire - but I appreciate not everyone can have a bonfire...

I'm just back from a lovely walk, through woodland today, great to see that the Bluebells are just starting to show (shhhh don't tell Mr S where I have been, he doesn't think that's a safe walk), met the most gorgeous handsome working Cocker (with his owner) his colouring/markings were very special, he was black and tan and was sporting a perfect set of tan eyebrows, just lovely!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well obviously Guy Fawkes is a great excuse - and if we did it after dark probably get away with it.    I inevitably complain about neighbour behind us who seems to delight in burning his garden rubbish just as we get those really lovely clear days early autumn, soooooo upsets me.   I think he's a little too old now, or his family have put him right, and he puts it in the black bin for collection.  I'll ask Mr.Panders see what he thinks

On 12/04/2022 at 12:41, Panders said:

I have been having a sort out - what do you do with used diaries (particularly old work ones?)   If you dispose - how do you do that,  mine are of the rather large variety or very thick

I suppose it depends what’s in them.  What sort of records they contain.  I’d be tempted to just get one of those printing “confidential” rollers for going over addresses or anything that was sensitive.  Then it could just go in the paper bin after you’ve separated the pages from the binding.   
Certain records need to be kept for different lengths of time of course, so you’d need to check for that.   

On 14/04/2022 at 08:16, zigzag said:

Hands down, best dogs ever! 

Honestly zigzag I am still thinking about him, he was gorgeous...

I have my eldest son's dog here for the Easter weekend, she is a 'Sprocker', she is dear little dog. She goes home on Tuesday and then youngest son's dog will be coming to stay, he is a very handsome chocolate Lab, so it's all go here on the dog front!

• Like 2

Thank you Mousie - you too!

I have knitted for half an hour and the dough for my hot cross buns is rising.  I'm going to spend a couple of hours doing some much needed sorting out and work on my governor to do list.  Then I have a couple of other sorting jobs I want to do - nothing major but my dining room tends to become a bit of a dumping ground and I want to try and tackle some of the clutter corners.  My first is to plant a couple of 'kits' that children have given me as presents - I am not a good gardener!  I'd also like to get a walk in; my back is aching and I suspect it may be due to not moving as much as I do at school or maybe moving in different ways!

Have a lovely Easter weekend all of you.

• Like 3

On 15/04/2022 at 10:06, Froglet said:

Thank you Mousie - you too!

I have knitted for half an hour and the dough for my hot cross buns is rising.  I'm going to spend a couple of hours doing some much needed sorting out and work on my governor to do list.  Then I have a couple of other sorting jobs I want to do - nothing major but my dining room tends to become a bit of a dumping ground and I want to try and tackle some of the clutter corners.  My first is to plant a couple of 'kits' that children have given me as presents - I am not a good gardener!  I'd also like to get a walk in; my back is aching and I suspect it may be due to not moving as much as I do at school or maybe moving in different ways!

Have a lovely Easter weekend all of you.

You too.   Hot cross scones here for a change. 

8364A9F8-4610-4079-97AA-72DDB55809B0.jpeg

• Like 4

This is my Daughter’s dog Thelma (she’s Louise, so what else could her dog be called!) also on her Easter holidays!   She’s absolutely berserk, so this was a rare moment of stillness!   Cockerpoo. 

6D426827-B583-4D0F-87B2-B56D8CC594F7.jpeg

• Like 4

Good morning all

Tis Friday!

I have been very busy and productive this morning - yay!

One of my neighbours has appealed for items that she can sell at a series of Boot Fairs with all proceeds for Ukraine - I have sorted a couple of bags and taken them over to her, all good 'stuff' and there will be more to follow...

Dog has enjoyed a long walk (me too)

I am just stopping for coffee and then it will be housework, prepping evening meal and then I will get on with edging the squares that my knit and natter group have made - I am 'stunned' by how many are brought in each week...

Hope that everyone has a great weekend x

• Like 1

I’ve been doing two holiday cottage changeovers today! The weather has been thick fog and rain so didn’t bother me! But I would like to order some sunshine tomorrow please!  Have a lovely Easter all. Xx

This is my working cocker (who hasn’t done a days work in her life) This was her chilling on the swing seat yesterday watching me scrub the picnic bench!

FB987C18-8715-4335-8B95-08ACA8FF623F.jpeg

• Like 3

On 15/04/2022 at 10:28, Froglet said:

She's a beautiful dog!  Hot cross scones sound great - where's your recipe from?  I love the flavours but not always the 'faff' of waiting for things to rise!

Gluten free cuppa tea is where I found the recipe. If you do it with standard (we call it ‘muggle’ flour) you won’t need the xanthan, as that’s the binding agent that works like gluten.   We decided it needed slightly more sugar to be more correct on the flavour 97422F8D-332D-4839-82EE-4C5B5058D739.thumb.jpeg.a437a405d6cbb05a967f1be1ead9f2cc.jpeg

5713E5DF-B90C-4C45-A90C-A8FF6485A8F2.jpeg

• Thanks 1