Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 02/04/2022 at 18:31, louby loo said:

At the moment we can still easily go with one staff member off at a time- what I am trying to do though is to get a 'bank' of 'things' that can be done at home - I'm having problems thinking what to put on the list though!  We have signed up with noodle now for online training so that should cover a fair few hours.

If you have another week to go- how many weeks do you have in your summer term, and when do you finish?  We have already done one week of our summer term as we could have had three weeks off. (We did go back early after Christmas though)

I set them on training and completing outstanding 2 year reviews, but there is only so much to fill 5 days working from home, what I wouldn’t give for 5 days working from home.

This last week is actually the first week of our Summer terms funding, next term will be 12 weeks (13 total summer funded weeks), we won’t finish until 23rd, which is late for us, we went back 10th Jan.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2022 at 20:44, Mouseketeer said:

This last week is actually the first week of our Summer terms funding, next term will be 12 weeks (13 total summer funded weeks), we won’t finish until 23rd, which is late for us, we went back 10th Jan.

We went back 2nd (or possibly 3rd go Jan) our spring term funding finished 25th March, so we used a week of summer term. We're following the school terms around here- and go back the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.  We're finishing on the 14th July, the LA has allowed us to take an extra day at any point in the year for the Queens jubilee and we're having the 15th July.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 11:19, louby loo said:

We went back 2nd (or possibly 3rd go Jan) our spring term funding finished 25th March, so we used a week of summer term. We're following the school terms around here- and go back the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.  We're finishing on the 14th July, the LA has allowed us to take an extra day at any point in the year for the Queens jubilee and we're having the 15th July.

I can't add anything remotely useful - but I am smiling, thinking about that task of working out term dates, had to be very accurate in my corner of the world as the LA would check!

On 03/04/2022 at 15:57, finleysmaid said:

Ours don't seem to care 😍

On 03/04/2022 at 17:51, louby loo said:

I don't want to jinx it - but our seem quite good too.

Long may that last for both of you!

Do you not have LA audits?

On 03/04/2022 at 18:58, Mouseketeer said:

We do but have never had one (hope that hasn’t jinxed it, they’d have a field day with the number of absences our chn have lately for one reason or another.

Same here, I can't remember when we last had a 'full house' (or even near it!)

On 04/04/2022 at 15:32, zigzag said:

They make it so complicated, it makes my brain (alright it’s a tiny brain) ache every year!

I know!

I used to tackle the task, get to the point where I thought 'right, that's it', walk away, come back a bit later, look at it again and realise that 'no, that's not it at all'🤦‍♀️😂

• Haha 1

What are people doing about the bank holidays that fall in half term? Am I right in saying that two bank holidays will fall in the half term (Thursday 2 and Friday 3) So are people taking two additional days off at another time. I can’t help think I am being thick on this, but I’ve been looking at it and going around in circles!

Edited by zigzag
I’m thick!

On 05/04/2022 at 18:36, Panders said:

Hey Zigzag - just watching a gig being rowed out of St. Ives harbour and thought of you - it is your son that races gigs isn't it?

Yes, both my boys were great big Rowers and have attended the world champs on the Scillies for many years. Sadly due to work commitments now they have had to stop.  You must be on holiday? Have a great one.

Edited by zigzag

On 05/04/2022 at 15:48, zigzag said:

What are people doing about the bank holidays that fall in half term? Am I right in saying that two bank holidays will fall in the half term (Thursday 2 and Friday 3) So are people taking two additional days off at another time. I can’t help think I am being thick on this, but I’ve been looking at it and going around in circles!

Well the Whitsun/late May bank holiday usually falls in half term (for us anyway) so that's no change- but our LA have said we can have one day extra whenever we choose 😁 So we're finishing a day early at the end of term.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I know it’s not Friday but… I’m on holiday! I finished last Friday but have spent the last three days in school 6 till 6 doing some significant sorting out - the kind of jobs you just can’t do when the children are in. TodayI  was going to be a paperwork day but I slept badly last night so instead have had a pj day drifting between dozing, sock knitting, reading and mindless TV watching. It’s lovely! Hope you’re all ok whatever you’re up to.

• Like 2

On 07/04/2022 at 13:59, Froglet said:

Hello everyone! I know it’s not Friday but… I’m on holiday! I finished last Friday but have spent the last three days in school 6 till 6 doing some significant sorting out - the kind of jobs you just can’t do when the children are in. TodayI  was going to be a paperwork day but I slept badly last night so instead have had a pj day drifting between dozing, sock knitting, reading and mindless TV watching. It’s lovely! Hope you’re all ok whatever you’re up to.

Hello young Froglet, always lovely to hear from you, who cares what day it is 😂

• Like 1

On 07/04/2022 at 15:15, Panders said:

Ahh Froglet time to switch off methinks.

Me too! The TDL is still epic and I am determined not to work at all next week so I must do some more but I think my body has decided for me today. I had covid for the second time last week so did quite a bit of sleeping then too. Today I have have successfully booked my car in for its MOT and that’s about it.

My sister and her family are off to Nepal to see in laws for the first time in 5 years tomorrow. I’m currently debating whether to get dressed at all today - maybe just change into different pjs at bedtime!

On 07/04/2022 at 15:30, Froglet said:

Me too! The TDL is still epic and I am determined not to work at all next week so I must do some more but I think my body has decided for me today. I had covid for the second time last week so did quite a bit of sleeping then too. Today I have have successfully booked my car in for its MOT and that’s about it.

My sister and her family are off to Nepal to see in laws for the first time in 5 years tomorrow. I’m currently debating whether to get dressed at all today - maybe just change into different pjs at bedtime!

Covid for the second time - what bad luck, I'm so sorry to read that and hope that you are soon back up to full speed x

Different jammies at bedtime sounds like a good plan to me! 😂

• Like 1

Good morning all - tis Friday!

My lovely little village, which is miles and miles away from Dover is affected by Operation Brock, we have huge lorries thundering along our roads - but it's nothing compared to the situation for the poor drivers caught up in the queues, think that there are something like 4,500 vehicles now, no facilities for the drivers...

In happier news - we are having a little Easter Egg hunt here for our two littlest grandchildren on Sunday, really looking forward to that, weather forecast is good too

Happy weekend x

• Sad 1