Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 14/03/2022 at 16:19, zigzag said:

Ahh bless you.  It went brilliantly, it was a very positive experience and worth the weekend of anxiety! I am delighted with the result. Will share with you when I can. Now just breathing deeply again and unwinding! Eight years was a long time!

Just how big is that glass of wine?

On 14/03/2022 at 16:48, Panders said:

Just how big is that glass of wine?

On 14/03/2022 at 17:07, zigzag said:

Actually haven’t managed to eat anything today yet! So wine will wait until after dinner, but safe to say it’s going to be huge🤪

Well done!!!!    Just go with the bottle!  

It's just such an immense feeling of relief once it's over 😁 (although I will be honest the next day I felt it was all a bit of an anti-climax 😳, but happy to be able to just relax and enjoy ourselves) 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 09:39, Cait said:

Oh FM, that’s awful.  We lost a Mum just before Christmas one year - a car accident on her way home from Edinburgh where she’d been Christmas shopping for her boys.  We had a strong emotional attachment to her, as she was a young mum, only 23, who had had to cope with febrile convulsions in her youngest boy, and once ran into preschool carrying the almost lifeless little boy and dumped him in my arms whilst she collapsed. (He was okay after a trip to hospital - ambulance called and whole village ripe with gossip)  It was truly hard to deal with.  Dad continued to bring both boys to preschool and we opened spaces (that sometimes didn’t really exist) whenever he brought them. We made it clear to him that he could just bring them whenever he needed to, as he had no local support network apart from his Dad.  I enlisted a few volunteer Mums to assist at a session so that two of us were able to attend her funeral, after a discussion with staff about whether closing would be appropriate.  We had her boys to look after, so decided to run as normal.  
It’s going to be tough for you, you’ll be juggling your feelings of sympathy, love and compassion with bouts of emotional detachment (which you’ll have to do, just to be able to function and run the day to day sessions) and boy that’s hard!  
We made a scrap book of things with the boys, pictures of their Mum and bits and bobs they found, pictures they continued to paint for her all stuck in that they took home when they left (we looked at the books quite a lot on days when they wanted to chat about her, and each time something new was added) and we had a condolence book for parents to write in.

Phew - that went on a bit, sorry! 

ZZ, I’m sure you’ll absolutely smash that inspection!  Enthusiasm goes that extra mile! 

Thanks cait. They are a religious family and have already told the little one that Daddy has returned to God...I always feel.uneasy with this sort of response as it isn't really firm enough for a 4 year old...but so tricky when adults are dealing with their own emotions.

I was fine dealing with Mum today but dealing with his friends later proved a bit more difficult. I hate Men getting upset. 😔

We will just have to go with the flow...I am concerned that there are some worries over how this happened now....😪😪😳😳

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 14/03/2022 at 16:19, zigzag said:

Ahh bless you.  It went brilliantly, it was a very positive experience and worth the weekend of anxiety! I am delighted with the result. Will share with you when I can. Now just breathing deeply again and unwinding! Eight years was a long time!

That’s great zigzag (& team) very well done, look forward to hearing the outcome when you can, but any feedback would be good when you’re ready please 👍

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 20:25, finleysmaid said:

Thanks cait. They are a religious family and have already told the little one that Daddy has returned to God...I always feel.uneasy with this sort of response as it isn't really firm enough for a 4 year old...but so tricky when adults are dealing with their own emotions.

I was fine dealing with Mum today but dealing with his friends later proved a bit more difficult. I hate Men getting upset. 😔

We will just have to go with the flow...I am concerned that there are some worries over how this happened now....😪😪😳😳

Fm - 'go with the flow' is the only way in my experience (3 sets of bereaved children, 2 mums and 1 dad) - listen to what the family want - we found the most important and useful thing for these children was to keep pre-school the same as ever...

Take care of yourself - it's flippin' tough xxx

• Like 3

On 15/03/2022 at 10:24, Panders said:

https://www.hampshire.police.uk/news/hampshire/news/appeals/2022/february/appeal-to-knitters-to-help-make-bobby-buddies-for-child-victims-of-domestic-abuse/

Saw this on a programme today - maybe a project for a Knit & Natter group, don't know if any other constabularies use these though.

Thank you my little black and white furry friend!

Coincidentally I have just posted that blanket that I crocheted for 'Knit for Peace' - cost me £5.30 - flippin' heck! 😂

On 15/03/2022 at 10:54, sunnyday said:

Thank you my little black and white furry friend!

Coincidentally I have just posted that blanket that I crocheted for 'Knit for Peace' - cost me £5.30 - flippin' heck! 😂

Post is certainly getting expensive Sunnyday - I pity the seasonal card list in December this year!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 06/03/2022 at 15:48, zigzag said:

Yes! It wasn’t so bad with Dad, only had to call 111 once. Just hard not being in your own home and having to work to a care routine that is like Groundhog Day. I knew it was hard, but until you live in someone else’s shoes you just never know the true extent of it. 

well done you - your mum will have truly appreciated you doing this and she will be much refreshed.

• Like 3

On 15/03/2022 at 15:33, sunnyday said:

£5.30 postage and then £1.72 per litre for petrol - my poor pension! 🙃🤣

currently we are £158.9 for unleaded an £164.9 for diesel - I expect that could change within the hour tho😱

• Like 1

On 15/03/2022 at 17:30, Panders said:

currently we are £158.9 for unleaded an £164.9 for diesel - I expect that could change within the hour tho😱

Yes I'm sure we could have found a cheaper price elsewhere but I'm trying to limit car use, so this morning it was a trip to our next village for Drs, Post Office (we don't have one anymore) and fill up with petrol...

Our Council Tax bill was delivered today too - shock! horror!

I might have to go back to work (not really!) 🤣

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2022 at 20:25, finleysmaid said:

Every little thing you do will make a huge difference to mum and the children. xx

• Like 2

Our council tax has only increased by £7 a month which I think is quite amazing!  Electric bill has gone up by £450 and we got heating oil last week which was very expensive.  My committee is discussing wage increases (or not) tonight, hope they take all this into consideration!

• Like 1

On 15/03/2022 at 19:10, zigzag said:

Our council tax has only increased by £7 a month which I think is quite amazing!  Electric bill has gone up by £450 and we got heating oil last week which was very expensive.  My committee is discussing wage increases (or not) tonight, hope they take all this into consideration!

Fingers crossed

Let's hope for a warm spring, then we can cut the heating bills down.  Sort of got used to going nowhere much during the lockdowns, so petrol not too much of an issue, just have to make each journey count, several things done, rather than one or two.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2022 at 20:34, sunnyday said:

Candles would be more romantic💖😂

Actually, the more I think about it I might do 'reverse Christmas lights'... solar powered,  but thread them in through the window so we can have lots of twinkly (romantic) fairy lights indoors for the evening!

• Like 4

On 17/03/2022 at 10:38, zigzag said:

So tested positive this morning! Big week, Ofsted and Covid!

It's probably been the though of Ofsted that kept you immune!!!!!!!!!!   Hope your symptoms are mild, look after yourself. and take the well deserved full 10 days off to fully recover xx

• Like 1