Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Tomorrow sees the launch of my new 'Knit and Natter' group - I am feeling ridiculously nervous about this!

Have switched right back into 'leadership mode' - printing off info sheets, organising refreshments, planning how to set up the hall...(have told the Hall Committee that it is 'Pole Dancing for Beginners'😂 which raised a laugh!)

No idea how many people are likely to turn up - everyone that I have spoken to has seemed really keen (are they just humouring me 🤷‍♀️)

We will see, I just hope that it is fun...

• Like 5

Good luck for your inaugural meeting Lady Chairperson, have you knitted a ribbon to cut.    Will your group be knitting covers for postboxes in your area?

Seriously, Sunnyday, wishing you all the very best for tomorrow, no need to feel nervous, but that is just inspiration and adrenaline working - the powerful driving force we need. 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 10:57, sunnyday said:

Tomorrow sees the launch of my new 'Knit and Natter' group - I am feeling ridiculously nervous about this!

Have switched right back into 'leadership mode' - printing off info sheets, organising refreshments, planning how to set up the hall...(have told the Hall Committee that it is 'Pole Dancing for Beginners'😂 which raised a laugh!)

No idea how many people are likely to turn up - everyone that I have spoken to has seemed really keen (are they just humouring me 🤷‍♀️)

Sounds fab, which I could come along 😔 

• Like 1

Owwww I don't work Thursdays!   Best update my river crossing bank details!!! 🤣

Good Luck and have fun 😊

• Like 1

good luck ....those poles are quite tiny

(oh sorry didn't have my glasses on they are your kitting pins!)

• Like 1

Well - the pole dancing/knitting and nattering was great - 14 people turned up and the atmosphere was lovely - I purposely didn't advertise this group just relied on word of mouth, so 14 is not too bad at all...

We are embarking on a group project - a blanket of knitted squares which we will send to 'Knit for Peace'

Feel a bit 'phew'!!!

• Like 5

Well we had a two week half term and this week I have been living with Dad and being his full time career whilst my Mum got a well needed break to see the family in Kent.  She is home tomorrow so I will be “free” and there will be no TDL on Sunday! 
Sunnyday very glad to hear that your stitch and bitch Sorry I mean knit and natter went well. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

• Like 1

Britbox, anyone?   I've been watching their new drama Murder in Provence.   Think it's quite frothy - easy to watch, nice to see Roger Allam in it - always a safe pair of hands.  Quirky, amusing too,  Stunning scenery when we get to see it.    Also, quite nice to see older actors and actresses so popular back in the 80's - 90's showing up in it, bit of a who's who😂

On 04/03/2022 at 15:41, Panders said:

Britbox, anyone?   I've been watching their new drama Murder in Provence.   Think it's quite frothy - easy to watch, nice to see Roger Allam in it - always a safe pair of hands.  Quirky, amusing too,  Stunning scenery when we get to see it.    Also, quite nice to see older actors and actresses so popular back in the 80's - 90's showing up in it, bit of a who's who😂

Ah no we don't have Brit box

Sounds good though - enjoy

On 04/03/2022 at 15:23, zigzag said:

Well we had a two week half term and this week I have been living with Dad and being his full time career whilst my Mum got a well needed break to see the family in Kent.  She is home tomorrow so I will be “free” and there will be no TDL on Sunday! 
Sunnyday very glad to hear that your stitch and bitch Sorry I mean knit and natter went well. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Did you have two weeks now instead of three weeks at Easter?   We're just finishing a week early in July 😁

Hope the week went well with your dad.

On 05/03/2022 at 21:54, louby loo said:

Did you have two weeks now instead of three weeks at Easter?   We're just finishing a week early in July 😁

Hope the week went well with your dad.

Yes! It wasn’t so bad with Dad, only had to call 111 once. Just hard not being in your own home and having to work to a care routine that is like Groundhog Day. I knew it was hard, but until you live in someone else’s shoes you just never know the true extent of it. 

• Like 2

On 06/03/2022 at 15:48, zigzag said:

Yes! It wasn’t so bad with Dad, only had to call 111 once. Just hard not being in your own home and having to work to a care routine that is like Groundhog Day. I knew it was hard, but until you live in someone else’s shoes you just never know the true extent of it. 

Sending hugs xxx

What a lovely thing you have done in giving your mum a break

Friday again and a good week back for us. Three families with Covid but all agreed to my request of staying away, thank goodness. Have had an email from Ofsted to say they were trying to make contact (last week when we were closed) to arrange inspection. FINALLY! Last inspected in 2014 so you can imagine what the last few years have been like, living on tenterhooks. Hoping they will phone today and we can just get on and get it over with.  I’ve got a stinking cold and am meant to be going to watch Sarah Millican on Sunday, so hope to feel better by then. Happy Friday all.

• Like 3

On 11/03/2022 at 08:08, zigzag said:

Friday again and a good week back for us. Three families with Covid but all agreed to my request of staying away, thank goodness. Have had an email from Ofsted to say they were trying to make contact (last week when we were closed) to arrange inspection. FINALLY! Last inspected in 2014 so you can imagine what the last few years have been like, living on tenterhooks. Hoping they will phone today and we can just get on and get it over with.  I’ve got a stinking cold and am meant to be going to watch Sarah Millican on Sunday, so hope to feel better by then. Happy Friday all.

Oh zizag - good luck with everything x

• Like 1

As zigzag has said - Friday again - time still goes just as fast when you are a retired person!

Yesterday's 'Knit and Natter' was really good - less people, but I knew some could only attend sporadically, which is fine...anyway, lots of laughter and I'm so, so impressed with the amount of squares that people had knitted, an amazing effort

Hopefully we will be going to eldest son's house tomorrow for dinner - they will all test beforehand, in order to make it as safe as possible for Mr S...

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1