Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

15 hours ago, Panders said:

Have you got the correct foot on Cait?

12 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh no - we're not going back to Cait's webbed feet are we 🤦‍♀️🤣

1 hour ago, Panders said:

You'd have thought she would have completely dried out by now, she left wet and windy Cumbria a long time ago🤣

Yes, I checked that. 
Feet are back to normal now - if anything, they feel a bit dry!  

• Like 1

RANT ALERT!

why is it that prospective parents feel they can be really rude on the phone sometimes?? do they not know we might be looking after their children for the next 2 years! (actually i have now put a note on her file and may find a way of ignoring her application!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

RANT ALERT!

why is it that prospective parents feel they can be really rude on the phone sometimes?? do they not know we might be looking after their children for the next 2 years! (actually i have now put a note on her file and may find a way of ignoring her application!)

Oh no fm - grrrr - I did once say to a prospective parent who was giving me grief via email(s) because she wanted her child to start at an younger age than was my policy 'I am going to call an end to this now, if your daughter comes to me, it is extremely important that we have a good relationship' - it worked!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

RANT ALERT!

We had one on the phone yesterday and whilst she was polite she seemed to have real problem with the fact we couldn't  arrange our hours to sort her needs!😂 We're a term time session preschool.... she kept asking if she could bring the child early and collect early. 

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

Tis Friday!

How is everyone?

Lots of Covid in our lovely primary school again - Yr 6 is back in a 'bubble' situation - 17/30 in that year group are off with C-19...what an awful time they are having, I feel for them

Have discovered that there is someone who takes even longer than me to write a report 🤦‍♀️🤣  

Have the best weekend x

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Lots of Covid in our lovely primary school again - Yr 6 is back in a 'bubble' situation - 17/30 in that year group are off with C-19...what an awful time they are having, I feel for them

Oh that’s really not good!   It beggars belief that they’re saying children don’t need the masks on in school now.  Numbers are higher than when masks were introduced, for goodness sake.   I get the feeling that until one of these unfortunate children bring covid home and there’s a fatality in an MP’s household, then it’s not going to be taken seriously!   I really feel like they’ve now said ‘oh let them just get on with it, I’m bored of it all now” 

Edited by Cait
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Back to normality at work this week 😁 ... which means only working 3 days.

That's good to hear louby, I'm pleased for you

Have just seen DIL - now Covid in years 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 - that only leaves Reception and Y2 unaffected - youngest granddaughter is Y2 - roll on half-term...

• Confused 1

My DIL says her primary rife with it too and in a position where she is asking if she should take the girls out to home school for a bit.  They are due to go on a much wanted holiday to Finland on the 6th and are so worried they wont be able to go.

4 minutes ago, Panders said:

My DIL says her primary rife with it too and in a position where she is asking if she should take the girls out to home school for a bit.  They are due to go on a much wanted holiday to Finland on the 6th and are so worried they wont be able to go.

If it were me, I think my children wouldn't be well next week....... (although I would constantly be worrying about karma!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Oh that's so difficult...

• Like 1

On 27/01/2022 at 18:16, louby loo said:

We had one on the phone yesterday and whilst she was polite she seemed to have real problem with the fact we couldn't  arrange our hours to sort her needs!😂 We're a term time session preschool.... she kept asking if she could bring the child early and collect early. 

🤣 wonder if it was the same person I had, offered 2 days, came back with ‘that’s great, they’ll come alternate Tuesdays & Thursdays and arrive at 10am’ ….I don’t think so 🧐 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

🤣 wonder if it was the same person I had, offered 2 days, came back with ‘that’s great, they’ll come alternate Tuesdays & Thursdays and arrive at 10am’ ….I don’t think so 🧐 

🤣 .... and you can't blame  this sense of entitlement on the pandemic.  

We have another, highly educated parents, residing at a very affluent address- desperate for a place..... can they answer an email/ complete paperwork in a timely manner? NO!  A month passes since they request a place, another three weeks to answer the email  to the sessions offered 😩  I'm only being patient as she's a 3 year old rather than the influx of two-year olds we seem to have!   (and you should have seen the list of questions they emailed me - it was as if I was re-sitting my childcare exams all over again!!!)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Oh my actual goodness 🤦‍♀️

16 minutes ago, louby loo said:

🤣 .... and you can't blame  this sense of entitlement on the pandemic.  

We have another, highly educated parents, residing at a very affluent address- desperate for a place..... can they answer an email/ complete paperwork in a timely manner? NO!  A month passes since they request a place, another three weeks to answer the email  to the sessions offered 😩  I'm only being patient as she's a 3 year old rather than the influx of two-year olds we seem to have!   (and you should have seen the list of questions they emailed me - it was as if I was re-sitting my childcare exams all over again!!!)

...and oh my actual goodness 🤦‍♀️

I miss so much about pre-school but not that sort of cr*p, it honestly requires the patience of a saint at times

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I miss so much about pre-school but not that sort of cr*p, it honestly requires the patience of a saint at times

I think I've hit the point where I find it all a bit hilarious to be honest - I think it's the knowledge that at my age I can walk away now if I really wanted too.

I read somewhere about writing letters to parents and putting down what you really think... then change to ink to white so they can't see it but you know it's there!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, louby loo said:

I think I've hit the point where I find it all a bit hilarious to be honest - I think it's the knowledge that at my age I can walk away now if I really wanted too.

I read somewhere about writing letters to parents and putting down what you really think... then change to ink to white so they can't see it but you know it's there!🤣

There is that Louby!

I write my newsletters with my heart first and then go back and rewrite using my head (will probably get me hung one day) ….this weeks ‘heart’ was “for f*** s*** after nearly 2 years which part of if we send them home with symptoms they need a PCR test don’t you get?” 🤭

it’s all so exhausting, they should know the drill by now 🙄

• Like 3

On 03/02/2022 at 18:19, Froglet said:

Oh Sunnyday, everything is crossed for you.

That's very kind of you, thank you

I can't believe it, we have been so careful, I'm sure lots of people would think 'too careful'...we last looked after the two little grandchildren on Christmas Eve and they were both tested before they came to us...aside from that we have only seen them outside

We had a lovely time with him and then later in the day another mum told my DIL that there was a positive case at pre-school

Not worried for myself, just Mr S really...and, of course for our lovely grandson

On 03/02/2022 at 18:14, sunnyday said:

☹️ youngest grandson has tested positive - guess who looked after him yesterday...

Really hope you both remain negative. 🤞

It all just seems so random, seems each of my staff members that have tested positive - their partners haven't, and with one her two boys had it and she didn't get it from them.

Oh Sunnyday will be keeping everything  crossed that you and Mr S remain negative.  As for your comment about being too careful I really think you have been responsible and I wish more people still were being. It very much feels that everyone is acting like it’s all gone away.  We have had so many poorly children in pre-school this week. Coughing and spluttering everywhere, I now have a stinking cold and a staff member off poorly.  

On 03/02/2022 at 20:29, louby loo said:

Really hope you both remain negative. 🤞

It all just seems so random, seems each of my staff members that have tested positive - their partners haven't, and with one her two boys had it and she didn't get it from them.

Thank you louby - that's all quite reassuring

On 04/02/2022 at 07:53, zigzag said:

Oh Sunnyday will be keeping everything  crossed that you and Mr S remain negative.  As for your comment about being too careful I really think you have been responsible and I wish more people still were being. It very much feels that everyone is acting like it’s all gone away.  We have had so many poorly children in pre-school this week. Coughing and spluttering everywhere, I now have a stinking cold and a staff member off poorly.  

Thank you zigzag - you are right, it hasn't gone away at all

Hope that you feel better soon

How has the week been for everyone?  (sunnyday excused after her update yesterday)

Can't believe it another Friday and February to boot!

I was hoping I could get in a quick grass cut today- but windy, rainy and sleety here so that ship sailed.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 10:21, louby loo said:

I was hoping I could get in a quick grass cut today- but windy, rainy and sleety here so that ship sailed.

We have the same weather louby - a bit of a shock after all of the beautiful days we have enjoyed this week

Hope that the weekend is kind to all

(Half-term is in sight!)

• Like 1