Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

That looks more helpful Cait

Thank you all for thinking of my sister it is very kind...she had her procedure today, but they didn't find any blocked arteries and therefore didn't fit a stent. I'm not really sure yet what will happen next, I assume that they will continue to investigate why she had the heart attack

If anyone went back to work today I hope all went well x

I came on to see if you’d been able to update. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

That looks more helpful Cait

Thank you all for thinking of my sister it is very kind...she had her procedure today, but they didn't find any blocked arteries and therefore didn't fit a stent. I'm not really sure yet what will happen next, I assume that they will continue to investigate why she had the heart attack

If anyone went back to work today I hope all went well x

Hoping for a speedy diagnosis for your sister. 

I have a question for owners with Grandchildren that attend.

1) Do you charge them? Full rate or discounted? I've done a bill for my GD (which I'll pay anyway😂) - but my deputy has asked why I'm on earth  invoicing them as I own the place! Personally we are not-for-profit group and it feels wrong not to pay for her!

2) Keyworker, are you the key worker or a different member of staff?  I can understand not being the key worker if it's your child, but feel it's a bit different as the grandparent - but again I sort of know it shouldn't be me, but at the end of the day (literally) - I'll be the one telling mum/dad everything anyway as I'm the one taking her in and bringing her home for the rest of the day! 😂

• Like 1

I had all five of my grandchildren at pre-school, no charge

No I wasn't KP for any of them - but we were a very small group which might have made a difference - I particularly wanted them to make a strong relationship with staff so that they got some idea of being 'away' from family and always good to have someone else making progress assessments I think

42 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

No I wasn't KP for any of them - but we were a very small group which might have made a difference - I particularly wanted them to make a strong relationship with staff so that they got some idea of being 'away' from family and always good to have someone else making progress assessments I think

Good point. 😊  We're only quite small too. I don't actually have any key-children now anyway- I'm the cover for them all if key-person is off etc.

Hello - tis Friday!

How is everyone?

Update on my sister - alarming news that she has blood clots (plural) on her lungs - apparently that is why she had the heart attack - her inability to breathe put too much strain on her heart...but unbelievably she is coming home today, complete with her blood thinning/anti-coagulant meds and a heart monitor. Se suffers terribly with Rheumatoid Arthritis and she has been having a 'flare' which has made it so painful for her to walk apparently being so immobile can cause these clots to form...anyway good news that she is being released and thank you all for your great support x

In other news - we managed to have a family get together last night for our eldest granddaughter's birthday - my DIL ran things with military precision in order to make this as safe as possible for Mr S - everyone had to test and I'm not sure who it is that she doesn't trust because she wanted photographic evidence 🤷‍♀️🤣 anyway a brilliant time was had by all

I do hope that all who have returned to work have had a smooth start 

Happy weekend x

• Like 2

Wow, Sunnyday it sounds like your sister has been lucky! I hope she continues to make a good recovery.Glad you got a family get together at last, and your DIL sounds like a very sensible lady! 
Good start back, everyone so happy to literally run in on Tuesday. Five off poorly today though! Colds, coughs and sick bug! So another term starting with illness! Hope it does not develop into anything more!

• Like 1

Hope fully all well Sunnyda now your sister is in the system and hopefully getting sorted. 😊

We all did LFT before visiting my sister-in-laws, I sent our photo's but she didn't ask us to 😊.  Glad you were able to have a good meet up, it funny how such simple things are now becoming such a pleasure.

If covid has done one good thing - it is the 'getting back to basics' we now seem to enjoy more. 

• Like 1

Hi, a bit of a different POV.  When we had a staff child in preschool, the staff member paid the normal rate for her son.   One of the other members of staff complained that if she didn’t pay, it could be seen that she was getting paid extra.   I wasn’t happy with it, but as staff member was very happy to pay, I felt I had to let it go.   I did slide some extra sessions under the radar and ‘miss them off’ her monthly bill 🤭

• Like 2

I’m afraid I can’t help at all FM. Hope you get some answers to your questions.

Do any of you read Anne of Green Gables? Well tonight I’m channeling her in two quotes…

”It has been such a Jonah day!”

and

”Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.”

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Froglet said:

I’m afraid I can’t help at all FM. Hope you get some answers to your questions.

Do any of you read Anne of Green Gables? Well tonight I’m channeling her in two quotes…

”It has been such a Jonah day!”

and

”Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.”

I know only too well what context you’re coming from there.   As a staunch lover of the Anne books, I’ve used those quotes myself.   
let’s hope today is a much better one! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cait said:

I know only too well what context you’re coming from there.   As a staunch lover of the Anne books, I’ve used those quotes myself.   
let’s hope today is a much better one! 

Well, it wasn’t a Jonah day but it has not been a good one. Serious behaviour incident with a child which has left me feeling somewhat wobbly.

• Sad 3

15 hours ago, Froglet said:

Well, it wasn’t a Jonah day but it has not been a good one. Serious behaviour incident with a child which has left me feeling somewhat wobbly.

I hope today is a better day for you x. 

• Like 1

Hello - tis Friday again!

How is everyone?

Nothing exciting to report from here - weather has been incredible for the last few days, cold and frosty starts which have given way to the most beautiful sunny days (!) perfect for walking

I'm thinking that I might start some sort of 'Knit and Natter' group - what I would really like is for someone else to start it and I could just join in - that's not going to happen, so I need to decide if I want to do it myself hmmm (that's me thinking!)

Have a lovely weekend - step away from TDLs if you possibly can x

Well exciting news   number 3 son has picked up keys to his first flat today.   He has no furniture - due to be delivered in 10-12 weeks 😱  he has a blow up bed and a sleeping bag 🤣  Soooo pleased for him,

I am due to complete on the sale of my mum's old house on Monday, fingers crossed for that one.

Call it a stitch and bitch Sunnyday they'll flock in  If you weren't quite so far away I would come along too.   You could have a Tic Tok or Youtube channel.

• Like 3

Well what a week!  

Turns out last week on our return- a family had covid - but decided to send child in anyway (without telling us!)..... bet you can guess were this is going! 😩    Anyway, I've had to work all week and not my normal 3 days.  Could have been worse I suppose, but we got through the week.

My longest serving member of staff has had to hand her notice in to become a carer for her husband 😢  It's so sad as we really are her 'sanity escape' time, I really hope she doesn't suffer mentally- we are keeping the doors open for her though.

Anyway we've laughed and cried this week - and just glad it's over now.

Sunnyday I'd love to join your knit and natter group.  We do have one in our local library, but I fear I might upset the group dynamics if I joined- as apparently is more a 'moan and groan' group😂

Panda - does that mean you can have a craft room now?😁😂

Have a good weekend everyone

• Like 2

Did you see the nursery on BBC news today talking about about closures etc.  very interesting, but Government position still the same.    Parents are dead sneaky when it comes to sending the children in - not fair - they are young enough (the parents) to not always take it seriously.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well what a week!  

Turns out last week on our return- a family had covid - but decided to send child in anyway (without telling us!)..... bet you can guess were this is going! 😩    Anyway, I've had to work all week and not my normal 3 days.  Could have been worse I suppose, but we got through the week.

My longest serving member of staff has had to hand her notice in to become a carer for her husband 😢  It's so sad as we really are her 'sanity escape' time, I really hope she doesn't suffer mentally- we are keeping the doors open for her though.

Anyway we've laughed and cried this week - and just glad it's over now.

Sunnyday I'd love to join your knit and natter group.  We do have one in our local library, but I fear I might upset the group dynamics if I joined- as apparently is more a 'moan and groan' group😂

Panda - does that mean you can have a craft room now?😁😂

Have a good weekend everyone

Oh crikey louby that really is quite a week for you I really hope that you can enjoy this weekend and that next week is a lot easier

Ah 'moan and groan' - I couldn't bear that - it is that sort of thing that bothers me + I really don't want to 'lead' anything - I will carry on thinking for a bit longer...

• Haha 1

A Covid man down this week so a week in ratio and not much of my work done, thankfully I’d done a fair bit the last week of the hols in case it happened so not too stressed, 🤞 for a full team next week….I’m sure everyone else just think your job magically does it’s self when you have to cover  🧐 

Thankfully all the chn seem well this week and some confident new starters, one is already a concern 😔 

Who read the vanishing Ofsted notification document? 😖

Have a restful weekend all.

7 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

A Covid man down this week so a week in ratio and not much of my work done, thankfully I’d done a fair bit the last week of the hols in case it happened so not too stressed, 🤞 for a full team next week….I’m sure everyone else just think your job magically does it’s self when you have to cover  🧐 

Thankfully all the chn seem well this week and some confident new starters, one is already a concern 😔 

Have a restful weekend all.

Ah 'the vanishing Ofsted notification document' Twitter was alive with news about that - but no I hadn't read it - was it something about notifying them about changes in staff circumstances or am I on the wrong track?

Speaking of Twitter - is anyone else following 'Geoff and Margaret' @retirementales - it is a 'spoof' thing and is very funny - Margaret has left her care home to answer the call for retired teachers to boost the school workforce 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just been chatting to eldest son about various things, he then said "are you walking tomorrow", I said "yes of course" apparently he is going to call for me at 10 and we are going on a 5k walk together 🤦‍♀️ wish me luck - I often do 3k but 5k is a bit of a stretch...oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained 🙃

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Panders said:

Did you see the nursery on BBC news today talking about about closures etc.  very interesting, but Government position still the same.    Parents are dead sneaky when it comes to sending the children in - not fair - they are young enough (the parents) to not always take it seriously.

Ooops sorry my little black and white furry friend - I missed your post - I only caught the end of that item hope they repeat it later

17 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I'd printed it off... this was one of our laughing moments this week (the tears where when I first read it!)

As a team we drafted our 'notify ofsted report'  😂😂😂  I ripped the document up in the end- wish I'd kept if for the sheer entertainment value of it!

• Haha 2