Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

54 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

No I haven't tried bamboo...yes I prefer short needles too...have never tried circular, hmm perhaps I should...

I do quite like them.  Not so good in summer if you’re doing something big, as all the work is in your lap continually.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

How can it be ok now to test within 7 days of testing positive but before today it was ‘don’t test for 90 days’ 🤷‍♀️

It is all hard to understand Mousie - my son was still testing positive when his ten day isolation finished 🤷‍♀️

Government are panicking in my humble, they know that there might soon be far too many people isolating

But anyway great news for young froglet

• Like 2

Think they are implying that the viral load would be quite low and that if you are careful and keep your distance blah blah it would be acceptable for you to return to something like normality.  And as Sunnyday says, too many people isolating would bring too much to a standstill so its manipulated this time to work in that favour

As you know Mr S is CEV - he has had an email to say that he will receive a PCR test to keep here in case it's needed, this would be followed up by quick access to the new anti-viral drugs if the test was positive...I honestly don't know how I feel about that, obviously it's a 'good thing' but it also serves as a 'warning' that this is set to get worse...

This time last year the Government sent all CEV peeps a years supply of Vitamin D - wonder if they will do that again - I take them anyway so I will just share with him once his run out - actually I think it was January this year which figures as he reckons he probably has about 25 left

Sheesh - it's hard to believe that we are back in/still in this awful situation

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, sunnyday said:

As you know Mr S is CEV - he has had an email to say that he will receive a PCR test to keep here in case it's needed, this would be followed up by quick access to the new anti-viral drugs if the test was positive...I honestly don't know how I feel about that, obviously it's a 'good thing' but it also serves as a 'warning' that this is set to get worse...

This time last year the Government sent all CEV peeps a years supply of Vitamin D - wonder if they will do that again - I take them anyway so I will just share with him once his run out - actually I think it was January this year which figures as he reckons he probably has about 25 left

Sheesh - it's hard to believe that we are back in/still in this awful situation

Zebedee’s had one too ……

Edited by Cait

Sunnyday and Cait, I really feel for you and Zebedee and Mr S. I will be hoping and hoping that you don’t have to use them.

The change in isolation doesn’t make much sense to me either, even though it is to my advantage in this case. Other than Christmas Day I won’t really be taking advantage of it. I have had things very mildly - in general I have felt worse for the last 6 weeks when I’ve had a cold and then my asthma was playing up (repeated negative LFTs).

Plus I can see how things come and go - I felt great yesterday, this afternoon I am about to crash and fall asleep again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

The change in isolation doesn’t make much sense to me either, even though it is to my advantage in this case. Other than Christmas Day I won’t really be taking advantage of it. I have had things very mildly - in general I have felt worse for the last 6 weeks when I’ve had a cold and then my asthma was playing up (repeated negative LFTs).

I am really pleased for you as you are so close and loving with your family, and we've all worked so hard this term to have a fallen at the last hurdle was so awful for you, you must be so excited now. 😊        However as you say it makes no sense 😳 I've just had an email from our LA- wishing us a merry Christmas .... and reminding us that staff that have tested positive must not do the regular LFTs for at least 90 days!!    I guess the science is they can give a false positive rather than a false negative though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Merry Christmas to all our Readers!     Hope 2022 is healthy and happy for all.  What time is acceptable to start on the mum milk? (Baileys)😂

Well, I only just discovered this yesterday 🙀 

I'm not really a great drinker, and I've always thought it sounded pretty awful- but I was given a bottle by my staff... well.... cheers everyone's all I can say!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Thank you Mousie

Tis Friday and tis Christmas Eve (where would you all be without me to tell you these important facts😂)

Sending all good wishes for Christmas x

I would be completely lost!

I’m doing a big house cleaning and tidying before bringing the tree in to decorate at 3pm along with the festival of 9 lessons and carols. 

It’s a truly dreich day today so I’m looking forward to getting the fires on and candles lit and embracing cosiness!

Avery merry Christmas to all of you!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 3

We have had a lovely afternoon with our two youngest grandchildren - they are very excited!

When my son dropped them off he said "they've both been tested and they're fine", granddaughter added "and we both cried"☹️ I don't think I like this 'new normal'...

Anyway I can let you know that Santa was last spotted over India, yes we have been tracking him on Norad 😉

• Like 4

Anyone watch A Very British Scandal?     Not sure why I kept watching, it wasn't an enjoyable watch in any shape or form.   I was intrigued by a story I kind of knew about from references in the press over the years etc., but really didn't take any interest in.   With Claire Foy in the title role I thought I would watch - bit too soon after playing the Queen really - same sort of era - shocking the way the male establishment treated the real Duchess, but some of her little tricks if they are to be believed because there was artistic licence here, were a bit mean but in a way understandable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Panders said:

Anyone watch A Very British Scandal?     Not sure why I kept watching, it wasn't an enjoyable watch in any shape or form.   I was intrigued by a story I kind of knew about from references in the press over the years etc., but really didn't take any interest in.   With Claire Foy in the title role I thought I would watch - bit too soon after playing the Queen really - same sort of era - shocking the way the male establishment treated the real Duchess, but some of her little tricks if they are to be believed because there was artistic licence here, were a bit mean but in a way understandable.

I need to re-watch the last part - I seem to be left with more questions than answers...

How did Christmas work out for everyone?

We had Christmas Day with oldest son, DIL, children and other family - it was just lovely

Boxing Day plans were cancelled - we were meant to be at youngest son's house, DIL had a positive LFT on Christmas Eve, she went off straight away for a PCR, no symptoms to speak off, she repeated LFT on Christmas Day and Boxing Day they were negative...we couldn't take any chances because of Mr S, anyway, long story short her PCR was positive (result received 27/12) so correct decision on our part (she is fine, thankfully) not sure why she had those negative LFTs, might be that her viral load was 'small', no idea really...

• Like 2

Sorry been a bit quiet...Xmas day just 3 of us. Youngest and her fiancée were supposed to be here boxing day but his family all tested positive after spending the day with them so everything cancelled as seeing MIL and SIL for 27/28th. Quiet day today then off to my brothers tomorrow..so a bit of cooking to be done as I have said ill bring pud...now just have to decide what to do ! 🤣

• Like 3