Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 10/09/2021 at 21:04, zigzag said:

Well I am exhausted, I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve only worked one whole day and 3 half days but am physically and mentally done in.   All children have returned so happily, literally running in the door each morning which is fab. Three new children, two settled without any upset and it’s like they have always been with us. The third is a little boy who I will be asking for some advice about from you wise people in the next couple of days. (My mind is too frazzled to put my concerns into words now)

My house is covered in a thin layer of plaster dust EVERYWHERE, you can’t get in the shed very easily to get to the freezer because of tools and wood and my greenhouse is full of new bathroom items. Having to use the outside toilet each time (and get dived boned by Daddy long legs) and then going to my sons to use his shower each day.  It’s totally out of routine and out of my control which I find incredibly hard! If I don’t have a useable bathroom by next Friday, I am leaving home!

Worried about my dear old Dad, as he has the best carers that come in four times a day and he has formed such close relationships with them all, but sadly someone from the company is leaving to start their own company and a lot of the staff are going with them. Dad is beside himself and so unsettled that he will not only miss them but have to get used to new people. It’s very upsetting, as these amazing people have made how his life is now, so much more bearable. Felt very sad today as there is literally nothing I can do to make it better or ok for him. 

Is it possible to move him to the new company so he can continue to have the same carers (or mostly the same) ?

17 hours ago, Panders said:

6  year old granddaughter positive lateral flow this evening - she was here yesterday😞.  Just a mild sore throat atm apparently

Yikes.  Sending healthy vibes your way.  Have you take LF tests yourselves this morning? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Not yet 😱

My own six year old granddaughter has just been here - she calls in most days when she is walking home from school - when she left I said "give me kisses", which I quickly followed up with "oh we had better only do cheek kisses" as I thought of you and your little one

How is she today?

• Like 1

No worse thank you Sunnyday - my d-i-l gives both the girls LFT's every day!  So was surprised when this one turned positive.  She said granddaughter had been close with a little boy who had turned positive a few days before though.   I'm more surprised at how quickly it becomes active - brewing time doesn't seem to be very long, considering how long people have been told to isolate, or am I being stupid?  Apparently years 2 3 and 6 pretty much all in trouble with it.  Close family advised by Track and Trace to do PCR's, which is all in hand.    To be fair, I was hugging and in closer contact with the 10 year old sister because we were talking about the Kent Test she had taken a couple of days before.  6 year old I gave a squeeze and a kiss on top of her head before she left!   BUT, she did use my ipad😲

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panders said:

No worse thank you Sunnyday - my d-i-l gives both the girls LFT's every day!  So was surprised when this one turned positive.  She said granddaughter had been close with a little boy who had turned positive a few days before though.   I'm more surprised at how quickly it becomes active - brewing time doesn't seem to be very long, considering how long people have been told to isolate, or am I being stupid?  Apparently years 2 3 and 6 pretty much all in trouble with it.  Close family advised by Track and Trace to do PCR's, which is all in hand.    To be fair, I was hugging and in closer contact with the 10 year old sister because we were talking about the Kent Test she had taken a couple of days before.  6 year old I gave a squeeze and a kiss on top of her head before she left!   BUT, she did use my ipad😲

Hoping she stay mild, and you and Mr Panders escape it.

My deputy's two teenage sons had it, and the rest of the family stayed clear (mum/dad/younger sibling) It helped that the boys were more than happy to be banished to their rooms with their playstations, whilst being fed snacks throughout the day!

• Like 2

Just now, louby loo said:

Hoping she stay mild, and you and Mr Panders escape it.

My deputy's two teenage sons had it, and the rest of the family stayed clear (mum/dad/younger sibling) It helped that the boys were more than happy to be banished to their rooms with their playstations, whilst being fed snacks throughout the day!

Every teenagers dream I should imagine. (Actually thinking I wouldn’t mind ten days of that either)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Panders said:

Granddaughters' school appeared on BBC local news this evening - Headteacher looked a little frazzled!

I saw that and wondered if it was your granddaughters school - what did she say 23% of children affected? Sheesh if I heard that correctly that is some scary number

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Panders said:

yes that was the one - thought she looked a little flustered trying to do the maths, working out how many children that would be 😱

🤣🤣🤣 Yes I noticed that too...but seriously, poor woman, what a position to be in

I don't know what's going on at our primary except that they had two y6 children out with it last week

Wonder what our glorious leader will have to say for himself at tomorrows briefing - well besides 'waffle, waffle, folks, alas, waffle, waffle'🤦‍♀️😝

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Granddaughters' school appeared on BBC local news this evening - Headteacher looked a little frazzled!

I have to say I have never felt so disallusioned [?s] with the preschool as I do at the moment.  last term I was so worried about Ofsted.... and now I actually feel just come and do your worst and I can close the place - I really don't care at the moment, it's simply not worth the stress and frazzelment.

It's sad, but I feel ground down. We seem to have no support from the LA, Senco has gone totally to pot- I wouldn't know were to look now for support if we needed it!!    Our parents are wonderful and I/we do it for them, but I'm sure they'd soon move on if we did close.

I have however bought myself a weighted blanked and I do seem to sleep better at nights now .... or maybe it's my don't give a $***** attitude about ofsted that's helping me sleep. 🤣🤣

(staff aren't helping at the moment either- I've had two moaning all morning about how cold they were!!!!!!!, I swear I'm going to buy the most unflattering thick tracksuit bottoms and make them wear them!)

Rant over. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I have to say I have never felt so disallusioned [?s] with the preschool as I do at the moment.  last term I was so worried about Ofsted.... and now I actually feel just come and do your worst and I can close the place - I really don't care at the moment, it's simply not worth the stress and frazzelment.

It's sad, but I feel ground down. We seem to have no support from the LA, Senco has gone totally to pot- I wouldn't know were to look now for support if we needed it!!    Our parents are wonderful and I/we do it for them, but I'm sure they'd soon move on if we did close.

I have however bought myself a weighted blanked and I do seem to sleep better at nights now .... or maybe it's my don't give a $***** attitude about ofsted that's helping me sleep. 🤣🤣

(staff aren't helping at the moment either- I've had two moaning all morning about how cold they were!!!!!!!, I swear I'm going to buy the most unflattering thick tracksuit bottoms and make them wear them!)

Rant over. 

Oh louby - big, big hug xxx

I don't know what to suggest that might help...

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

Rant over. 

louby - I found myself thinking about you this morning

Can you contact your advisor at LA and request a visit to discuss your 'worries'?

15 hours ago, sunnyday said:

🤣

Wonder what our glorious leader will have to say for himself at tomorrows briefing - well besides 'waffle, waffle, folks, alas, waffle, waffle'🤦‍♀️😝

I just heard that his mum has died.  

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

Rant over. 

That’s really sad.  I can remember that feeling only too well. 😢. Look after yourself, my friend, and know that we are all here for your rants, as you all were for mine - except I had to be circumspect as one of my staff was also on here! 😳😳

• Like 1

I echo Cait's post and Sunnydays.   I think it all hits home when you feel that you are "carrying" the pre-school on your shoulders only, so many people rely upon you - whereas staff don't always feel that responsibility, many could just walk away if they felt like it.    

Try Sunnyday's suggestion see if you can get your LA to engage properly with you before making any big decisions.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

louby - I found myself thinking about you this morning

Can you contact your advisor at LA and request a visit to discuss your 'worries'?

3 hours ago, Cait said:

That’s really sad.  I can remember that feeling only too well. 😢. Look after yourself, my friend, and know that we are all here for your rants, as you all were for mine - except I had to be circumspect as one of my staff was also on here! 😳😳

3 hours ago, Panders said:

I echo Cait's post and Sunnydays.   I think it all hits home when you feel that you are "carrying" the pre-school on your shoulders only, so many people rely upon you - whereas staff don't always feel that responsibility, many could just walk away if they felt like it.    

Try Sunnyday's suggestion see if you can get your LA to engage properly with you before making any big decisions.

Thank you everyone,  😘 feel a bit better today .... think I'm just envious of all you retirees ! 🤣.  

Off out this evening  for a catch with an old friend so we can 'offload' on each other :) 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Thank you everyone,  😘 feel a bit better today .... think I'm just envious of all you retirees ! 🤣.  

Off out this evening  for a catch with an old friend so we can 'offload' on each other :) 

Have a lovely evening!

• Like 2

Ahh Louby Lou, so sorry you are having a difficult time. I’ve decided running a pre-school is like being on a rollercoaster, lots of ups but also many downs as well. My intention on returning to school was to stop letting it take over my life. I’ve decided one afternoon will be put over to admin and Tapestry and that’s that! (🥴not sure how long that will last) It just seems a never ending TDL. I hope you feel better about things soon. Xx

• Like 2

This is all to much without anyone supporting us, I hope those having a tough time are finding a way through it, today has been spent mostly reporting positive cases, a local school has been hit quite hard (student attending from a positive household), we have a handful of younger siblings and everyone of them has tested positive (slight temps if anything but all fine otherwise) thankfully not all have been in as we stuck to the ‘need a negative PCR test first’, after 18 months of not really being touched by it this has come hard and the stress level has ramped another notch but a parent emailed this evening, not a parent I would have expected, to ask if I was ok as this must be so stressful to manage…..not my committee or staff in 18 months have asked that ….the little things make a huge difference 😌

stay strong x

• Like 5

I am coming to the rapid conclusion that the government have decided that the only way to 'protect' us is for us to all get covid....therefore they have decided that education is a great way to super spread the virus. We have children walking around our local settings who's parents are positive and really poorly. Surely they should all have a negative test before returning ! It seems to me that the government forget that these children are taught by adults who can be really poorly from this 😪

Edited by finleysmaid
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

I am coming to the rapid conclusion that the government have decided that the only way to 'protect' us is for us to all get covid....therefore they have decided that education is a great way to super spread the virus. We have children walking around our local settings who's parents are positive and really poorly. Surely they should all have a negative test before returning ! It seems to me that the government forget that these children are taught by adults who can be really poorly from this 😪

I fear that you are completely right there fm