Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

20 hours ago, zigzag said:

We had a fab first day, they literally ran in as soon as the door opened and started playing. Two newbies settled happily without much support as well. Long May it continue!  We have had rubbish weather lately and today was beautiful! 

we have had three newbies so far (one set of twins) who have all settled really well although the twins have struggled staying all day and have to be checked that they haven't fallen asleep in the garden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

we started last week with the 'old' ones then one new starter every session for about the next 2 weeks! interesting lot so far feel that they may be quite a stubborn group...perhaps because they have not had anyone else apart from parents telling them what to do??!! 😂 slowly slowly catchy monkey!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zigzag said:

So how are you finding retirement so far Sunnyday? 

Ah, thank you for asking, I am loving it, I did have a little wobble on Monday when I knew that it was all going on without me but that was short-lived 🤣 it was definitely the right decision, I feel very chilled, I don't think that I truly appreciated how stressful it had become - not the day to day stuff with the children, I could have done that for years yet, but dealing with LA who were/are so flippin' demanding and unsupportive, they need to take a long hard at their operations in my humble...an added bonus is no more training, oh and of course no more Ofsted!

So, yes, retirement is great, I can recommend it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Ah, thank you for asking, I am loving it, I did have a little wobble on Monday when I knew that it was all going on without me but that was short-lived 🤣 it was definitely the right decision, I feel very chilled, I don't think that I truly appreciated how stressful it had become - not the day to day stuff with the children, I could have done that for years yet, but dealing with LA who were/are so flippin' demanding and unsupportive, they need to take a long hard at their operations in my humble...an added bonus is no more training, oh and of course no more Ofsted!

So, yes, retirement is great, I can recommend it!

glad it is going well for you sunnyday - will seem even nicer once the rain and cold weather appear 🤣.

• Like 1

Honestly this beggars belief - have told my pre-school insurers that I have retired and no longer need cover - 2 x emails, 1 phone conversation...they have just rung again to tell me that my insurance cover expires today and that I should renew without delay 🤦‍♀️ seriously how do these people keep their jobs 🤷‍♀️

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Panders said:

I don't remember having problems with that at all, and I had a considerable claim go in a couple of weeks before the end of term and my retirement due to a small fire in the garden and a fence being destroyed

Goodness my little black and white furry friend that sounds a bit 'exciting'!

I guess for us it helped that preschool had its own phone so all our contacts came on that or through the preschool email address.  So when I left, I just handed the phone over.  In the early days it was my own email address, and I STILL get the odd email even now!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Goodness my little black and white furry friend that sounds a bit 'exciting'!

Yes, to my unending shame, my fault but thankfully no children or staff on the premises or in the garden when it happened.   We had had a BBQ in the garden that morning and it just started up again at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, it hadn't been extinguished properly - I do remember getting  distracted - as you do - shepherding all the children back indoors and getting on with the session - getting ready for some going home etc.    Too many things running through the old grey matter at that time with the closure, end of term etc.    Just excuses at the end of the day

• Sad 1

Crumbs panders, sometimes there is just to much to think about at once 😵💫

Hope everyone’s first week is going better than mine, it feels like we’re about to hit Friday number 4 not the first of the term 🙈 one staff positive as we were due to start back, 2 positive households, thankfully we had included negative PCR test  score a child can return or a child would have been in for 2 days already and did then test positive too, small town so everyone knows and now getting ‘if that child is coming mine isn’t’ emails.

it’s going to be a long term, does anyone know if we have to report positive cases to anyone if the child hasn’t actually been in yet since the summer holidays?

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Yes, to my unending shame, my fault but thankfully no children or staff on the premises or in the garden when it happened.   We had had a BBQ in the garden that morning and it just started up again at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, it hadn't been extinguished properly - I do remember getting  distracted - as you do - shepherding all the children back indoors and getting on with the session - getting ready for some going home etc.    Too many things running through the old grey matter at that time with the closure, end of term etc.    Just excuses at the end of the day

That could have happened to any of us

23 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Crumbs panders, sometimes there is just to much to think about at once 😵💫

Hope everyone’s first week is going better than mine, it feels like we’re about to hit Friday number 4 not the first of the term 🙈 one staff positive as we were due to start back, 2 positive households, thankfully we had included negative PCR test  score a child can return or a child would have been in for 2 days already and did then test positive too, small town so everyone knows and now getting ‘if that child is coming mine isn’t’ emails.

it’s going to be a long term, does anyone know if we have to report positive cases to anyone if the child hasn’t actually been in yet since the summer holidays?

Oh Mousie a big virtual hug x

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh Mousie a big virtual hug x

Thank you sunnyday, so pleased we stood our ground on the neg PCR test (parent was not happy, kept wanting to know where it said that in the guidance), I am actually thinking of just changing it to they aren’t coming, there is no way a parent is isolating from a small child if they’ve stayed in the same house. 

22 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thank you sunnyday, so pleased we stood our ground on the neg PCR test (parent was not happy, kept wanting to know where it said that in the guidance), I am actually thinking of just changing it to they aren’t coming, there is no way a parent is isolating from a small child if they’ve stayed in the same house. 

That's the only sensible thing to do in my humble

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Morning all - happy Friday!

Expensive Friday!!   Why is it when I have a day off I end up spending a lot of money 😂

Other than that, the week went well.  So far the newbies have all settled well, and the 'angry' two year old (I think I mentioned her last week) has decided she loves us all after all - and now comes in happy and smiling each morning 😊.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Expensive Friday!!   Why is it when I have a day off I end up spending a lot of money 😂

Other than that, the week went well.  So far the newbies have all settled well, and the 'angry' two year old (I think I mentioned her last week) has decided she loves us all after all - and now comes in happy and smiling each morning 😊.

Oh what have you been buying?

59 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh what have you been buying?

Put it this way, I only have one grandchild......... I should NOT take her out shopping! 😂  I can't help it I spoil her rotten 😳  New shoes, and a winter coat, so at least they're sensible purchase (oh, and fluffy cushion she fell in love with to go on her bed here! 🤣)

• Like 3

Well I am exhausted, I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve only worked one whole day and 3 half days but am physically and mentally done in.   All children have returned so happily, literally running in the door each morning which is fab. Three new children, two settled without any upset and it’s like they have always been with us. The third is a little boy who I will be asking for some advice about from you wise people in the next couple of days. (My mind is too frazzled to put my concerns into words now)

My house is covered in a thin layer of plaster dust EVERYWHERE, you can’t get in the shed very easily to get to the freezer because of tools and wood and my greenhouse is full of new bathroom items. Having to use the outside toilet each time (and get dived boned by Daddy long legs) and then going to my sons to use his shower each day.  It’s totally out of routine and out of my control which I find incredibly hard! If I don’t have a useable bathroom by next Friday, I am leaving home!

Worried about my dear old Dad, as he has the best carers that come in four times a day and he has formed such close relationships with them all, but sadly someone from the company is leaving to start their own company and a lot of the staff are going with them. Dad is beside himself and so unsettled that he will not only miss them but have to get used to new people. It’s very upsetting, as these amazing people have made how his life is now, so much more bearable. Felt very sad today as there is literally nothing I can do to make it better or ok for him. 

• Sad 1

oh dear Zigzag yes carers are very important - my mum was really attached to 3 over her long years in a care home, they made a lot of difference to her but one by one they moved on.    I'm thinking these carers with there new company won't be in a position to continue to help.    Would be good if new people could be introduced gradually making up a new team as previous ones begin to go, or perhaps as we would in the nursery world have good hand over notes and a chat.

I used to hate our outside loo when I was a little girl, especially when it was dark - I used to leave all the lights on the back door open etc. sing all sorts of things.   Fingers crossed your husband and friend (?) get it finished soon now so you can have a good old flush!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Panders said:

oh dear Zigzag yes carers are very important - my mum was really attached to 3 over her long years in a care home, they made a lot of difference to her but one by one they moved on.    I'm thinking these carers with there new company won't be in a position to continue to help.    Would be good if new people could be introduced gradually making up a new team as previous ones begin to go, or perhaps as we would in the nursery world have good hand over notes and a chat.

I used to hate our outside loo when I was a little girl, especially when it was dark - I used to leave all the lights on the back door open etc. sing all sorts of things.   Fingers crossed your husband and friend (?) get it finished soon now so you can have a good old flush!

Sadly the ones in the office who are setting up the new company, despite them happy to work their notice and train others up the boss has told them to go straight away. Seems he may be cutting off his nose to spite his face. The carers that are going with them have also been told to go straight away. It’s so sad, they are such a fabulous company and the carers are truly wonderful people, we have been so lucky to have them. 

My husband has been told that if the bathroom is not 100% finished by next weekend then he will not be going back to work on the Monday😬. I’m sure it will be, him and his brother are doing a great job.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zigzag said:

Well I am exhausted, I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve only worked one whole day and 3 half days but am physically and mentally done in.   All children have returned so happily, literally running in the door each morning which is fab. Three new children, two settled without any upset and it’s like they have always been with us. The third is a little boy who I will be asking for some advice about from you wise people in the next couple of days. (My mind is too frazzled to put my concerns into words now)

My house is covered in a thin layer of plaster dust EVERYWHERE, you can’t get in the shed very easily to get to the freezer because of tools and wood and my greenhouse is full of new bathroom items. Having to use the outside toilet each time (and get dived boned by Daddy long legs) and then going to my sons to use his shower each day.  It’s totally out of routine and out of my control which I find incredibly hard! If I don’t have a useable bathroom by next Friday, I am leaving home!

Worried about my dear old Dad, as he has the best carers that come in four times a day and he has formed such close relationships with them all, but sadly someone from the company is leaving to start their own company and a lot of the staff are going with them. Dad is beside himself and so unsettled that he will not only miss them but have to get used to new people. It’s very upsetting, as these amazing people have made how his life is now, so much more bearable. Felt very sad today as there is literally nothing I can do to make it better or ok for him. 

Oh zigzag that all sounds so tough - the biggest possible virtual hug to you and your lovely dad xxx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cait said:

She won!  Absolutely amazing!  She seems to have come from nowhere!   

Phew! Thought it was just me watching 😂 what a match, both young women played so well, what a result, good commentary too I wasn't tempted even once to turn the sound off 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Panders said:

6  year old granddaughter positive lateral flow this evening - she was here yesterday😞.  Just a mild sore throat atm apparently

Oh no, I do hope that she is okay and that she hasn't passed it on to you and Mr Panders...this is not over by a long shot is it