Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

10 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Sunnyday is this your last day???????

Yes fm - I have retired!

I am completely overwhelmed by the generosity of parents past and present and can't believe he level of 'scheming' that has been going on without me noticing 🤦‍♀️

As far as I knew we were just finishing with our usual end of term picnic, but no, lots of extras had been arranged, including a visit from our primary school headteacher, reception class teacher and several TA's who brought some of my 'old' children with them...how amazing!

My deputy and I have been gifted a super bench each for our gardens - these were made by a local craftsman and are completely bespoke, I will try and get a photo tomorrow, also a willow tree and a 'retirement rose', numerous bouquets, retirement balloons, garden vouchers and a memory book for each of us...

One of our 'old' children who is now in her twenties had written a speech that she read to us - this chronicled our many years of running the pre-school...

We have been thoroughly spoiled and both feel so loved

How lucky are we?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Yes fm - I have retired!

I am completely overwhelmed by the generosity of parents past and present and can't believe he level of 'scheming' that has been going on without me noticing 🤦‍♀️

You are obviously well respected in your community - you desevered to be spoilt 😊

Have a good retirement - but please remind me of the things that need to be on my TDL !!  I'm seriously going to miss your input!😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

You are obviously well respected in your community - you desevered to be spoilt 😊

Have a good retirement - but please remind me of the things that need to be on my TDL !!  I'm seriously going to miss your input!😳

That's very kind louby

I will try and find last years summer TDL for you 🤣

Have just received an e card from a 'teacher for the deaf' that I have worked closely with this past year in support of a darling little boy who is hearing impaired - how kind of her to send that...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Yes fm - I have retired!

As far as I knew we were just finishing with our usual end of term picnic, but no, lots of extras had been arranged, including a visit from our primary school headteacher, reception class teacher and several TA's who brought some of my 'old' children with them...how amazing!

My deputy and I have been gifted a super bench each for our gardens - these were made by a local craftsman and are completely bespoke, I will try and get a photo tomorrow, also a willow tree and a 'retirement rose', numerous bouquets, retirement balloons, garden vouchers and a memory book for each of us...

One of our 'old' children who is now in her twenties had written a speech that she read to us - this chronicled our many years of running the pre-school...

How lucky are we?

That all sounds absolutely fantastic.   Now enjoy your well-earned retirement!   I hope you stay on here!  Xx

14 hours ago, zigzag said:

Ahh Sunnyday that sounds wonderful and obviously truly well deserved. All my very best wishes to you for a happy retirement.  My one stipulation is, that you don’t ignore your forum friends! Xx

Thank you, that's very kind

I would never, ever, ever ignore my forum friends x

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Thank you Mousie 

(hmm I wonder when I will stop waking up at the crack of dawn!) 🤷‍♀️

It’ll be a while - and ages before you look at stationery in a different light, and children’s book shops and book sales can be largely avoided!  That last one took a lot longer for me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Breaking up today, happy to be breaking up but so sad to be saying goodbye to our school leavers. Happy that I will be able to get on and reorganise the classroom, focus on the new EYFS and Unjumble the jumble that is currently in my head!! Then walk away and try hard to forget it for a few weeks!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zigzag said:

Unjumble the jumble that is currently in my head!! 

Love that! I certainly fully understand what you mean.

I have been off a week now, and have not given a moments thought to preschool work 😁   I can't seem to get my head around the new framework for September at all...... worrying  as I'm now sure we'll have our Ofsted the first week back 😭

I did wake in a panic at 4am this morning worrying that we will not fit all our stuff into our new storage space!  Well I know it won't all fit and I need a major cull of resources. Staff have offered to help- but to be honest I think 'too many women' will actually clash as to what to keep or not, so I think I need to go it alone 😳 (preferably when I'm in a bad mood!!) 

Not sure if I'm the only one with this problem - but we have quiet a few really old resources that just need chucking, however they are build so well that they will easily outlive any updated new resources 😭

Oh, and not happy as I actually went into a shop, and bought new diaries ..... get home and realise I've got Jan-to- Dec ones instead of academic years ones!😩

On 20/07/2021 at 18:28, sunnyday said:

Yes fm - I have retired!

How lucky are we?

That is absolutely beautiful and well deserved. xx

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 14:44, Cait said:

It’ll be a while - and ages before you look at stationery in a different light, and children’s book shops and book sales can be largely avoided!  That last one took a lot longer for me! 

and also stop looking at empty containers wondering what you can use them for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, blondie said:

That is absolutely beautiful and well deserved. xx

That's so kind of you thank you

40 minutes ago, blondie said:

and also stop looking at empty containers wondering what you can use them for.

Did that yesterday - I unpacked a lovely present - a willow heart complete with lights - left with a lovely piece of blue card - nearly saved it and then remembered 🤦‍♀️🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Love that! I certainly fully understand what you mean.

I have been off a week now, and have not given a moments thought to preschool work 😁   I can't seem to get my head around the new framework for September at all...... worrying  as I'm now sure we'll have our Ofsted the first week back 😭

I did wake in a panic at 4am this morning worrying that we will not fit all our stuff into our new storage space!  Well I know it won't all fit and I need a major cull of resources. Staff have offered to help- but to be honest I think 'too many women' will actually clash as to what to keep or not, so I think I need to go it alone 😳 (preferably when I'm in a bad mood!!) 

Not sure if I'm the only one with this problem - but we have quiet a few really old resources that just need chucking, however they are build so well that they will easily outlive any updated new resources 😭

Oh, and not happy as I actually went into a shop, and bought new diaries ..... get home and realise I've got Jan-to- Dec ones instead of academic years ones!😩

I so understand the old resources - they have sentimental value too...

Definitely clear on your own, well I would and be ruthless if you can, I had one fairly large cupboard that was housing what turned out to be a load of old rubbish really, truth to tell I had no idea what was in it 🤦‍♀️ which gives you a good idea of how much of it was really needed

The idea of Ofsted first week back is terrifying - is the new framework massively different, I haven't looked at it at all, although, for some unknown reason I am really quite interested

Can you return the diaries?

4 hours ago, louby loo said:

Staff have offered to help- but to be honest I think 'too many women' will actually clash as to what to keep or not, so I think I need to go it alone 😳 (preferably when I'm in a bad mood!!) 

🥴My staff actually know what a control freak I am and just leave me to it! Either that, or they can’t be bothered! Actually one staff member would help, but just find it so much easier on my own! I know that is a really bad reflection on me but I’ve been doing it that way for 18 years and it’s a hard habit to break.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zigzag said:

🥴My staff actually know what a control freak I am and just leave me to it! Either that, or they can’t be bothered! Actually one staff member would help, but just find it so much easier on my own! I know that is a really bad reflection on me but I’ve been doing it that way for 18 years and it’s a hard habit to break.

Trouble is motivating myself to go in and do it 😩

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Trouble is motivating myself to go in and do it 😩

Just think how much better you will feel once it’s done. It will be cathartic!  JUST DO IT!  I am hoping to blitz my place next week as that is what is really bugging me and then the new EYFS and planning can be done whenever before September.  Like you I am thinking Ofsted may be turning up in September.  (Last inspected in 2014) This happened once before in our first week back! 
So glad that you understand the unjumble the jumble in my head meaning🤯🤯🥴

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Froglet said:

Sunnyday those sound like wonderful celebrations for you. I’m so pleased!

I have 3 more days to go and the ‘before term ends’ TDL is epic. All a bit overwhelming really. I can do this! 

Thank you young Froglet

Can't believe you have 3 more days to go - that's a really late finish - sending lots of positive vibes your way -you can do this!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sunnyday said:

So pleased for you - now enjoy that nap!

I did!  I have done two mornings in school just tidying - there is something just so lovely about having a proper amount of time to tidy when that is the only thing on your to do list!  Now I'm home and contemplating my TDL for the summer - yes I know!  I will switch off but I need to sort and get my head empty of school jobs and then I will be able to properly enjoy the time off.  I have a family week away at the end of August.  Other than that holiday plans include sorting the garden and spare room out (again!), reading, making socks, crocheting something new - maybe a blanket?  Hope everyone else is having a good time.

• Like 2