Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Another Friday!

Funny old week here - have only been open for two days - obviously closed Monday, we don't operate on Wednesdays and we had to close yesterday as our building was being used for Polling

I had my second jab on Wednesday (yay!) it's a great feeling to have received both doses! Unfortunately there was an 'anti-vaxxer' outside the vaccination site, he was making a real nuisance of himself, I was surprised that the 'steward' who was standing outside engaged in a 'row' with him, he should have just told him to 'go away', all quite unsettling I don't like any form of aggro...

Have a lovely weekend all 

Glad you have received your second dose Sunnyday.  No time for these anti Covid, anti vaccine people, it’s fine if they don’t want it, but why don’t they just buggar off and leave people to get theirs done.

Have started catching up and waking my mind up to Ofsted stuff! And also been having a look at the new DMs document. 
Have a good weekend, think we have some pretty strong weather coming in tomorrow so need to batten down the hatches!  I despair of ever getting my vegetable garden planted this year!

• Like 1

My seconds is the 19th, Andy had his last week...... yet my older member of staff hasn't even been offered her 2nd one yet - I have told her to book herself but she's insisting on waiting for the Drs to call her.

Like sunnyday I've only been at work 2 days this week too! :)   

• Like 1

Congratulations to the second vaccine people. It’s felt like a long week this week. However, I got to see an actual in person doctor on Thursday after trying and failing to even get a phone call for a month. My skin is still incredibly itchy but I feel like things might be heading in the right direction.

It’s a grey, horrible day here and I’m really going to try to use that to tackle some of my epic TDL. I’m really struggling to focus on work at the moment when I’m not at school and it’s becoming overwhelming. My procrastination skills are at their best but that’s not really helping the situation! Any tips very gratefully received.

Other than that the usual weekend of shopping, cleaning and knitting is on the cards - am now on my 9th pair of socks.

10 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Other than that the usual weekend of shopping, cleaning and knitting is on the cards - am now on my 9th pair of socks.

Think that counts as a cottage industry now Froglet.

Hope you feel better soon, very aggravating, itchy skin, you just don't rest properly when everything feels itchy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Horrible wet grey day here too. I'm making 10 mermaid tails today 🤣  (local dance show)

Hope your feeling less itchy soon Froglet, and I'm with you with the overwhelming work situation. We're eminent an Osted- and all I really want to focus on is the  transition for our leavers, and new EYFS ready for September which work wise is only really 9 weeks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

Congratulations to the second vaccine people. It’s felt like a long week this week. However, I got to see an actual in person doctor on Thursday after trying and failing to even get a phone call for a month. My skin is still incredibly itchy but I feel like things might be heading in the right direction.

It’s a grey, horrible day here and I’m really going to try to use that to tackle some of my epic TDL. I’m really struggling to focus on work at the moment when I’m not at school and it’s becoming overwhelming. My procrastination skills are at their best but that’s not really helping the situation! Any tips very gratefully received.

Oh poor you - itchy skin is miserable, lets hope that this is soon resolved for you x

Also grey and horrible here ☹️ not my sort of weather at all

9 pairs of socks is amazing - go you!

• Like 1

Bless you all. Thank you. Yeah, bit of a tough week. I have a particularly challenging child who I have totally failed to achieve anything for today - he spent half the afternoon hitting me, the TA or other children and just shouting “no” at us when asked to do anything. My class in general were hard work today, very noisy and rude to the MDS team. I really loudly told them off and then felt bad for having yelled. I got frustrated and therefore snappy in a staff meeting because someone kept nagging at me to do something which I had already said I’d do.

Still tomorrow is a new day!

• Sad 2

Thinking about Froglets post, has anyone else found that 'bolishi' has come early this year?    

Also for us it is the girls that are a nightmare, charging around screaming, and the boys are all very focused- yet a lot of 'tittle tattling' on their peers!!!!

Froglet, virtual hugs are in place, tissue box handy, huge sticky cake to hand.   Scented bath, jim jams and a curl up on the sofa, all these things are prescribed for our nightmare days - It's clear to all on here how much you  demand of yourself but I hope tomorrow brings better for you.

• Like 2

Froglet, I hope you have a better day today.  It’s tough isn’t it when it’s one behaviour disrupting everything, it can really get you down.  But at the end of the day you are only human.  We currently have one child who is making life really quite challenging for all the children and staff. The trouble is the other children have worked out just how to wind him up and then when he retaliates the whole group is hyped up. The last couple of weeks have just felt like crowd management and I just feel that each age group is not getting the best of their time with us at the moment.  So I have split the group, I have the school leavers with me to do a structured activity and a story and the younger children are in their own group next door. We then join together to be outside. This has worked so well that from today I am actually extending the time we are apart. I finally feel that the older ones are getting the best from me. Some of them are so ready to move on to the challenge of school and had got Bolshi, but this seems to have put a stop to it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Not sure about the bolshy children - my staff were very highly strung today 😳... I actually had to call a 'time-out' on them this morning 😭  Which caused a few unhappy staff during the session.   I think we need a proper staff night out with wine!!

Edited by louby loo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

Not sure about the bolshy children - my staff were very highly strung today 😳... I actually had to call a 'time-out' on them this morning 😭  Which caused a few unhappy staff during the session.   I think we need a proper staff night out with wine!!

We are out out on saturday !!🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

We are out out on saturday !!🤣

I'm kicking myself, we have literally just taken on a new (returning) member of staff.... which takes us to 7 now 😭😭😭

Just wish the weather would warm up a bit so we can at least do outside in comfort.  We did try and sort one the other week while we were still 6- but it just ended up with four of us, and I'm not sure that helped really. Plus it was cold- even with outdoor heaters so we just ate and left without the wine and chat bit!!

On 12/05/2021 at 07:38, zigzag said:

Froglet, I hope you have a better day today.  It’s tough isn’t it when it’s one behaviour disrupting everything, it can really get you down.  But at the end of the day you are only human.  We currently have one child who is making life really quite challenging for all the children and staff. The trouble is the other children have worked out just how to wind him up and then when he retaliates the whole group is hyped up. The last couple of weeks have just felt like crowd management and I just feel that each age group is not getting the best of their time with us at the moment.  So I have split the group, I have the school leavers with me to do a structured activity and a story and the younger children are in their own group next door. We then join together to be outside. This has worked so well that from today I am actually extending the time we are apart. I finally feel that the older ones are getting the best from me. Some of them are so ready to move on to the challenge of school and had got Bolshi, but this seems to have put a stop to it.

Froglet, if you have the space, it’s definitely the way forward.  We had two rooms of children for just this reason.  The older pre-reception group were with me in one room, and the younger and new starters were in the other. It was so successful.  In the ‘Blue Group’ we were able to achieve so much, they settled really well and got on with things so much better.  There was also the September excitement of transition into ‘Blue Group’ with me, knowing that the Red and Yellow groups and leaders were just next door and accessible when we all went outside together.  

• Like 1

Just wanted to share some news - we moved back into our own room this morning - whoop!

It was just brilliant to be back in our own space, so much better for the children - it would be safe to say that excitement levels were through the roof!

A shiver ran down my spine when my deputy said "look at the date on the calendar" (wall display thingy) it was 20th March 2020 which was, of course the last date that we used our own room - oh my actual goodness 14 months...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Just wanted to share some news - we moved back into our own room this morning - whoop!

It was just brilliant to be back in our own space, so much better for the children - it would be safe to say that excitement levels were through the roof!

A shiver ran down my spine when my deputy said "look at the date on the calendar" (wall display thingy) it was 20th March 2020 which was, of course the last date that we used our own room - oh my actual goodness 14 months...

Oh my!   I am so pleased for you Sunnyday.

• Like 1