Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

1 hour ago, Panders said:

I'm going to watch Tom Hanks in News of the World on Netflix tonight - its his latest and I've been saving it (for a couple of days anyway!)

Oh that sounds interesting - I think you have a position here as TV advisor - we watched 'The Light between Oceans' and 'The Dig' on your advice - both brilliant!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panders said:

A typical Hanks film ie he is a thinking, feeling, hero.    Set in the wild west, post Civil War, which didn't do anything for me.    But an interesting story unfolded.

Yep, we watched it, good summary there my little black and white furry friend 😂

• Haha 1

I watched this last night.  I wasn't sure when it first started, but glad I continued, such a moving film.

I'm doing well with my TV watching. I'm now watching Firefly Lane.

Haven't heard of that one- will investigate! I did watch all of It's a Sin- which I found really good and so very, very sad. However it is quite graphic in parts, so dont watch if you are easily offended. My husband started it and then wouldn't watch it- to be honest, that suited me as didn't realise how emotional it would make me feel. 

I have finished Outlander - funny never liked the books but have loved all 5 series. Have also been catching up with This Is Us- - and am up to ep 3 series 4 

I just love this! It is so clever the way it jumps back and forth without confusing ( I usually get quite cross with TV that does that) 

Something I caught quite by accident last year was- Women who Kill - I thought it was a documentary but it wasn't. I wont say anymore but really, it's very good. I think it was on Alibi- but not definite.

Edited by lynned55

On 15/02/2021 at 16:50, louby loo said:

I stated to watch News of the World - but gave up. 'Dark' films (as in darkness) annoy me for some reason,

I am with you.....I hate it when the screen is so dark you are squinting at the telly 😡

I find myself putting the subtitles on more and more these days too as I am convinced these actors all mumble 😆 

• Haha 1

I can't believe it!!  Time seems to be flying past at a rate on knots.  the older you get the quicker it goes :(

I think this is the reason I have lost my oomph for sewing to be honest 😳.  I used to spent hours making my own daughter clothes -full on hand smocking and embroidery etc.  

Now I keep buying fabric to make things for my granddaughter, and then  think - why?  she'll grow out of it in no time at all !!!

35 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Back to school next week with all except one child returning! Have delayed the four new starters until after Easter.

Wow zigzag, how many is all?, I’ve only heard a couple more are planning on returning next week (where did half ter go 😢) and a few more from 8th March though It wouldn’t surprise if some just turn up next week unannounced.

I am having to put off April starters unfortunately due to staffing issues, parents have seemed great about it but always the worry they will find somewhere else to start them from April and with a big school cohort moving out I will need them 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Back to school next week with all except one child returning! Have delayed the four new starters until after Easter.

27 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Wow zigzag, how many is all?, I’ve only heard a couple more are planning on returning next week (where did half ter go 😢) and a few more from 8th March though It wouldn’t surprise if some just turn up next week unannounced.

I am having to put off April starters unfortunately due to staffing issues, parents have seemed great about it but always the worry they will find somewhere else to start them from April and with a big school cohort moving out I will need them 🤦‍♀️

At the moment we are up to a max of 9 on some days 4-5 other days.

I am expecting a few to turn up unannounced though. We are sticking to mornings only until Easter when we can then hopefully picnic outside.

Most of our new starters are after Easter now too, although to be honest I've shifted the start dates back so many times now even I'm confused as who is starting when.

• Like 1

So at the beginning of last week the rest of the parents said they would wait until schools returned before coming back.  I then had two parents contact me and ask if they could return after half term.  This then took us up to six children. So I decided we would increase to three mornings. Chairperson then put this out as a message and wow! They all changed their minds pretty quickly. This takes us up to eleven children now before the new starters.  I do worry that as our cases are so low now that a lot of people have become very complacent and I will be sending out strict reminders this weekend!

24 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

HAHA🤪 so having been closed for half a term except a couple of EHCP children we reopen properly on monday.....all but 2 children returning! So about 30 !!!

11 minutes ago, Panders said:

Finleysmaid!   Shocker!     Not sure I would cope with that!

We are only a couple off 30 back since after Xmas, around 14/15 a day but it’s creeping up now, I don’t want to cope with it either 🙈

• Sad 1

How are people feeling about the rising numbers?  Is everyone feeling more confident now?

I'm feeling stressed more  about returning now than I was in Jan. We have come fromm one of the highest effected areas in England, to now almost one of the lowest (well locally south east/East of England). I think parents will want back ASAP now. 

I'd feel happier once I get the vaccine, so I might opt out of work fully until then. My older staff have had it, so we are fully covered with me not in.

Edited by louby loo

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I didn't know there was a press briefing led by Gavin (Frank Spencer) Williamson on today...…..

I turned TV on just in time to hear him say 'Early years' - what was he saying about EY?

We're to "stop getting above our station" ....   only joking I haven't a clue!

(I'm a bit excited I'm getting jabbed Tuesday !!   ... I was patiently waiting for them to contact me - but Andy just went online and booked it for me 😁)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1