Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I assume, but could be wrong, that there won’t be any furlough payments this time if you’ve not been told to close.  I was totally shocked when he said that nurseries and early years would run as normal, and actually shouted at the TV - a thing I’ve never done before.  Sent the poor dog flying off the sofa in alarm! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cait said:

I assume, but could be wrong, that there won’t be any furlough payments this time if you’ve not been told to close.  I was totally shocked when he said that nurseries and early years would run as normal, and actually shouted at the TV - a thing I’ve never done before.  Sent the poor dog flying off the sofa in alarm! 

Well, I'm thinking  we can claim furlough like another business?

The pre-paid funding for the spring term might cause an issue... but I'd offer to pay it back at £5 a week  😂

7 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Hi Cait, nice to see you you, I’m thinking that if half our chn are off and we don’t get to claim their funding we will suffer a big loss, just yesterday we would be down close on £300 in lost funded hours 🤦‍♀️ 

We had four children today out of 22.   (we have delayed our four new starters until now Feb though)

I was certainly safe 😂.  With cases around 1 in every 30 households- we are going for the 'childcare/baby sitting option'.  We had a play area set up well away form staff and we just observed and interacted from a distance. 

If funding is paid, and we can keep to very low numbers I think we can make this work.    No funding and we will close to all - including key workers!  and put all staff on furlough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

We had four children today out of 22.   (we have delayed our four new starters until now Feb though)

I was certainly safe 😂.  With cases around 1 in every 30 households- we are going for the 'childcare/baby sitting option'.  We had a play area set up well away form staff and we just observed and interacted from a distance. 

If funding is paid, and we can keep to very low numbers I think we can make this work.    No funding and we will close to all - including key workers!  and put all staff on furlough.

When do you have to submit your headcount and how do you complete yours - a question on ours would be 'is the child in attendance'

1 minute ago, sunnyday said:

When do you have to submit your headcount and how do you complete yours - a question on ours would be 'is the child in attendance'

21st for us.  It's something like 'needs to be in attendance from that day'.  We submit once per term, with the option to add late claims usually 3 weeks or so from the end of term.

The wording on the emails people have received says as long as the child 'could' start if they wished with no restrictions placed on them.  I really am hoping this is so.  Staff have even said they would like to try offering some kind of online activities - which we will do if funded. We actually had real giggles today demonstrating our ideas to the rest of the team! (while 4 children played happily with the barbies and diggers) We were like a proper old fashioned playgroup 🤣😂

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Has Kent said they are defiantly not paying?  I think in the very highest risk areas the LA's  SHOULD HAVE NO OPTION BUT TO PAY! 

Have spoken to them today I don't think any firm decision yet - I'm not open anyway so I certainly don't expect funding, I wanted to know what to do as I should be completing my headcount in a couple of weeks - I won't be able to do that, I have already had a payment in advance, do they want that back now, can I submit my headcount after half-term if I am open then - sorry I'm not asking you (!) that's what I was asking them.....

Having been in touch with parents I now know that I probably would have been to 3 or 4 children..... 

1 minute ago, sunnyday said:

Having been in touch with parents I now know that I probably would have been to 3 or 4 children..... 

As I said earlier we had four today and I can honest say I feel we could cater for them safely (if in a bit of an old fashioned way- but they were very happily occupied all morning)

Not sure if it was nerves/relief but we really had a positive day in such a dire situation 😷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

As I said earlier we had four today and I can honest say I feel we could cater for them safely (if in a bit of an old fashioned way- but they were very happily occupied all morning)

Not sure if it was nerves/relief but we really had a positive day in such a dire situation 😷

So pleased for you louby loo.  Two of the children we have coming in are new and it will be the first time they have attended.  I don’t think this is the best time for them to start as nothing is normal but what do I know, only been doing the job for 30 years. 
In fact I am aiming to try and become outside provision only, any one else thinking about this is an option?

Actually, it could be a perfect time to start, whilst your numbers are artificially lower and everyone is in the same boat of ‘strangeness’.  It will ease them in gently, they’ll have established a core little group of children they feel secure with, so when numbers go up after half term, they shouldn’t be so anxious.   

Perfect Zigzag.

Yesterday Iq received a surprise present of a box of ‘Kind cards for unkind days’. A collection of things to make you smile written and decorated by children. One of my favourites so far is “Imagine you’re driving the bat mobile”

Take care all.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Perfect Zigzag.

Yesterday Iq received a surprise present of a box of ‘Kind cards for unkind days’. A collection of things to make you smile written and decorated by children. One of my favourites so far is “Imagine you’re driving the bat mobile”

Take care all.

Pleased you checked in young Froglet - you know I worry if you don't

That pressie sounds fabulous

• Like 1

I switched my alarm off this morning and slept till I woke - I so needed that! I have decided to swap my working days this weekend as I’m not sure my brain will function in any useful way today!

I have lots of home jobs to do as well but to be honest apart from catching up on the washing up and taking the festive tree to be recycled I’m going to focus on crafting - I need a proper break today.

• Like 3

Has anyone seen Matt Hancock on sky news this morning? I was spitting nails, he is practically begging parents to keep even KW chn home from school if they can be looked after at home yet here we are open to all whether KC chn or not and many of mine in this week have a non working parent at home (and yes I know I shouldn’t judge them on why they are still sending them just because they can but I’m sorry I am, my KW parents are having a huge inner struggle to make that decision to send in or not yet I  know these are not difficult chn, chn of non KW’s having to home work or chn who have siblings at home having to be home schooled, I just don’t get this when you weigh up the risks).

The news presenter didn’t even question him on the situation in Early Years ....probably pre-warned not to go there 😡 😡 😡

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Has anyone seen Matt Hancock on sky news this morning? I was spitting nails, he is practically begging parents to keep even KW chn home from school if they can be looked after at home yet here we are open to all whether KC chn or not and many of mine in this week have a non working parent at home (and yes I know I shouldn’t judge them on why they are still sending them just because they can but I’m sorry I am, my KW parents are having a huge inner struggle to make that decision to send in or not yet I  know these are not difficult chn, chn of non KW’s having to home work or chn who have siblings at home having to be home schooled, I just don’t get this when you weigh up the risks).

The news presenter didn’t even question him on the situation in Early Years ....probably pre-warned not to go there 😡 😡 😡

I saw him on Andrew Marr this morning, still insisting schools are safe and saying that schools and nurseries are open so that NHS staff can work. Has he even seen the key worker list? 

21 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I saw him on Andrew Marr this morning, still insisting schools are safe and saying that schools and nurseries are open so that NHS staff can work. Has he even seen the key worker list? 

as we all know of course it isn't the children we are worried about (!) its their parents/ grandparents/ delivery drivers/ public transport / Childminders/maintenance etc etc etc that we worry about. we do not just have children in and around !! all these categories have been deemed an issue!