Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bake Off 2016

Froglet

Wally belongs with fish and chips.. although I grew up eating them chilled out of a tin on hot summers days - instead of icecreams.. :huh: delicious.. still love a chilled wally on a summers day B)

5 more weeks before I check the pickled shallot - will be perfect for C ...

Wally belongs with fish and chips.. although I grew up eating them chilled out of a tin on hot summers days - instead of icecreams.. :huh: delicious.. still love a chilled wally on a summers day B)

5 more weeks before I check the pickled shallot - will be perfect for C ...

We used to have pickled shallots at C as well mu Aunty Dot used to make them, then when we stopped having big family get togethers my mum started doing it, I haven't done them for a very long time - now I'm tempted - obviously can't be growing them now though, will have to buy them.

• Like 3

:o:o:o:o Just heard on the news that BBC have lost contract for GBBO next year, although they did not know who had won it!

Just announced that Channel 4 have it. I am so hoping it doesn't lose its 'niceness' and that the powers that be realise that's part of what makes it popular.

• Like 1

Seems BBC are on a budget and did not want to pay enough for it.. the question also follows that the presenters may not want to go with the programme.. and they sort of make it what it is.. then again who is to say new ones could shake it up a bit..

Ad breaks while irritating would actually fit with the format, as it is in 3 sections already it gives convenient spots for breaks..

i often record programmes with breaks and whizz through them :P

Edited by Inge

Seems BBC are on a budget and did not want to pay enough for it.. the question also follows that the presenters may not want to go with the programme.. and they sort of make it what it is.. then again who is to say new ones could shake it up a bit..

Ad breaks while irritating would actually fit with the format, as it is in 3 sections already it gives convenient spots for breaks..

i often record programmes with breaks and whizz through them :P

You are psychic Inge - Mel and Sue aren't going to move with it {-(

I'm surprised Mel&Sue aren't following the programme - Channel 4 is where they started out their t.v. careers at lunch time, hmm and strangely I went off Something for the Weekend when it moved to C4 - really not sure why, just got out of the habit of watching it I suppose. Wonder if GBBO will have some link with a Supermarket when it moves?

Just a shame that the BBC "grows" great programmes but can't keep them - Saturday Kitchen was o.k. but when James Martin started doing it it really was a good programme, now - never watch it, don't like all the guest presenters nobody seems to be as able to talk and cook!

• Like 1

Had a feeling it would change, but who is to say it isn't for the better?

Something for the kitchen was better when it moved, it ha become very look at us we are pals and do this and that all about the presenters the move stopped this and it became about the program again.. but it was the timing that meant I watched it less..

Miss James on saturday Kitchen, watched a couple but many are less polished in presenting and 'stiff' obviously reading the script, very badly .

Will be interesting if the other two follow - may be good to different cooks to set the challenges.?

Seem to remember seeing somewhere the BBC were removing their recipe pages 'BBC Food' found this reference with a bit of searching- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36308976

Edited by Inge