Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self Registration

Hi I wonder if someone could help me??

Long story short - we used to have the technology to print small passport photos to go onto name cards for self reg - but sadly no longer! I have an iPad and a camera (camera does'nt connect with very old laptop) and a printer! Does anyone know how I can get an A4 sheet of small photos for self reg cards? A free app maybe? - I have trawled but cannot find one suitable.....

Or indeed any other ideas for name cards - without photos.? We used photos to help our 2s and 3s.

Really appreciate any ideas. - Raf

I used labels with a logo specific to each child. So each child would recognise their own logo - for instance, a ladybird for Jackie, a kite for Stephen etc. I did the logos on the laptop and printed them out and laminated them.

• Like 1

I think adding photos is a good idea and supports children's sense of 'self' and allows you to differentiate between those who can read their name and those who can't yet.

In terms of software, even with an app wouldn't you still need a printer? There are the pogo (or whatever they are called now) that prints credit card sized pictures like the old poloroid cameras but I'm not sure if that's what you mean?

• Like 1

we do similar to cait but with a phonically linked picture (peter penguin etc) easy to do on word. Then as the year progresses their picture comes off and then all the school leavers for the third term only have just their name and all the background colours are the same...just adds a bit of progression! (I don't do self registration though!!!)

• Like 1

Yes FM. Ours became just the name over time too. I did try the phonetic thing for many years until one year we had so many children who started with the same letter that it just wasn't possible - even with the aid of a dictionary!

• Like 1

Hi the free Picasa photo manager lets you choose to print a page of passport size photos :-)

We don't have photos on ours either, just their name, but I do like the photo idea :-)

Shall take a look at that - thanks Mouse. In a previous life (ha ha) we have always put photos on names -as mundia said - for a sense of self.

We also have faux laminated letters with a name and photo where the stamp goes. The children take turns being postman and deliver the letters to the children as they play. We found it helps support social play and learning names of peers. Very popular!!

• Like 4

And I was think maybe we need photos lol ....Haha I can't cope with all this peer pressure

To be honest I'm always amazed how quickly they do recognise their own name and 'read' others, they often say "I've found so and sos name" or "that's not yours" if they see another child with the wrong one.

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)