Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

When do you tell parents?

cvdbout

Hi all,

Just a quick question - Ofsted visited us 2 weeks ago and we got the preliminary report through 3 days afters. Its not published on the website yet, do we need to wait until that point before informing parents of our result?

Hi, I always thought once you had the report it was fine, I've only ever had one come in the past which gave you so many days to alter anything factual I think...I hope it went well, I would tell them ....after you've told us of course ;-p

I will just say we are outstandingly pleased ;)

• Like 11

If the report has come to you for checking it has gone through the Quality Assurance process with Tribal or Prospects (who do most of the inspections on behalf of Ofsted). Technically, it isn't to be public knowledge until Ofsted publishes it on their website so you shouldn't tell people until then - but I agree with the others, it is unlikely to be changed after you have seen a copy - unless Ofsted decide to take it as part of a random sample for checking again. Well done on your fantastic result!

Firstly well done...secondly ofsted normally tell you not to tell anyone until it is published on their site...especially outstanding results. It's very frustrating waiting though!! :rolleyes: (it gave us time to print up outstanding Tshirts though that we surprised the parents with!)

• Like 1

Thank you all! It's now official! I don't post often on here, but I have gained so much information that has proven so useful - I was Chair at our pre-school for 4 years until very recently, though I'm still nominated person so this result has been years in the waiting!

https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/CARE/EY486116

Here is our report for anyone interested.

Congratulations!

Huge congrats :-)

Fantastic, well done to you and the team.:)

Personally, i'd be shouting it out loud to everyone :) Congratulations !

If the report has come to you for checking it has gone through the Quality Assurance process with Tribal or Prospects (who do most of the inspections on behalf of Ofsted). Technically, it isn't to be public knowledge until Ofsted publishes it on their website so you shouldn't tell people until then - but I agree with the others, it is unlikely to be changed after you have seen a copy - unless Ofsted decide to take it as part of a random sample for checking again. Well done on your fantastic result!

Yay, many congratulations! Enjoy every second now it's over!

Firstly well done...secondly ofsted normally tell you not to tell anyone until it is published on their site...especially outstanding results. It's very frustrating waiting though!! :rolleyes: (it gave us time to print up outstanding Tshirts though that we surprised the parents with!)

Fantastic news! Details please...

Congratulations, I was always told we can't tell anyone until it's published on the Ofsted web site, just incase any changes are made.

• Like 3