Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Members joining Committee

Hi - Does anyone have an up-to-date step by step guide for what Committee members need to do to join a Committee. Ousr have been doing their DBS and EY2 but at our recent Ofsted Inspection a few of them were not listed on our registration form. What are we missing? Is it the DBS update service?

It's such a minefield and it seems to keep changing!

Many thanks

Ha! One of our recent Committee members is a foster carers who is also adopting a child. Even so, she said getting through the DBS and EY2 for us was more complicated than anything else she's had to do.

Our list of committee members wasnt correct at last years inspection and it contributed to us getting RI. A lady was on the list who was no longer a member, even though her name was in the letter sent telling them of 4 people coming off. This year, the list wasnt correct, plus they didnt have our manager as manager.

When your committee member has the DBS and EY2, if you're a charity you should update the information on the charity commission web site. Also phone or email Ofsted with the names, I tend to email, because then I know they've received it! :1b

Committee members must have a DBS completed through Ofsted. A EY2 needs to be completed too. One they have received their DBS clearance they must sign up to the update service within the timeframe stipulated. Failure to do this will require you to start the whole process again.

Complete a EY3, this is to inform Ofsted of persons coming off a Committee and persons joining.

If you are run as an incorporated company the new committee members/ directors must be listed on Companies House records to enable Ofsted to complete any checks.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Fredbear
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Committee members must have a DBS completed through Ofsted. A EY2 needs to be completed too. One they have received their DBS clearance they must sign up to the update service within the timeframe stipulated. Failure to do this will require you to start the whole process again.

Complete a EY3, this is to inform Ofsted of persons coming off a Committee and persons joining.

If you are run as an incorporated company the new committee members/ directors must be listed on Companies House records to enable Ofsted to complete any checks.

Hope this helps.

Hello

Sorry to hijack the post

I am the new chair of a committee run pre school. Ofsted have been informed and I have completed my EY2 so they are aware of the change in chair. We also have had three members stand down (including our chair and treasurer) and for now four new members join. Do I inform Ofsted now or once they have completed the EY2 and received a suitability letter?

Many thanks

Hello

Sorry to hijack the post

I am the new chair of a committee run pre school. Ofsted have been informed and I have completed my EY2 so they are aware of the change in chair. We also have had three members stand down (including our chair and treasurer) and for now four new members join. Do I inform Ofsted now or once they have completed the EY2 and received a suitability letter?

Many thanks

EY3 form must be completed for all incoming and outgoing committee. The EY3 form also guides who should complete EY2 :)

This is from the report I saw ....I have seen so many settings say they have gone straight into 'requires improvement' and not even stayed to complete the inspection on these grounds, surely every one could argue that the committee don't have un-supervised access :unsure:

It is not yet outstanding because:

 The provider has not informed Ofsted of all committee members to enable them to assess their suitability. This is also a breach of the Childcare Register requirements. However, this has no impact on children. Committee members have completed the necessary Disclosure and Barring Service checks and do not have unsupervised contact with children.

Hi lashes 2508. Did that information come from Ofsted? We are a committee run group so all our committee are part of the registered body so I assume they all need to complete ey2. Is it because you are set up in a different way? Early years seems so confusing these days!

We were told not to complete Ey2 for committee members just those holding office i.e. Director/ chair , treasurer / secretary but DBS for all , I then added them all to update service via the gov.uk website

I knew I wasn't going that mad when it let me change committee members on the update service last year and won't this year only for ofsted to tell me that was never possible !

I did think all had to do the EY2 though, I had a suitability letter from ofsted yesterday for a member who did it all within a couple of weeks last October !

So we now have all our committee all signed up as directors on companies house, trustees on charity commission and most have had their suitability letter from Ofsted (apart from the newer members who are going through the process)

Now I'm thinking of sending Ofsted an email with an updated list of members and removing those I know have left the committee recently. Would that be suitable or should I complete the EY3 form??

So when did Ofsted tell us new committee members needed to be added to the Charity Commissions site BEFORE they could submit their EY2 ? Why would you add them until Ofsted have cleared them to me on your committee ??? and one new member has been cleared by ofsted but not on the charity list ......This gets stupider by the day gggrrrrr

post-7120-0-65266200-1479680680_thumb.pngpost-7120-0-65266200-1479680680_thumb.png

• Like 1

Oh no - I can feel a 'why oh why oh why???' moment coming on ........

I have got 3 committee members stuck in limbo at the moment with ey2s. They keep asking me questions and I can't help them. We have no Internet at work and I can't see the screens and messages they get. It's so frustrating! We have put them on Charity Commission list though.

• Like 2

I had that screen when I applied for RI, but I didn't want to be on the CC list until Ofsted gave me the go ahead, so I did nothing. I waited them out until I got an email asking for me to resubmit, which I did, and it went through with no problem. I've done the CC one now.

• Like 1

That would tend to suggest then, that my new treasurer and committee member haven't yet submitted their EY2 forms, as they've not said anything about asking to be put on CC site ...... Hmm, must chase them up!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)