Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Box of sanity?

Froglet

My sister sent me her Christmas and birthday list the other day. Among other things it included "An 8th day to the week" and "Sanity". I thought as a bit of a joke present I'd have a go at giving her those things. I thought I could mock up an 8-day week calendar fairly easily and then thought of a Box of Sanity. Thought I could put in some nice treat things (chocolate!), bubble bath etc. but also some silly things to keep her sane. I was thinking kind of the opposite of that saying 'Mad as a box of frogs'! Any ideas for what could go in it?

Have you looked on pinterest?

My daughter got a 'best friends' parcel - had things like a safety pin- for when life needs holding together, an eraser for rubbing out life's mistakes .... and I can't think of the others !!!

I hadn't thought of pinterest and that's usually the first place I look!

A relaxation tape, a baby sitting "cheque book",

Now whatever makes you think she might have children?! ;) I would love an Aunty Froglet day with the little tadpoles - the younger flings her arms round me and hugs me as tight as she can saying "Big squidgy!" while doing it!! Mind you, she also makes me play ninjas. The elder gives me a shy smile and a kiss, tries to cheat at whatever game we're playing and somehow mercilessly tickles/assaults me. We all remove all the sofa cushions to make a tent/den/star wars ship!!

Ooh I love this idea!

Box of Sanity...what would you put in yours? Chocolate goes without saying. What keeps me sane is a lovely walk, but you can't really put that in a box!

And I'm intrigued by the 8th day of the week. What are you going to call it? :D

• Like 1

My sister sent me her Christmas and birthday list the other day. Among other things it included "An 8th day to the week" and "Sanity". I thought as a bit of a joke present I'd have a go at giving her those things. I thought I could mock up an 8-day week calendar fairly easily and then thought of a Box of Sanity. Thought I could put in some nice treat things (chocolate!), bubble bath etc. but also some silly things to keep her sane. I was thinking kind of the opposite of that saying 'Mad as a box of frogs'! Any ideas for what could go in it?

What a lovely sister you are :1b

Can't think of anything for you to put in the 'box' - possibly because I need just such a box myself :blink:

• Like 2

Have you looked on pinterest?

My daughter got a 'best friends' parcel - had things like a safety pin- for when life needs holding together, an eraser for rubbing out life's mistakes .... and I can't think of the others !!!

They have giant size erasers in Tiger "For the big mistakes"

• Like 2