Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Supervision

HI, sorry for sounding thick but can you explain when and how you use this document? it looks interesting to me x many thanks.

for my part we do supervisions as often as we can manage (more for my new staff than others)

They are for ensuring your staff are performing to their best ability and should be linked in to training needs and observations

regular and accurate supervisions are definitely on ofsteds radar so if your not doing already I would try to get a couple in before Christmas! ;)

• Like 1

HI, sorry for sounding thick but can you explain when and how you use this document? it looks interesting to me x many thanks.

not thick at all! Ideally I think it is recommended to do once every half term - although because of the constraints of our setting we do them once a term :)

• Like 1

I do as often as possible/ relevant ie. more regularly for new staff and at least once per half term for all but we are a small setting so once a term would be more manageable I'm sure for larger settings.

Agree with above post, def. on Ofsted radar,just had ours this week (last one 2009!)

I use individual books rather than sheets or forms as it works better for me and bullet point all that we've discussed.I use all the same headings as Mrs Bat but also include whether staff have any safeguarding concerns.

Ps. All went well (phew! Now I don't have to spend all of my half term on what I would have done for Ofsted had I not had 'the call' ! ☺

Edited by Greenfinch
  • Like 3

Thanks Mrsbat. Similar to mine... I was worried I didn't have enough on it. What do you put in wellbeings?

I usually complete one, then go over it with staff and add their thoughts, etc. Is this how you all do it. Want to get it right with it so hot with Ofsted at the mo.... Not that I am expecting them but you never know and there is always a risk of a complaint!

We use the same one as Panders. I also used the opportunity to fill in our annual form/ declaration for any changes in their circumstances that might impact on their working as well as crimes, disqualifications for them or anyone within their household.

Apart from the odd moan, went well.

all sorts! to ensure props or provocations are ready....or have enough for the amount of children....to read the story before presenting to the little ones....to do more cleaning!.....to write more obs....to write better obs etc etc etc ....they tend to be a bit more smart targeted than this!

• Like 1

These are great thanks for sharing. We had ofsted recently and yes big emphasis on me the manager on how I monitor, develop and mentor staff. I do one to ones but not peer observations which she said I should do more of. Does anyone have a format of what they look for please.

Buttercup