Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Incident record

sunnyday

I am trying to get ahead of the game and have started my holiday 'to do' list this evening.......

I have prepared my 'Existing Injury record', my 'Fire drill record' and my 'Accident record' :1b

I wondered if anyone had an all singing, all dancing form for 'Incidents' that they would be willing to share please :1b

My accident is also an incident form?

Or do you mean something for a totally unrelated to accident/incident incident - like a bomb scare?

Ah yes - so is mine at the mo - but was hoping for something 'better'

As to why i have started my 'to do' list - there is sooooo much on it and i am determined to get it all done before end of July so that I can actually 'forget all about pre-school' (yeah some hope!) throughout August! :D

• Like 3

Ah yes - so is mine at the mo - but was hoping for something 'better'

As to why i have started my 'to do' list - there is sooooo much on it and i am determined to get it all done before end of July so that I can actually 'forget all about pre-school' (yeah some hope!) throughout August! :D

the trouble is - now I'm thinking perhaps I need a non accident/incident form to cover 'other incidents! xDxD :lol:

And yes - it can be done, last year I refused to do any preschool work in the holidays (I am the manager not owner) and because I didn't do it the owner decided she didn't need to either :wacko: (long story)

AAAnnnnnyway - we all survived and the setting is fine :D:D ::1a

So the moral is - HAVE A STRESSFREE AUGUST OFF :1b :1b :1b

• Like 2

And yes - it can be done, last year I refused to do any preschool work in the holidays (I am the manager not owner) and because I didn't do it the owner decided she didn't need to either :wacko: (long story)

Well I am owner/manager and there is no chance that I am not 'doing what needs doing' - but really hope to achieve this by the end of July :1b

:1b

Well I am owner/manager and there is no chance that I am not 'doing what needs doing' - but really hope to achieve this by the end of July :1b

I do have to say thanks to this FANTASTIC forum and all my online buddies, most of our paperwork is well up to date - even our EY advisors are expressed by our 'up to datestnest' :D

Mine was more of a protest at not actually getting paid for the normal working week........... let alone paid for any holiday 'work' :o

I just wanted to say it can be done :1b

• Like 2

My accident book has the following forms:

Pre-existing injury (for children who come in with bumps, bruises and scrapes)

Child Accident form

Staff Accident form

Child sent home early record (to cover ourselves when there are "complaints" that we have sent someone home early if they have been taken unwell)

List of First Aiders

Procedure for calling an ambulance (just in case whoever needs to goes into a panic and can't remember the address/postcode etc)

I use the PSLA Incident record (touch wood just sitting quietly unused in the filing cabinet) for other things that are not accidents such as ......... (leaving this to your imaginations as I have no wish to tempt fate at this late stage of the term xD )

• Like 3

Child sent home early record (to cover ourselves when there are "complaints" that we have sent someone home early if they have been taken unwell)

I thought - oh heck haven't got one of those but actually I could put that sort of detail in my lovely new 'Incident record' :D

No progress at all today on the old 'to do' list - I have been looking after my beautiful new granddaughter - have I mentioned her arrival - while I have now - she is five weeks old and gorgeous (obviously takes after her nana!) :1b

• Like 6

I thought - oh heck haven't got one of those but actually I could put that sort of detail in my lovely new 'Incident record' :D

No progress at all today on the old 'to do' list - I have been looking after my beautiful new granddaughter - have I mentioned her arrival - while I have now - she is five weeks old and gorgeous (obviously takes after her nana!) :1b

congratulations xx

• Like 1

Congratulations on the arrival of a beautiful granddaughter.

Our incident book used to be the PSLA one, however we often had to talk to two sets of parents/carers regarding the same incident and so it didn't allow for confidentiality.

So we invented a simple A4 sheet that is filled in and parent/carers sign to agree that the incident has been discussed and shared. These are then placed in each child's individual file.

Works well for us.

• Like 2

Our incident book used to be the PSLA one, however we often had to talk to two sets of parents/carers regarding the same incident and so it didn't allow for confidentiality.

So we invented a simple A4 sheet that is filled in and parent/carers sign to agree that the incident has been discussed and shared. These are then placed in each child's individual file.

Works well for us.

Am i losing the plot? how do you have an incident with two parents involved...are they prone to fisticuffs in your part of the world??? :blink:

• Like 1

Hopefully not the parents Finleysmaid! But if one child hurts another in some way - then there's the incident form to fill in - possibly two but I tend to only use one incident form and then there's the accident form dealing with any injury/s which may have occurred.

I don't like the parents to be able to see any other incident or accident which has been recorded other than the one we are dealing with - so we have a separate page for each incident and each child has their own accident sheets

• Like 3

Neither have I Panders. Yes we have had incidents in the past when two children have shown inappropriate behaviour, sometimes out of natural curiosity, this would not go into our accident book but should be shared with parents, hence the separate forms.

On one such occasion a child was too keen to use the pretend doctors equipment on a body part that they shouldn't have been examining.

On another occasion a child had attempted to touch another child in an inappropriate way.

I am now pondering on the behaviour folder.