Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fathers' Day ideas

we may have to abandon FD this year. Have a little poppet desperate to see a Daddy whose behaviour has put her on a CPP - no chance! Couldnt possibly have the D word banded about without upsetting her! : (

we may have to abandon FD this year. Have a little poppet desperate to see a Daddy whose behaviour has put her on a CPP - no chance! Couldnt possibly have the D word banded about without upsetting her! : (

How terribly sad. We have to tread carefully and remember whose daddy lives at home etc. but not as sensitive as you will have to be. :(

Last years the children used markers to decorate a large pebble, we added ' daddy rocks' , the children loved them as did the dads , remember those who don't have daddy's may have a significant other male and that some children don't have mummy's , it does provide an opportunity to talk about feelings whilst being sensitive, but needs of all children should be taken into account.

May be worth speaking to the mummy ?as it's not the child who has done anything wrong and they may want to still acknowledge absent parent if this is possible

Edited by lashes2508

Just thinking about what to do. One of my younger staff is quite eager to take it on, but I fear it would be fluffy duck syndrome at its worst. Trying to decide if I have the energy to explain and reason what I would like the children to do, or just get it sorted myself!! Can you tell its Friday!! What are you guys doing for cards that is all child orientated?

One of our parents came in and did a clay tile workshop , she did cut the tiles ready but the children then had full control using natural objects to imprint them , leaves, cones etc when dry they painted them and due to some over enthusiastic marking we had to put some on mounted card so they did not fall apart but they were fab , we sold them and raised funds for preschool.

• Like 1

I feel our are a tad 'fluffy duck' this year. :(

But I lost my dear old dad a few months ago so I just can't get enthusiastic about it- so have just left the staff get on with them.

Sending you my sympathy louby loo. I know how you feel - 10 years on and I still walk quickly past 'Fathers Day' card displays.

Dads are so special. Feel blessed to have had one who was a Darling!

• Like 3

Clay seems to be the in thing this year - we have gone with the coasters and they have worked well.

We invited the Mums in for an afternoon to help their child make their coaster and had a lovely afternoon with them, and they had some really high quality time with their child - worked beautifully.

I too lost my Dad, many years ago now, and it is a tricky time for lots of staff too, so opportunities for an extra cup of tea if need be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)