Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Preschool transition to school

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can give me any ideas of gifts for the children that are leaving us and transitioning to school in September. At the nursery we would like to give them a keepsake but are on a budget too. Any ideas would be grateful.

Thank you

We have gone with the 'getting ready for big school' theme of a little net bag tied with ribbon with a large gift tag with a photo and a few personal words on. Inside the gift bag we put a special pencil, a little notebook, a laminated number line, a little pot of homemade playdough, a magic insect to have adventures with and a little tiny pack of magic bubbles to explore with!

Cheap, cheerful, thoughtful but with a learning theme, after all we are preparing them for the next stage of their journey!

In the main, we use white T shirts, the children decorate the front however they wish and on the back all the staff write a little message to each child and I iron on a transfer with our setting name and Leavers 2015, or whatever.

Guest pamdulay

Hi all I am new to this forum. Have been nosing around. These ideas for transition gifts are beautiful ! what a lovely way to say goodbye and hello !

Love it!!!! Where from ........

I'll have to search my inbox!! i ordered them from a print company ...had to buy 100 to make them a good deal but they get the same thing every year sp there's always a bit of stock (and they are very small so don't take up much room!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)