Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policy Renewal Time

thumperrabbit

PLUS, does anyone know - will the LA contact us to ask what we can offer to them for the Local Offer, or do we just come up with our own ideas on what facilities we have and how confident we are - anyone know how all this will work in principle?

Wish I knew the definitive answer to this - somewhere on another thread - a fellow 'Kenter' seemed to indicate that our LA are producing their own Local Offer???

It certainly wasn't covered in the most recent SENCO briefing that my deputy attended in late July.....

Just when you thought you'd finished your TO DO list (obviously not including the SEF :rolleyes: ).

I have (for the first time) had an email from the PSLA alerting me to some policy updates. I am sure that I am not alone in using their policy models book so I thought (just in case you don't get an email) I would put on there what policies they say they have updated to reflect the revisions of the 2014 EYFS.

I haven't checked any of it out yet - obviously that is a job for tonight when I'm on double time xDxDxDxDxD

The following policies and procedures have been updated, in line with the EYFS 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice 2014:
  • Introduction.
  • 6.8 Individual Health Plan: This new template, as now referred to in 6.1 Administering Medicines, should be completed for children with long term medical conditions; documenting their needs, how these will be met and by whom.
  • 7.1 Promoting Positive Behaviour.
  • 8.1 Health and Safety General Standards, now includes a procedure for ensuring that blind cords are secured safely.
  • 8.3 Supervision of children on outings and visits.
  • 8.5 Fire Safety and Emergency Evacuation: Introduces the use of a Fire Safety Log Book.
  • 9.2 Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs.
  • 9.4 Access Audit: Introduced to establish if the provision is accessible to all disabled children and adults
  • Where appropriate, reference to the Health Protection Agency have been replaced with Public Health England.

Sorry !!

I had that email too! First time ever! If I were you - or anybody else who hasn't already done them. I would write on bits of paper and attach to my already printed out copies - this shows that they are a proper working document which is continuously being reviewed

• Like 1

I had the email, but when I signed onto website it says I need to register the publication - I got it in Feb 2013 and have no Access Code :( so can't get to the updates

Ah - you will be able to my lovely - I wrapped myself up in knots trying to do this - hmmm - think that you go to 'shop' and it will offer 'purchased' (or something similar and you can get in without a code - give it a whirl :1b

• Like 1

Do the numbers correspond to the pla policy rather than the number in revised eyfs doc....I do hope so as the changes my county sent only go to 3.77 and I still haven't gotten around to cross referencing the changes to new doc...I know, I know :/

....and breathe.......yes they are pla policy nos :1b

• Like 1

Phew Sunnyday .....I have a copy of the 'Childcare register requirements' with my policies, accessible to parents, but a few recent ofsted reports for my region are pulling settings up, saying 'they must make information about the registration system for the voluntary parts of the childcare register available to parents' ......is there something else I should be doing, that was the only thing that one setting had not met that put them into 'requires improvement' ....anyone ? Catma ?

Phew Sunnyday .....I have a copy of the 'Childcare register requirements' with my policies, accessible to parents, but a few recent ofsted reports for my region are pulling settings up, saying 'they must make information about the registration system for the voluntary parts of the childcare register available to parents' ......is there something else I should be doing, that was the only thing that one setting had not met that put them into 'requires improvement' ....anyone ? Catma ?

Oh no - no idea :blink: how much more are we being expected to do/provide :(

Thanks SueJ , No e-mail for me either!! I do not print off my policies just put them on website. If I had a parent with no internet access I invite them in and let them read them using my laptop. I have been told that as long as parents are given access to them that is ok. I hope this is correct my early years advisor says this Is ok . Off now to amend the policies so I can still be proud of myself that I am up to date with everything.

• Like 2

'The following actions are to be completed by the date
shown
make information about the registration system for the
voluntary parts of the Childcare Register available to
parents'.
I've read that on 3 or 4 reports in the last couple of weeks.

Words fail me....... :blink:

• Like 1

Am I just being stupid, or have I misunderstood something. Are we saying that Ofsted would like us to give the following out to parents

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-childcare-register-requirements-childcare-providers-non-domestic-or-domestic-pre

Surely not!!!!! They will never want to read that!

Well if you're being stupid so am I - I have no idea what we are supposed to be doing here :blink:

• Like 2

Do you know what,I'm just gonna print it and shove it on the Noticeboard, and at least it's there to refer to!

I had come to the same conclusion (in the wee small hours when I was busy worrying about things) - so I have just printed it :blink:

• Like 1

I am going to stick it on the website if nothing else it is another i dotted

HOWEVER

I think I will also, instead of giving my parents a questionnaire at the end of the school year for their thoughts on how we are doing, ask them to come in for a 6 hour examination to make sure that they can correctly answer questions on ofsted registration, early years outcomes, the SEN code of practice, the statutory framework, our policies and our QA schemes.

I feel a visit to Staples coming on to get a supply of red pens which I shall mark their papers with and then instead of pass/fail I will judge the examination results in terms of Outstanding, Good, Requires Improvement and Inadequate. xDxD

• Like 6

lets face it no matter how hard we try, they are not actually that interested in their children's learning at this stage :(

So agree with this statement, parents love to look at their child's folder because they like to see the photos of what they've been upto except for the odd mum I don't think any actually read the observation!

• Like 2

when are Ofsted going to get their heads around the fact that the parents don't want all the info we fling at them

This is it, really. It's not that they're not interested, if we could tell them it (précis of course) and they could be relied upon to remember they were told, there'd be no problem. We are all constantly being bombarded with information from left and right, and I can totally understand why they push aside something that is seen to be irrelevant to them, some of them just haven't got time to plough through things like that. Plus of course, if WE struggle to understand it, who are used to the language of O, how much worse is it going to be for parents!

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)