Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do you ever worry...?

Froglet

Oh I've missed these silly threads! It must be summer!

I'm not quite sure why you think it's silly? ;) I'm very serious - love the GBCO plan!

PVA GLUE - MISTYPE OR ipad bungle not sure!!!

Thank goodness for that - was feeling very ignorant, just like when someone uses beetroot powder on Bake Off - I think what?! And then Why?!

How about an outdoor challenge to make things from a woodland environment?

Great idea - I've been pondering what could be the GBCO equivalent of those mini documentaries about the history of particular bakes or regional specialities. Maybe we could have ones about well-known outdoor artists?

I am going to have to withdraw from this thread....... Unless froglet comes back and tells me how to do smilies!!!!!!!!!!

Xxxx

I'm back! But at the moment I can only remember how to ;)! Just type a ; and a ) together with no space!

I have spent the weekend dying to tell my sister about this thread but being pretty sure she wouldn't get it!

• Like 2

That's good news to start the week with! Thank goodness.

Yes, I read parts of the thread to Zebedee and he was a bit bemused by it all - I guess you have to be 'in the moment' to understand and appreciate the nuttiness of these threads!

:o

Edited by Cait

That's good news to start the week with! Thank goodness.

Yes, I read parts of the thread to Zebedee and he was a bit bemused by it all - I guess you have to be 'in the moment' to understand and appreciate the nuttiness of these threads!

:o

Mr S would never 'get it' so I won't even 'go there' - he would, however be pleased to know that we are all happy in our madness! xDxDxD

• Like 3

Having reflected on this I think we might be missing a trick here if our focus is only on the GBBO (hard as it is Sunnyday for you to consider anything else other than Mr H xD ).

This is an opportunity to combine the GBBO with the Sewing Bee and This Old Vintage Thing as well as resurrecting It's A Knockout - I have horrific memories of trying to do some sort of craft activity with some small children involving dolly pegs and fabric using PVA that just wouldn't stick :huh: :huh: :huh: add this sort of activity to creating some sort of masterpiece from a bit of old cloth from a charity - sorry vintage shop and include a quick run round an obstacle course in the garden and we've got it all sewn up (excuse the pun) xD

• Like 3

As if I would ever have any impure thoughts :rolleyes:

Soooo Sunnyday,are you "off to the love dungeon" as Sue called it last night with PH? Some right dodgy stuff baked last night, but a good couple of candidates for winner already, if they can stand the pace. Will be watching the companion show on Friday, see if it's any good.

• Like 1

Soooo Sunnyday,are you "off to the love dungeon" as Sue called it last night with PH? Some right dodgy stuff baked last night, but a good couple of candidates for winner already, if they can stand the pace. Will be watching the companion show on Friday, see if it's any good.

:blink: Who is this PH person of whom you speak? :blink: PH/love dungeon - nope all a complete mystery to me.......

There really was some 'right dodgy stuff' baked last night - found myself muttering - blimey I could do better than that - hmmm probably couldn't really :D

Think that I am backing Nancy at the moment - yay let's hear it for the 'grannies'! :1b

• Like 1

:blink: Who is this PH person of whom you speak? :blink: PH/love dungeon - nope all a complete mystery to me.......

You can run Sunnyday, but you can't hide! You will have to form an orderly queue outside the dungeon please

Nope - I can't stand queuing for anything and having just heard the report about Vitamin D and dementia - I need sunlight not dungeons! :rolleyes:

Off to do a bit more weeding + catch a few rays and build up my Vit D.......laters! :D

• Like 3

Nope - I can't stand queuing for anything and having just heard the report about Vitamin D and dementia - I need sunlight not dungeons! :rolleyes:

Off to do a bit more weeding + catch a few rays and build up my Vit D.......laters! :D

One of the better procrastinating reasons I've heard!

• Like 2

Yes, there were a couple of dodgy looking things. And ..... what baker worth their salt doesn't know how to stop cherries drinking in a cherry cake!!!

Didn't spot anything made from egg cartons and kitchen roll tho, so they mustn't have got the memo .......

• Like 2

Didn't spot anything made from egg cartons and kitchen roll tho, so they mustn't have got the memo .......

Ah - but there were a couple of nifty 'inventions - the guillotine for one and then Norman (least I think his name is Norman) with his 'lifter outer' - pretty cool I thought! :1b

Right where was I - oh I know trying to build up the old Vit D - trouble is the sun's gone in - hmmm perhaps I should eat an egg :blink:

• Like 1

Yes, there were a couple of dodgy looking things. And ..... what baker worth their salt doesn't know how to stop cherries drinking in a cherry cake!!!

And smiley Richard the builder did have a pencil behind his ear - ready for action methinks. Mr H also used words like 'structure' so maybe they're just warming up?

• Like 2