Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dam good weekend !

lashes2508

Well a selfish post but just wanted to tell everyone about my trip to Amsterdam with friends , a much needed break , 2 days off work and home to the boiler not working but it was worth it, funny how you just get on with things that are stressful, upsetting etc but when you get a chance to relax and forget all about work it's worth every minute , a dam good weekend

• Like 3

Fabulous. A change is as good as a break but a break is better!

Me and hubby are managing more and more weekends like that, nothing can beat them. Oxford this weekend with friends :D

• Like 1

Oh how lovely! We spent most of this weekend helping the daughter move out - absolutely shattered!

Never been to Amsterdam - must put it on 'the list'! Glad you had such a lovely time.

• Like 1

Glad you had a great time and we should definitely share posts like this.

I second and third that!

(she says after a trying time at And E with elderly mum - not trying to scupper this lovely thread)

So, here's to more !!

And well done Lashes!! xx

• Like 1

(she says after a trying time at And E with elderly mum - not trying to scupper this lovely thread)

Oh dear - I've got one of those too - an elderly mum that is - I love her dearly but I can identify with the 'trying time' in that sentence - anyway hope your mum is OK x

• Like 1

Thanks sunnyday! Yes, mum is good, back home today and smiling, bossing me and sis about, but that is better than yesterday!!!!!

Must admit my Sunday plans didn't include 9 and a half hours in hospital - lovely though those folk are!!

Sue

• Like 3

I second and third that!

So, here's to more !!

And well done Lashes!! xx

Oh dear, hope everythings ok Sue :huh:

Lashes, you'll have to tell more about Amsterdam, hubby wants to go there next. Then if anyone else is a traveller, Berlin, Prague, Paris and New York are on the list. Then hubby said he'd like to travel Route 66! :blink:

Oh dear, hope everythings ok Sue :huh:

Lashes, you'll have to tell more about Amsterdam, hubby wants to go there next. Then if anyone else is a traveller, Berlin, Prague, Paris and New York are on the list. Then hubby said he'd like to travel Route 66! :blink:

I wanted to do route 66, but on further research it appears not the same as it used to be- so have crossed that off for timebeing :huh:

Glad you had a good weekend lashes- you needed it after the last few weeks. I hope it wasn't the cookies that made you so chilled out and relaxed! :o:ph34r::ph34r::D:D ::1a

• Like 4

Must be something in the air. We have had to be constant carers for my mother in law this weekend. Waiting for her to be assessed now to get some proper carers in. MKes me very sad at how much she has detiriated over the last few months.

To change the subject back to the happier theme I would love to go to Rome or Venice. My fortieth next month, so live in hope!!!

Must be something in the air. We have had to be constant carers for my mother in law this weekend. Waiting for her to be assessed now to get some proper carers in. MKes me very sad at how much she has detiriated over the last few months.

To change the subject back to the happier theme I would love to go to Rome or Venice. My fortieth next month, so live in hope!!!

Rome was my absolute favourite place until I went to Venice, but then I went to Brussels...

I agree, Rome was absolutely wonderful. I would go back in a heartbeat if I got the chance.

I loved Venice but hubby was less impressed and it can be a bit smelly in the heat.

Haven't been to Amsterdam, it's on my wish list, but glad you had a lovely time lashes2508.:)

oh my goodness! Did you have to get special permission, a policeman was blowing his whistle at anyone who dangled their hands in when we went the first time. I'm intrigued as to the choice of place, are you Italian? you don't have to answer, obviously, I just tend to be nosy, hence Facebook and twitter!

oh my goodness! Did you have to get special permission, a policeman was blowing his whistle at anyone who dangled their hands in when we went the first time. I'm intrigued as to the choice of place, are you Italian? you don't have to answer, obviously, I just tend to be nosy, hence Facebook and twitter!

My sisters husband was Italian and they spent time in the city. Sadly he was killed many many years ago in a work accident. My sister and my Mum visited Rome on a cruise a few years ago and the Trevi fountain had a really overwhelming effect on my sister. It seemed the most natural place to scatter some of her ashes. This was done by my niece, nephew, Mum and brother very discreetly early in the morning!!! I think they may have been in trouble if caught!!! Really want to visit it one day.