Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

DBS for Staff Members

Had to tell them which 'word' I was using (2010), reply was 'tell me what details you want on form and we'll populate it for me, send it out as PDF so I can print and say', surely 2010 should be ok, can you tell me how much you are charged FM please? I'm in a total haze still with it all :/.....or just being really thick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but it's unbelievable how very complicated this all seems to be!

We are registered with tmg and as no one has had checks for 10 years, we thought it would be good practice to update them.

I'm the manager, and I've set my self up as a verifier on the system, so I can verify the other staff,,,,

Daft question, but who verifies mine? It seems to be allowing me to do my own, but that can't be right!!!

Should it be the nominated Person?

Many thanks

Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but it's unbelievable how very complicated this all seems to be!

We are registered with tmg and as no one has had checks for 10 years, we thought it would be good practice to update them.

I'm the manager, and I've set my self up as a verifier on the system, so I can verify the other staff,,,,

Daft question, but who verifies mine? It seems to be allowing me to do my own, but that can't be right!!!

Should it be the nominated Person?

Many thanks

You do need to have more than one person set up to verify docs - this doesn't cost any more money (well, it doesn't with capita) It just means they get their own log in details. You can't really check your own!

Well it maybe an old thread but- still the same issues.

My member of staff that we applied for a DBS in July of last year still doesnt have it.

It is so frustrating as we have no one to speak to or no clue what to do from here. It has been at Stage 4 (5 stages) with the Met

since July 9th last year- we started it off on July 6th- and there it has stayed! Just going round and round in circles with them.

Such a waste of time

Thank you - so it can just be another member of staff?

Personally i do all the verifying of staffs DBS as i am the registered person and Ofsted checked mine. I use Capita, usually comes back within 1-4 weeks depending how busy they are.

If you can't get the registered person to check yours, then i would get another senior member of staff to do it.