Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

did you put your clocks back?

mundia

I put the one by my bed back last night so I'm not completely disoriented this morning, a few others re-set themselves and gradually through the day as I come across them I'll sort the others.

I don't so much mind the dark evenings but I don't like having dark mornings too. If I have a particularly busy day at work then it feels like I haven't seen any daylight!

At the risk of sounding completely mad I'm planning to look on it as a fresh start today. I'm going to sort and organise things and get rid of the 'stuff' that accumulates over a half term so that the house is as calm, ordered and serene as it's ever going to get while DIY chaos surrounds me then this evening I will put the fire on, light some candles, have something cosy to drink (hot apple and cinnamon or freshly made ginger tea maybe), find a good book, lovely music and celebrate the dark evening!

• Like 3

I was awake at silly oclock but unusually managed to get back to sleep and have just got up. One of the cats dosent like th eextra hour and has left a poo at the bottom of the stairs for me, but eveyone else is fine :ph34r:

At the risk of sounding completely mad I'm planning to look on it as a fresh start today. I'm going to sort and organise things and get rid of the 'stuff' that accumulates over a half term so that the house is as calm, ordered and serene as it's ever going to get while DIY chaos surrounds me then this evening I will put the fire on, light some candles, have something cosy to drink (hot apple and cinnamon or freshly made ginger tea maybe), find a good book, lovely music and celebrate the dark evening!

Doesn't sound mad at all - sounds rather lovely! :1b

• Like 1

Ooh, me, me!

We remembered, but were dog-sitting for our daughter - who got up at silly o'clock anyway! Boo! Ah, well, at least it's a beautiful, if windy, day. And a phone call from son in Nassau to look forward to! (No, neither living nor holidaying there - he has a new job as a stage techie on a cruise ship!)

found the best way to survive the clocks going back - we had a pretty mad halloween party and enjoyed the extra hour dancing and drinking when the clocks went back 2

Welcome to come up and join me - there's birthday cake left over! I got given an 'Artisan bread making' day as a present so will invite you up for that later in the year too.

What time would you like me? :D

Must say I don't want to be in sunny Kent this evening - if the forecast is correct :o

Spent the extra hour changing all the blooming clocks :D:D

No really - I always feel like I am chasing my tail when we lose an hour in the spring so I feel like I'm back on an even keel now - why oh why do we have to keep doing this!!!

Have also been gathering up garden chairs and other gumph ready for the great blow which is heading our way - thankfully it is half term week so don't have to get up and battle into work tomorrow

My choir sang at an Apple Day event today - stopped raining just for our performance and then started again once we'd finished! Since then I've just been drifting in and out of sleep on the sofa so am missing out the cleaning and have skipped straight to the firelight/candlelight! I hate how exhausted school makes me feel at the end of term...