Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who pays

I had given up sending mine in to Ofsted as they just kept sending them back.

I have a section on the appraisal form for staff to complete each year( for them to declare any offences etc.)

All committee/ trustees done as and when needed.

Ofsted seemed happy with this when I was inspected Sept 2012.:)

• 2 weeks later...

We have new committee members and as they are volunteers their dbs fee was £8 which the setting paid. our setting is going to pay the initial £50 odd pounds for staff dbs checks but if staff want to make their dbs transportable they will pay the additional £13 per year themselves which will actually work out cheaper than renewing the whole thing every 3 years

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now expanding the 'Who pays?' topic about disclosure checks to include courses for first aid, child protection and food hygiene certificates. Soon these will no longer be paid through our training subscriptions within our LA. Staff pay for their qualification - it is 'theirs' to take with them if / when they leave and one could consider the same for these certificates. Yet they are required to do the job. What are you doing / plan to do about paying?

Hi, all committee members need to fill in a EY2, the provision also needs to fill in a EY3, this tells them of any people to come off and people to go on. All goes to Ofsted, and then they will trigger the DBS stage. I normally send the EY2's together and the EY3 separate by registered post. :)