Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who pays

Now that's funny was thinking of asking my forum friends the very same thing.

I have just completed and verified two, one the setting has paid for as a new member of staff, but the other was for a student and they have paid themselves( reduced rate).

Not tempting fate but we really don't have a high turnover of staff, so if we can pay we will.

They only go with them if you/ they pay £13 per year on top of the initial £51 ish for the check.

You also have to sign up to this within 14 days I think it is of receiving the certificate (Capita) otherwise you loose the chance for this service and would then have to pay the full price again next time...

Edited by Greenfinch

This is not for staff already employed, that is another issue or thought but for people who you would employ subject to references and a clear enhanced check. If we pay and it comes back not ok, it could work out to be an expensive time. I am just revamping my recruitment policies etc ( luckily we don't have to higher change over of staff) and I just wondered what others did

This is a tough one Suer and we are thinking about this at the moment. Due to circumstance we are looking at employing someone for a temporary post for a year as we need the help now but may not in a years time. We have always paid in the past for full contract employees and think we may still in this case as it benefits us so to speak and to be honest however much I wanted a job I really couldn't afford the price of a DBS check, so I tend to be soft and think everybody is the same as me.

when the DBS first came in Ofsted wouldn't class committee members as volunteers, as they are the registered body and therefore the 'owners' of the setting....not sure if they've had a rethink on this yet.

O this is harsh when a lot of the members are usually unpaid and often parents.

'We were therefore deeply disappointed in

January to have to take unprecedented action

to strike off a Registered Body for knowingly

submitting inappropriate volunteer

applications. We also referred its Lead

Signatory to the police. DBS will not tolerate

misuse of our free volunteer checks'.

this is in the gov dbs site that you get directed to from ofsted site....so don't want to get it wrong :/

• 3 weeks later...

Sent my new committee members off on the ofsted/capita link to complete there checks......not till they get to stage 3 does it mention you need to have your login name and password to continue from your application........so I phone ofsted to ask what password ? What application ? Isn't that the application ? To be told NO the EY2 aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh :( so still need to print out hundreds of pages to get the few relevant parts for each new member before even starting on DBS application.......this of course is going to take even longer than before it did already and they'll prob be about to leave again by the time it's completed and could it not flash up in big red letters at the start 'before proceeding have you submitted an EY2 and received your log in details' ....for idiots like me !

Mouse,

I have an AGM and several new committee members, do you have the link to the EY2 ?

I assumed as well, new members would now apply for the DBS as listed on the Ofsted page.

Confused !

I emailed Ofsted and they replied

'In response to your enquiry any new committee members that are joining the provision will need to complete the EY2 form:

Following the receipt of the EY2 forms, each individual will be sent information on how to complete the DBS check.'
Hope that helps
korkycat

It doesn't help that if you start at ofsted homepage follow link to Early Years, the next link is 'changes to DBS formerly CRB' that link takes you straight to ofsted/capita ....steps 1,2,3 it seems to have completely omitted to mention that the EY2 is still required, I stupidly thought the new DBS check was instead of not as well as :/

No it's as well as. I am still waiting to be sent a 'ref number' which ofsted insisted was on the letter they sent telling my new chair what to do (it wasn't) So all in all, this whole thing is taking so much longer than before. Luckily it is committee members i am trying to get done and not people who are in with the children.

• Like 2