Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

So I need to get Sunnyday a cagoule and some wellies to go with her thermal sarong?!

Oooh a knitted cagoule - lovely - can't wait xD

I've had a great weekend - lots of gardening, bonfire building on Saturday and a big family lunch yesterday in honour of my mum's 92nd birthday! :1b

Have a good week everyone! :1b

• Like 1

Oooh a knitted cagoule - lovely - can't wait xD

I've had a great weekend - lots of gardening, bonfire building on Saturday and a big family lunch yesterday in honour of my mum's 92nd birthday! :1b

Have a good week everyone! :1b

Actually, I was going to get my class to decorate the pvc cloth we use to cover the playdough and painting table and turn it into a kind of waterproof poncho for you! They could paint some wellies for you too? Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

You too! Friday is looking a long way away!

Also got lots of gardening done - greenhouse scrubbed inside and out and put to bed for the winter. Do plastic pots breed like coat hangers?

If the number that have appeared out of my shed today are anything to go by then yes!

I spent the whole weekend either asleep trying to get rid of a headache or desperately trying to get all my planning done; I'm struggling so much with it this year.

My mum and dad are being absolute stars at the moment though. I had plasterers in upstairs over the summer and got all the walls painted and lots of the woodwork but struggle to do any DIY stuff once term has started. My dad has been in and painted 3 doors for me, as well as the working parts of a sash window. He's put in a curtain rail too. Today he and mum came over and emptied out my shed (something of a black hole), put some shelves in and assorted nails on the door to hang brooms, trowels etc. They've put on one side things they think I want to go to the tip and will take it there later in the week! Mum also washed up my dishes from breakfast and took away the rolling pin I brought home from school so that dad can fix it! I do, of course, say thank you but I'd love to think of something special I could do to say thanks - any ideas?

As for this week...getting through it is my main goal!

• Like 1

today it is 'thank god its monday' cos OFSTED have been. Am thinking that my low from last week regarding a parent making a complaint to ofsted is now going to become a high as everything went really well and it is now out of the way for a bit. Glass of wine and breathe! Have a good week everyone

Actually, I was going to get my class to decorate the pvc cloth we use to cover the playdough and painting table and turn it into a kind of waterproof poncho for you! They could paint some wellies for you too? Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Oooh - yes please that sounds like a great plan! xD

Cait and zigzag - my greenhouses are still producing tomatoes and cucumbers - so not time for the 'big clean' yet :1b

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well - I have never been so glad that it's Friday - I have had a completely 'rubbish' week - none of it work related - thank goodness.

I'm so looking forward to 'shutting' the outside world out for a couple of days........hope that the 'outside world' leaves me alone :blink:

Have a great weekend everyone! :1b

• Like 1

Well - I have never been so glad that it's Friday - I have had a completely 'rubbish' week - none of it work related - thank goodness.

I'm so looking forward to 'shutting' the outside world out for a couple of days........hope that the 'outside world' leaves me alone :blink:

Have a great weekend everyone! :1b

:(:( :( sunnyday.

Hope you have a good week-end though.

Well I have done all my planning for the coming week (usually doing it on Sunday afternoon) Got all my learning journeys up to date yesterday. So I would say that I am going to have a work free weekend....but need to buy some Christmas lights tomorrow and I expect I will end up going in and putting them up!! Trying to get an idea for our nativity straight in my head, wish I could and then maybe I could power off for the weekend!!! Whatever you are all doing hope you enjoy. :D:D

• Like 1

Lots of work for me too this weekend although I'm hoping to get some sewing done. I unwrapped a jelly roll of fabric last weekend - I bought it for myself as a birthday treat a couple of years ago what I didn't realise until now that it's a wintry/Christmassy theme - cream, soft greens and dark reds with snowflakes, holly outlines etc. on. Now I'm inspired to sew it into a Christmas throw for my bed/sofa.

Sunnyday - I hope your weekend is far better than your week. Switch your mind off, settle down with a nice mug of hot chocolate and a ginger biscuit or two and (if you can find one) a stationery catalogue and indulge yourself!

Take care.

• Like 2

Thanks Helen :1b

I've got a bit of work to do too and just remembered that I have a hair appointment tomorrow - tempted to cancel but better not - hair really needs a 'do'! :1b

Have just read the following on a blog and thought it a brilliant tip

Picture a busy train station, full of people, noise, trains, people coming and going...then slowly empty it until there's only you on the platform.....no trains, no noise, nobody else......then concentrate on the quiet........

I will be giving that a go :1b

• Like 1

Have just read the following on a blog and thought it a brilliant tip

Picture a busy train station, full of people, noise, trains, people coming and going...then slowly empty it until there's only you on the platform.....no trains, no noise, nobody else......then concentrate on the quiet........

I will be giving that a go :1b

Sounds like a good idea. I've found myself avoiding the staff room at lunch this week. Today I took myself for a walk down to our church and wandered round the church yard for a while. Definitely peaceful and a good escape from the 'noise' at school.

• Like 2

Guest sn0wdr0p

Sunnyday so sorry to hear yu have had such a horrible week. I de stressed last weekend with a good book - I get so into them I forget my problems. a packet of McVities dark chocolate digestives dunked in my tea helps as well. Sending a virtual hug your way.

This weekend I am planning our Christmas production -I have decided to do the story of Baboushka as it ties in really well with Christmas and we have a couple of Russian children as well so I have printed out a Russian version from the cbeebies website and translated it into English.

We are putting Christmas baubles on our Christmas tree display and a photo of each child in each one and have managed to find a picture of a bauble with Happy Christmas written in Russian on it and another in German for anoher child. So happily printing away at the moment.

Planning on popping in to get some work done tomorrow but then going to my father's for some TLC on Sunday then we are all going to a massive garden centre with the most wonderful Christmas decorations where I intend to have a little spending spree. Starting to get in the Christmas spirit now as the lights were turned on in our town tonight so I spent the afternoon with my husband putting the lights up outside our nursery. First time in 17 years I haven't been to the switch on as far too tired (and cold) but still getting rather excited. I LOVE my job this time of year!

Planning on popping in to get some work done tomorrow but then going to my father's for some TLC on Sunday then we are all going to a massive garden centre with the most wonderful Christmas decorations where I intend to have a little spending spree. Starting to get in the Christmas spirit now as the lights were turned on in our town tonight so I spent the afternoon with my husband putting the lights up outside our nursery. First time in 17 years I haven't been to the switch on as far too tired (and cold) but still getting rather excited. I LOVE my job this time of year!

We have just had THE most amazing christmas town lights turn on ever. We had Jenson Button roaring through the centre of town in his F1 Mclaren, unbelievable noise, no surprises what we will be talking about at preschool on monday